The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

looking to transform from fat to fit

hi, im 18 years old, i weigh about 215, my height is 5'9. i am here to lose my weight goal of 60 pounds. im not sure how long that will take. i am hoping i can lose it by november or sometime around there. ok well, i am technically new to lifting because i did lift a lil earlier in hs, but i didn't really not anything, i am also new to the nutrition part, don't really have any experience to make it short :P.
    i don't have an access to a gym, i only have two 15lb dumbbells, a 35lb curlbar with four 10lb plates. i am not a really active person, last active thing i did was baseball, but its over now, so im back to where i was. anyways i wanted help in getting in shape (i was always fat btw).
    whats a good workout i could do at home to start out?
    and i also need help with the nutrition part if possible.
    oh yea as you can see my biggest problem is the chest, need to lose that

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Since you dont have access to a gym, are you willing to purchase your own equipment?

Banned
    you need a gym membership or an olympic bb w/ weights to do any kind of real lifting.

spend the 30-50 dollars a month and get a gym membership. until then get your diet in check. fitday.com is a great way to track your calories and its free. you could also do some HIIT which is a great way to increase your metabolism and get your body in a fat burning zone and start losing some of that fat. take about 1-2 hours and read some of the articles posted on this site. here are a few that will get you headed in the right direction. HIIT, once you get a gym membership try doing complexes like these - complexes, here are some articles on nutrition which you need to get in line to lose body fat. the best programming in the world can go to **** if you arent eating right. you are what you eat part 1, you are what you eat part 2. that should get you going in the right direction. good luck.

*edit* just wanted to comment on your comment about losing the fat in your chest. there is no way to spot reduce fat, meaning if you have a flabby stomach you could do 10 million crunches a day and it wont take the fat out of your stomach before your legs. your body will do pretty much what it wants. the best way to knock out the fat is with diet anyways.
    Last edited by gmen5681; 06-28-2010 at 06:04 AM.

now if your looking to get big and muscular you are going to have to buy some more weights, no question there. but in the meantime you could do some good body weight workouts such as inclined push-ups and eventually one armed if you are strong enough, tricep lift (sit like your in a chair and push up off the chair which is behind you using your triceps), one leg squats and for your shoulder go into a handstand position against your wall and do vertical push-ups (be mindful of how you are feeling because the blood will rush to your head so don't overdo it and feint. you should also try getting your handstands away from the wall because that will strengthen your abs like you wouldn't believe.

and if these are to easy see if you can find a way to add a few of those 10lb plates onto your body to increase the weight your lifting

but if your looking to get fit and lose weight i would suggest sprinting is your best option.

all of these are a good place to start but in the future you will need to invest some money in either more weights or a gym membership.

as for your nutrition drink plenty water and eat as healthily as you can.

hope i have been able to help you get started.
    Last edited by A Hughes; 06-28-2010 at 08:23 AM.

I went from 195 to 162 in a month....

You can get your goal faster if you cut your diet and workout daily.

Remember what you put into something is what you get out......
    -Luke

6'0"
    Im eating like an ANIMAL training like a hell raiser and hoping to be as big as possible...
    I just want the girls to say WOW!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kurox01 View Post
    hi, im 18 years old, i weigh about 215, my height is 5'9.
    You can get fit pretty fast using just your own body weight.

Re: Diet

1. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day to flush your body.
    2. Get some multivitamin pills, vitamin c pills, and cod liver oil jelly pills. Take those 3 once a day.
    3. Stop eating anything high in salt (sodium).
    4. Stay away from foods with trans fats.

Re: Exercise

I don't know what order you want to do these in, but you'll have to do them, a lot, probably everyday.

1. Push Ups - Start on your knees and work your way up.
    2. Dips - Start them with your feet on the floor.
    3. Inverse Rows - Start with your feet on the floor, then move to elevated feet, then move to negative pullups, then real pull ups. Use that bar you have and two chairs as a prop.
    4. Squats - Get up to 20. Then get a bucket, fill it up with water, and get up to 20. Then get another bucket, or a bigger bucket.
    5. Planks - This should be good for your core.

Try doing some of those. If you need more info, youtube them. I suggest you buy more weights if you're too shy for the gym.

My friend's also saying that you should remember these three things:

1, If your beater/shirt isn't soaked with sweat, you haven't worked hard enough. I don't mean just pit stains, I mean the whole shirt.
    2. Bitch tits are usually caused by estrogen. If you're eating soy products or birth control pills, stop.
    3. DON'T FORGET TO SQUAT.
    Last edited by KaMz; 06-29-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaMz View Post
    You can get fit pretty fast using just your own body weight.

Re: Diet

1. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day to flush your body.
    2. Get some multivitamin pills, vitamin c pills, and cod liver oil jelly pills. Take those 3 once a day.
    3. Stop eating anything high in salt (sodium).
    4. Stay away from foods with trans fats.

Re: Exercise

I don't know what order you want to do these in, but you'll have to do them, a lot, probably everyday.

1. Push Ups - Start on your knees and work your way up.
    2. Dips - Start them with your feet on the floor.
    3. Inverse Rows - Start with your feet on the floor, then move to elevated feet, then move to negative pullups, then real pull ups. Use that bar you have and two chairs as a prop.
    4. Squats - Get up to 20. Then get a bucket, fill it up with water, and get up to 20. Then get another bucket, or a bigger bucket.
    5. Planks - This should be good for your core.

Try doing some of those. If you need more info, youtube them. I suggest you buy more weights if you're too shy for the gym.

My friend's also saying that you should remember these three things:

1, If your beater/shirt isn't soaked with sweat, you haven't worked hard enough. I don't mean just pit stains, I mean the whole shirt.
    2. Bitch tits are usually caused by estrogen. If you're eating soy products or birth control pills, stop.
    3. DON'T FORGET TO SQUAT.
    this was close to what i was looking for, thnx.
    and thanks to everyone else that posted.
    im going to try..i mean, i will lose the fat and get healthy.
    thanks for the info you provided me.

BTW my goal wasn't really to get big, just saying, i just wanted to lose the weight and get some muscle showing.

Banned
    diet should consist of items including (but not limited to):

ww pasta or ww rice
    lean chicken
    lean beef
    fat free cheese
    almonds
    lean turkey
    oatmeal
    fat free cottage cheese
    skim milk
    low cal seasonings/sauces (sparingly)

you can make some pretty good progress just by cleaning up your diet in conjunction with a BW routine and the weights you already have. to really take things to the next level, you will eventually need a gym membership and a food scale though