The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

should i continue bulking or cut?

ok ive bulked 145- to 185. im 5'8. do you guys think i should continue bulking or start on cutting?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well what do you want to do? Gain more weight or cut down. Not really sure about your goals. If you post them imo you will have answered your own question?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

id like to get to 200 lbs without being a slob either

my main concerns are getting my squat/bp/dl numbers to 3/4/5.

i can probly clean my diet up a bit and do a slow bulk. i posted this same thread on bb.com and everyone said i gained to much fat but i guess they think if you cant see your abs youre fat. Im fine with the way i am i just wanted some opinions
    Last edited by tcooper; 06-30-2010 at 01:03 PM.

No matter what your goal is, it's going to take lots of time and hard work. Consistency is key.

If your main goal is 300/400/500, I'd say gain weight.

If physique is your main goal, then focus on diet and cardio along with the heavy weight training.

No matter what though, expect to put in a good 5 years or so before you start to notice SERIOUS results (like you look and feel like you are actually a weight lifter).
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

thanks man,

yeah ive been lifting for about 16 months or so

my bench PR is 235
    squat 365
    dead 425

when i started my bench max was around 145 lol.

so ive came along way from when i first started. I was one of those (super skinny) guys

Nice! You have definately came a long way then. You have very good lifts too for your weight, and only 16 months of training.

Personally, if it was me I'd continue gaining weight and trying to hit your 300/400/500 goal, then do one serious cut.

I was always a firm believer in an extremely long period of bulking for strength and muscle building purposes, then one cut to reveal all the muscle you built. You will most likely lose strength though if you do end up cutting down to single digit bf numbers...something to keep in mind.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Nice! You have definately came a long way then. You have very good lifts too for your weight, and only 16 months of training.

Personally, if it was me I'd continue gaining weight and trying to hit your 300/400/500 goal, then do one serious cut.

I was always a firm believer in an extremely long period of bulking for strength and muscle building purposes, then one cut to reveal all the muscle you built. You will most likely lose strength though if you do end up cutting down to single digit bf numbers...something to keep in mind.
    I agree man...no point in bulking for some period then cutting for some period unless you are already advanced. I say get to your desired strength levels and then go from there. Also, you don't have to keep bulking at an insane rate to get strength either. I have put on considerable strength at maintenance calories only and have only gained 2 pounds in 4 months. Right now I have a back injury so bulking is pointless for me. Once I get out of it I will go from 230-240 and then once again maintain that for the next 6 months-year. What happens is that your body starts to re comp and you will look gradually look better as time goes on. When you do a drastic cut, you also take a drastic strength loss unless you are really experienced at it.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 06-30-2010 at 02:39 PM.