The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Update on my cut

Hey guys,

i just wanted to give u guys an update on how im doing since i last posted asking for help with dieting.

things are going good, i dropped the stupid carb cycling and have just been eating cleaner, monitoring my calories on fitday. im just keeping carbs under 100g a day, and protien over 200, thats basically it. so far, if you count my weight before my contest in the end of march, i was 258 pounds with around a 41 waist. so far im down to 240 lbs in the AM with a 39.5 inch waist. im pretty happy, i dont see much definition at all but im not really after that, i feel a ton better too. strength is maintaining or going up slightly. the real only negative is no one really has noticed lol but as long as i can thats all that matters.

im pretty suprised that im losing only 1-2 lbs a week on 2000-2600 cals a day with a bit more on the weekends, i thought it would be too low but i guess i was wrong. i do work an office job but i do alot of walking and my workouts are brutal. weekends i tend to treat myself a bit to a cold beer or some dessert, but hey, we need to live life too.

anyways, onward to 230! and hopefully keep my strength for my next meet in october to smash the 220 junior amature bench record in the IPA.

-Rob
    2000 or bust

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Sounds like you got things going good brother. Your mindset of taking it gradual and staying in it for the long haul is excellent.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

thanks man, its getting tough i wont lie, this week i was pretty bad and over the weekend too. i didnt lose anything, but my waist was down another half inch, how i dont know. im really going to try to stay strict during the week maybe even a little lower cals this way i can treat myself and not hurt my progress on the weekend.
    2000 or bust

I wouldn't worry too much about people noticing big fella, at the size you are and with the perception most people have of you in their eyes (big thick dude), it's going to take more then 18lbs :P.

Good work on having the smarts/guts to cut, I see a whole bunch of powerlifters get caught up in the "I MUST EAT EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME" mindset and I personally don't believe it's the best way to be.

Best of luck in continuing your cut.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    thanks man, its getting tough i wont lie, this week i was pretty bad and over the weekend too. i didnt lose anything, but my waist was down another half inch, how i dont know. im really going to try to stay strict during the week maybe even a little lower cals this way i can treat myself and not hurt my progress on the weekend.
    You're looking at it backwards. Don't eat less during the week because you fear you'll eat more on the weekend. Eat normal dieting cals during the week and you won't go as over the top when you do deviate. The correlation between overdieting (even slightly) and cheating-bingeing is direct. Eat your slow gradual diet, accept that slip ups happen, and just continue on your way after them. Don't starve yourself in redemption from one or in preparation for one. Ever.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

B - i might of mis-explained that. i just meant i need to take off another 150-200 cals a day since i didnt lose anything last week due to a few to many calories all around, not only on the cheat meals. i hear you on eating little to cheat more, i tend to go that route often simply because i enjoy eating so much. i must say using fitday has helped me tremendously. im glad i manned up and stopped being lazy. yesterdays marcos (hard DE squat day) were 80 g fat, 110 g carbs, and around 230 g protien. not bad i guess.

tom - i hear u man, 18 lbs isnt much when i was a bloated 258 in march haha

4th of july will be a major cheat day, and i will enjoy it too.
    2000 or bust