Thread: Deadlift and squat

Wannabebig New Member

Deadlift and squat

Hi,

I am lifting weights on a semi powerlifting aspect, so I have focused mainly on benching, squatting and deadlifting. Now it is time to cut some weight of and improve bodycomposition. While doing that I still would like to have my focus on powerlifting exercises.

I'd like to test if HCT-12 could help me improve my body composition, but every HCT-12 routine seems to have calf and hip dominant movements on a same day. DL and squat are far too heavy movements for me to do them withing same workout so can I split it somehow? I would like to squat and deadlift every week but is it possible to use this program to have progress in both movements at the same time?

Or should I be looking to another program?

Your thoughts on this matter are appreciated!

You could do the 4-day routine (A-B-A-B), that has two lower body days. You could make one of them a squat focus and the other one a dead-lift focus.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I do just what OffRoad says. It's too much for me to tackle both as hard as I can. I'm still adding weight to the bar on both lifts so its working for me.

How much weight are you using for squat and deads?

I'm squatting about 270 for reps and deading about 315 and I still have no problem doing both exercises back to back and on the same day twice a week. I did do rack deads one day just because my legs actually did feel toasted after a new PR on squats but so far I've been doing HCT for awhile now and have made a lot of PRs on squats and deads since starting it.

Maybe just try it and give it a chance? Or I thought about doing A-B-A-B and doing Squat/Rack dead, then the next time do like front squat/deadlift. I figured I'd try squat/dead first and see how it was though, and It's been great so far so I haven't needed to change anything up