Thread: How do you eat egg whites?

How do you eat egg whites?

This is a serious question, how do you eat only the egg whites. Do you cook them like eggs and just eat? Drink it raw? What do you do?
    Height: 5'11.5"
    Weight: 170 pounds, 3:30 p.m. on 4/13/10

i dry mine in the sun and then blend them into a powder, mix the powder with 100 proof whiskey and inject them directly into my blood.

i actually i hard boil my eggs and eat them that way. its the quickest simplest way for me. just hard boil 20 eggs and im good for 4 days.
    Last edited by gmen5681; 07-11-2010 at 03:12 PM.

If you really need only the whites, hard boiling is the easiest way to deal with that. If you don't mind separating them, they scramble like whole eggs but have way less flavor.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    In my some fitness magazine my girlfriend bought there was a pizza recipe that used egg whites as the crust, haven't it, but it looks interesting.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

depends on how you wanna cook them. i used to make scrambled eggs with egg whites, in which i crack the egg and poor into a bowl and just use a spoon to take out the yolk. just try to keep the yolk from breaking while you take it out otherwise its a pain
    Last edited by soclydeza; 07-11-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

Banned
    I've heard of guys buying cartons of pasteurised egg whites, mixing it with a little full-fat milk and then drinking it. It's supposed to be like drinking cream.

Or you could just eat the whole egg. Throwing away the yolk seems like such a waste.

I never consume egg whites, unless it is part of eating a whole egg in a recipe. (scrambled egg, ommeellette etc)

I have a hard enough job sticking to a clean diet as it is without making my job harder and consuming lots of horrible egg whites. I'd rather use a protein shake to bump up the protein grams in a clean way.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

scrambled.....crack the shell, drop the egg in the pan, scoop up the yolk w/ the shell halves & then strain any extra yolk off in the shell.....
    6'0"--198# USAPL / IPF powerlifter
    ~~~ RAW Nationals July 15-17, 2010 in CO ~~~~

RAW Squat: 556
    RAW Bench: 390
    RAW Deadlift: 601

I cook them with my eggs. Plop 5 eggs in the pan and add an extra few whites along with. Just cooks like really really big eggs.

Also for reasons that are completely unknown to me I tend to add an egg white worth to ground beef when I cook it. Just something I do.
    Best unequipped meet lifts - 120kg Open class
    Sq: 629lbs
    Bp: 330lbs
    Dl: 585lbs
    Training since Dec 2008.

I just pour half a box of whites into a pan with two eggs.

Wannabebig New Member
    Separate the whites from the yolks by cracking the shell on the edge of the countertop and then split the shell in two pieces. Gently. Then pour the contents of the broken egg from one half of the shell into the other, allowing the white to drain off into the frying pan, while keeping the yolk in the shell. It takes a little practice, but you'll be able to do it in no time. Get your Mom to show you how, or do a Google search for pictures. Here's one website that shows the process: http://www.wikihow.com/Separate-an-Egg

After putting 5 or 6 whites in the frying pan, cut up some jalapeno peppers and some green peppers and mix them in with the whites. Then add a slice of no-fat (or low fat if you can't take the no-fat) cheese. A little salt and some pepper and you're ready to cook. As the egg whites cook the water in them evaporates. Keep turning and chopping the mixture as it cooks so that it doesn't scorch. I like to cook them until they are fairly dried out, as the wetter ones don't appeal to my taste buds.

Eat with one piece of whole wheat toast with imitation spray butter on it, and some skim milk and you've got a pretty tasty breakfast.

You can experiment with other things to add that don't add useless calories. Some folks like to add some cut up onions to the mix or other spices.

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pecosbill View Post
    After putting 5 or 6 whites in the frying pan, cut up some jalapeno peppers and some green peppers and mix them in with the whites. Then add a slice of no-fat (or low fat if you can't take the no-fat) cheese. A little salt and some pepper and you're ready to cook. As the egg whites cook the water in them evaporates. Keep turning and chopping the mixture as it cooks so that it doesn't scorch. I like to cook them until they are fairly dried out, as the wetter ones don't appeal to my taste buds.

Eat with one piece of whole wheat toast with imitation spray butter on it, and some skim milk and you've got a pretty tasty breakfast.

You can experiment with other things to add that don't add useless calories. Some folks like to add some cut up onions to the mix or other spices.
    That doesn't sound very tasty at all lol. But probably good for a cutting diet.
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasman UK View Post
    That doesn't sound very tasty at all lol. But probably good for a cutting diet.
    I agree. I'm sure it's delicious if you're used to eating cardboard and styrofoam but as a cutting meal it's probably second to none.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Banned
    I'd like to make that recipe with whole eggs, real cheese and real butter. Then wash it down with whole milk. That would be quite tasty. I've made similar things before and it's super good. Non-fat cheese sounds really suspicious, isn't that like an oxymoron?

Hmm, lots of different ways then, thanks guys
    Height: 5'11.5"
    Weight: 170 pounds, 3:30 p.m. on 4/13/10

I buy them in the carton. After that I just nuke them

Sometimes with just salt pepper. Sometimes with chopped red onions and or jalapenos mixed in. Sometimes with reduced sugar ketchup. Sometimes with a slice of kraft fat free cheese melted on top. Sometimes any combinations of the above! Just ate some actually, mmmm!

Tip for when microwaving them. Don't do so in a plastic bowl or container. Always use hard dishes as they can be pretty difficult to clean off, but cleaning them off of plastic is the worst. I usually let my bowl soak for a while before even bothering to wash it.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 07-17-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54