Thread: Need help with a bulk diet

Need help with a bulk diet

Been cutting for a few months and have lost a lot of fat but getting comments now about looking a bit gangly and too thin. A bit tired of not getting any stronger in the gym as well. My body fat still not as low as I would like. If I post a video would you give advice on what you think is best?

Anyway for diet purposes I am 13st 7lb and 6ft 1in. I have only been getting carbs from oats in the morning and the rest through Veg and fruit on most days. I have had pasta and rice on odds occasions but not regularly. I have read if I introduce them too quickly I may pile fat back on quickly. Anyway need a good diet plan for lean gains as I really don't want to put the fat back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzee View Post
    Been cutting for a few months and have lost a lot of fat but getting comments now about looking a bit gangly and too thin. A bit tired of not getting any stronger in the gym as well. My body fat still not as low as I would like. If I post a video would you give advice on what you think is best?

Anyway for diet purposes I am 13st 7lb and 6ft 1in. I have only been getting carbs from oats in the morning and the rest through Veg and fruit on most days. I have had pasta and rice on odds occasions but not regularly. I have read if I introduce them too quickly I may pile fat back on quickly. Anyway need a good diet plan for lean gains as I really don't want to put the fat back on.
    What does 13st 7lb 6ft 1in mean?

A good bulk strategy is simply keep your protein and fat where it's been and slowly bump carbs. Start with 15-20% more than what you've been using. You're right, don't introduce carbs back too quickly. But even more importantly IMO don't introduce fat back too quickly. Just make gradual increases with the carbs. You may opt to start with more first at post workout, as these are definetly not going to get stored as fat.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54