Thread: New Lifting regime

Hybrid View

New Lifting regime

I am starting a new routine with some different styles i have thought of and will be keeping a journal. my goal is to be able to create a program that will work relatively well using minimal equipment (mostly free weights) and not having to stick to a radical regime such as eating 6 times which lets face it unless you are a lucky few most of us cant take an extra two breaks a day to eat full nutritious meals during work hours.

i will be working on this regime for the next few weeks and will hopefully be able to accurately document gains and appearances.

-lift every workday

-utilize all muscles i wish to build for a full body workout, the human body wont stop building one muscle because it is building another the main goal here is to train all my muscles to a point where i feel i gave it everything i had without hurting myself.

-i will be doing variations of lifts as well as the basics eg: shoulder press, bench press. dead lift, squat and dumbbell rows. these will mainly involve a larger lift area to maximize muscle use. ie: a shoulder press instead of just lifting the dumbbell from your shoulder straight up i will start it with a bicep curl and move it into a shoulder press from where it stops.

-i will be using an explosive lift and not a slow control lift with 50% of my max to start and build on that weight during workout and try and add more weight to what i start the workout with as often as i can.

mainly i will let my body tell me what needs to be done in the gym by focusing on how the muscle feels and not sets or reps because this way i will be able to do my maximum in the gym rather than saying "well theres my reps and sets done i'm outa here" without really having done a full workout.

My diet

- 3 meals a day at regular intervals.
    -eat as much as i can stomach and eat as clean as i can which means i will minimize processed foods.

and i will be drinking water constantly during the day between 4-7 liters a day and seeing as the body is approximately 80% water it would be good to keep fluids up.

What are your goals with this program?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    What are your goals with this program?
    in a nut shell my goal is to build strength.

A few things.

1.) Why can't you work and eat at the same time? (or are you on a shopfloor of some sort)
    2.) Is it just me, or is this post as vague as possible? I'm not sure what the point is. Unless its:
    3.) If this is a journal post, shouldn't it be in the journal section? (Not trying to back seat mod, just trying to understand what's going to be going on in this thread)
    Last edited by Coqui; 06-28-2010 at 09:11 AM.

well i cant eat and work because i am a manual laborer. and well yes it is a journal post but i put it here because i wanted criticism on my regime to see what areas need improving. also i didn't want to go asking for someone else to make a workout plan for me.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hughes View Post
    well i cant eat and work because i am a manual laborer. and well yes it is a journal post but i put it here because i wanted criticism on my regime to see what areas need improving. also i didn't want to go asking for someone else to make a workout plan for me.
    But you haven't posted what your routine is yet either. We can't criticise what we don't see.
    Last edited by Coqui; 06-30-2010 at 06:32 AM.

Good luck...I have always found it better to have a regimented program than doing "focusing on how the muscle feels and not sets or reps."
    Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?

Goals as of 2/08/11 (current) goal:
    Squat: (505) 535, Deadlift: (475) 500, Bench: (325) 350 Total: 1305 (1385)
    BW: 225 as of 02/01/2011 Goal: 205 by May 1, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tnathletics2b View Post
    Good luck...I have always found it better to have a regimented program than doing "focusing on how the muscle feels and not sets or reps."
    ive tried doing saying to myself im going to lift this thing this many times in the past but its either been too easy to achieve that goal or i get frustrated with not being able to do what i set out to do when i get to the gym so im giving this a go.

ive tried doing saying to myself im going to lift this thing this many times in the past but its either been too easy to achieve that goal or i get frustrated with not being able to do what i set out to do when i get to the gym so im giving this a go.
    I see what you are saying. However, I would try a plan like Starting Strength or 5/3/1 since your goal is to build strength- that works off of percentages of your maxes. I did 5/3/1 for 3 cycles and let me tell you, I never had a day in the gym where it was too easy to achieve my goal.

The good thing about having a regimented program is you can see your progress week after week and can keep track of goals.

Plus, IMHO, you will get burned out quick going to failure everytime you go to the gym.

But, like I said originally, good luck! It is your plan, keep us posted on your progress in your journal.
    Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?

Guerrilla Journalist Steve Colescott's Avatar
    I must echo the eminent sage tnathletics2b. Going to the gym without a game plan just doesn't seem like the best strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Colescott View Post
    I must echo the eminent sage tnathletics2b.
    Haha hardly

Banned
    and i will be drinking water constantly during the day between 4-7 liters a day and seeing as the body is approximately 80% water it would be good to keep fluids up.
    Isn't this a bit overboard? People way overstate the water issue. It's important, sure, but it's not a case of more is better. If you're not a manual labourer or running 5 miles every morning you probably don't need 7 litres day.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    Isn't this a bit overboard? People way overstate the water issue. It's important, sure, but it's not a case of more is better. If you're not a manual labourer or running 5 miles every morning you probably don't need 7 litres day.
    That and too much water can screw up your electrolyte balance...

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    4 liters is just over a gallon which is the standard anyways. I agree though that pushing close to two gallons is overkill.

i am a manual laborer currently on a labor intensive work site. and i do ride my bicycle to and from work.