Thread: Is It CNS fatigue?

Is It CNS fatigue?

OK so I just started a new job working 40 hours a week, and on top of that I'm still working weekends at my other job, about 15 hours a weekend.

I went in on Wednesday to test a squat max, and normally 315 flys up, but this time I barely had it and had to muscle it up.

My hips feel week again, as does my hamstrings, although I am working them almost every week, and I am squatting with diffrent band tensions/ chain weights every week.

Is it a weakness thing again, or am I just tired and ready for a break? my last deload was 5 weeks ago.
    "The iron never lies to you, people can tell you your a god, or a total bastard, but the iron will always kick you the real deal"

You may need a deload given your schedule. The other possibility is that all the training with chains and bands isn't carrying over well to your regular squats. This is especially true if you are squatting raw as the sticking point tends to be in or right out of the hole. The chains and bands deload some in the hole, so all the chain and band work may not be hitting the bottom of the ROM very well, and thus aren't carrying over to your regular squat.

Listen man, you're working a lot. CNS fatigue usually comes about from either a lack of calories or lack of rest, or both. If you're working 55 hours a week, and you're not getting enough sleep, that will cause most people to be tired. Throw in some hard training, and yes, CNS fatigue does become a factor.

Deload every 4th week. Sometimes you just have bad days. Dont over stress it. IF all days were easy we wouldnt go in LOL.
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

I worked (2) jobs for over 10 years and you definitely need extra sleep, recovery, calories, etc...

Deload as you feel neccessary but I generally deloaded every 4-5 weeks. With so many variables to consider its hard to say why your strength was off that particular workout. Just make sure you're getting enough rest & recovery and pay close attention to your diet & you'll be fine.
    Good luck,
    RC