The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Comfort is For the Couch - Newsletter Mini Article

by Mike Scialabba
    You're not doin' the same thing you did last week are you? Oh, one more set of squats this week, and 10 more sets of bicep curls? You must be makin' progress!

For a lot of trainees, our workouts can be about as entertaining as laying in bed watching Dr. Phil talk about the importance of abstinence. We stroll into the gym, hang up the sweater, lie down on the bench and move the empty bar around attempting to stretch and warm up. About 20 minutes later hit the hammer strength incline press and hold the scarecrow position half asleep as if the world has stopped spinning.

Is it possible that the routine has become a little stale and we know it? I would say so. It's okay, we all get comfortable sometimes in our approach to badassness, but you know as well as I do, we have got to get outside that comfort zone!

Here's a few ways you can wake it up!

1)Join your girlfriend for some Yoga.

If you don't have a girlfriend, this may be a good place to get one. Trust me, you'll be really uncomfortable with all aspects of this foreign type of exercise, but it will reap huge rewards!

Taking a Yoga class may well reap huge rewards!

2) Boycott all machines.

If you don't have a machine to make you do it it's way, you're just going to have to figure out how your body can do it on it's very own! Time to put the big boy pants on and learn how to move by yourself.

3) Powerlift.

You want the best gains of your life? Find yourself a solid power lifting routine that's suitable for your level of fitness, and execute the sucker like would your post workout shake!

4) Atkins it Up!

Spend 5 weeks on a straight up Atkins diet. You'll feel like crap in the weight room, but you'll look like a million bucks by the end of your 5 weeks. Why not? Lose some chub, do something you've never done, eat a boat load of protein, an amazing amount of vegatables and a solid amount of healthy oils and good fats. How is that bad? It's not. Do it.

5) Take an aerobics class

How is this cool? It's not. It'll simply remind you why you lift a lot of heavy weights, and keep you motivated enough to make good decisions with your programming so you can do it for a very long time.

There you have it, a few sweet ways to get really uncomfortable, and have it reap you some major physical benefits a long the way!

------------------

Mike is the Director and Owner of the Missoula Underground Strength Training Center located in Missoula, Montana. Hes an Expert Strength Coach and has been in the business for nearly a decade working with hundreds of individuals utilizing conventional and unconventional training methods. Be sure to check out his blog!

------------------

This exclusive article (and others) can be found in the latest Wannabebig Serious About Muscle Newsletter - June 24th, 2010

You can sign up here - Wannabebig Newsletter Sign Up
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Ill be the first one to admit, yoga has done wonders for my hockey abilities.