Thread: 25 yr old, 5 ft 10, 155lbs, wanting to add another 55 lbs.

Wannabebig Member

25 yr old, 5 ft 10, 155lbs, wanting to add another 55 lbs.

Hi All,

I've just started training again after a long time not doing. I'm super-skinny and I'm looking at bulking up.

Livestrong's 'MyPlate' says in order to gain 2 lbs a week I need approximately 3,100 calories a day. At the moment I'm only having around 2,000 and I'd like to gain more than 2 lbs a week anyway.

Here's a rough guide of what I'm eating:

Breakfast
    Oats w/ whole milk
    Tea

Lunch
    Tuna Sandwich
    Crisps

Dinner
    Meat (Pork, chicken, beef, whatever)
    Potatoes with whole milk & butter
    Vegetables, mixed

Snacks
    Biscuits, cups of tea, crisps... nothing healthy.

Suppliments
    Creatine tablets, 4 a day (time varying depending on exercise or rest day)
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Fish Oil

I also have some Whey Protein Gainer on its way, delivery Monday, which should help.

I'm wondering if someone can help me out? I am looking to increase my calorie intake so that I will gain around 4-5 lbs a week. I know that's one hell of an ask, so if I'm being unrealistic let me know.

Can anyone suggest a diet for someone who has always struggled bulking, training very hard at home with free weights, that consumes enough calories to help put 4-5 lbs on per week?

Target weight is around 210lbs.

Thanks,
    Sc00t

Personally, I would aim closer to 1/2 - 1 lb a week. This would teach you how to eat properly and keep fat gains minimal.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

You won't like what you see in the mirror if you gain 55 pounds in less than 3 months.

Look up the bako shake.

Wannabebig Member
    You could try GOMAD = Gallon of milk a day

Why do you want to gain weight that quickly?

At 5'10 155 it is going to be a long time before he sees any significant fat bulking up. If after gaining 30 lbs he decides he doesn't want to get "fat" he can watch his diet more.

If you are serious about bulking, start by aiming for 4000 calories a day. Once your gains start slowing down, up it to 4500, then 5000 etc.

A good way to do it, especially if you are that skinny, is a gallon of mlik a day. That'll gain you some good weight.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post
    At 5'10 155 it is going to be a long time before he sees any significant fat bulking up. If after gaining 30 lbs he decides he doesn't want to get "fat" he can watch his diet more.

If you are serious about bulking, start by aiming for 4000 calories a day. Once your gains start slowing down, up it to 4500, then 5000 etc.

A good way to do it, especially if you are that skinny, is a gallon of mlik a day. That'll gain you some good weight.
    Fat build up has little to do with starting weight. Gain it too fast and chances are, fat will be there..i dont care if youre only 100 lbs. Thankfully, a little fat looks a hell of a lot better than being bone.

I agree with about 4k..but i think the op will do better just making food his job. You end up hating eating most of the time. You cant even enjoy a cup of coffee because youre so full. Thats when you know youre on a good path. The gomad thing does a good job for this...and so does mcdonalds.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Banned
    Eat, eat, eat and when you're full, eat more. Someone mentioned it above - If you hate eating it has just started. Eating to gain significant weight is the most miserable thing ever, especially if you don't like to eat in the first place.

Keep your food as clean as can be, but don't worry too much. Chicken, beef, pork, fish, potatoes, rice, pasta, oats, vegetables, peanut butter, milk, ice cream etc... Eat a cheat meal everyday. mcDonald's is great because you can get a decent amount of protein in on top of all the other awesome.

Keep your protein high (at least the weight in grams you want to reach) and stay active. If you pack on lbs and get lazy you'll feel like shit.

I hope you were eating the whole time you were reading this. If not, go get food and come back.

Wannabebig Member
    Dude. Protein carbs and fat EVERYMEAL! Don't expect to gain 2+lbs a week and if u do ull just be skinny fat and have done more harm then good. If ur 25 u hould have a job put aisde money every week, go to the grocery store and buy food! Sorry to say man but creatine 4x a day and not even having protein aqnd fat for breakfast? Look up shelby starnes lean gaining principles.
    Blue Collar Barbell|||Long Island Tribe Minor Leauge Football