Thread: is it possible for me to lose 2lbs of pure fat per week on a ckd?

is it possible for me to lose 2lbs of pure fat per week on a ckd?

Say I do everything perfectly, and I use Creatine, ALA, fiber, multi, C, E and calcium, along with xenadrine. Would it be possible for me to lose 2 lbs of fat per week and only lose a neglible amount of muscle in the process? What are the chances I could do this (im not doing cardio BTW, im going to let the diet take care of the fat loss so i wont lose muscle)? ANd If I would be able to pull it off, how early in the week would I have to hit ketosis? I carb up on sat and sun.
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

Ecoli die
    How much fat do you have to start with? If you're say 25% bodyfat, you can easily lose 2lb a week (without much lean loss) with just diet and no supplementation. I'm not sure but I think creatine will slow fat loss though.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Re: is it possible for me to lose 2lbs of pure fat per week on a ckd?

Originally posted by the_hall
    Say I do everything perfectly, and I use Creatine, ALA, fiber, multi, C, E and calcium, along with xenadrine. Would it be possible for me to lose 2 lbs of fat per week and only lose a neglible amount of muscle in the process? What are the chances I could do this (im not doing cardio BTW, im going to let the diet take care of the fat loss so i wont lose muscle)? ANd If I would be able to pull it off, how early in the week would I have to hit ketosis? I carb up on sat and sun.
    Incredibly unlikely IMO. Unless you are significantly overweight, losing weight at this pace will lead to a fair amount of muscle loss; I'd guess maybe 50:50 from my experience(In this case, my own experience may be misleading me here.) I've seen some claim results similar to those you've listed, but I have doubts about the veracity of the claims. Personally, I'd shoot for about 1lb per week MAX.

But let's hear from some other people...

I can't find calipers anywhere, i have searched timmonium/towson and cant find them. I can't order stuff online. I used some online estimation thing where i put in my weight and waist and it said I was 20% at 200lbs. I carry most of my fat on my waist though, so im not sure how accurate it is.

How will creatine slow fat loss, i havent heard this?

Originally posted by the_hall

How will creatine slow fat loss, i havent heard this?
    No.

Ecoli die
    I've been reading up on the chemical actions of creatine and creatinephosphate in the body and how it reacts to ADP and it seems to me that it would inhibit the body's need to burn fat.

Note I'm only looking at the chemical reactions, I don't know if it DOES inhibit fat loss or not. I've posted in the supplement boards and nobody responded. Oh well.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

I think it's possible. Your Bf has to be higher than 11% otherwise I would suspect some muscle would be stripped away as well.

In my experience I lost 2 pounds a week for the first 2-3 weeks.
    Then it plateaued at about .5 pounds. I never really tweaked my diet or exercise so who knows what could have happened.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

From personal experience I can tell you that creatine slowed fat loss in my body. Actually, I gained weight using creatine while on xenadrine and following the same diet I was losing weight with. It might just be that my body responds well (or not so well) to creatine, but I myself wouldn't use it while dieting ever again.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

I just had 3 scoops of nlarge after my 2.5 hr depletion workout, i think i am going to die. i prefer being in ketosis, it was much more fun than this. i dont look forward to eating carbs all night and all day tommorow. i hate carb ups.

after reading this thread, i might just take creatine during my carb ups. the only reason people take it during the week is so they wont look flat, right?