Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Is My Journal

Starting Weight: 280lbs. Will see about posting starting pics.

Breakfast- the wife drank a little opticen and I drank the rest of a serving. Couples with 4 scrambled eggs, this was it.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Meal 1- 2 scoops opticen, 1 serving creatine and 20 oz skim milk. Also 1 cup cottage cheese, fat free.
    Meal 2- later on today will have an orange. Then will come home for lunch.

Yesterday had too few carbs. I need to make sure I'm not lowering my macros too fast.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Diet is spot on, I feel great and just a little hungry.

Deadlift

135x5
    225x3
    315x3
    405x1
    475x1
    515x1
    545 came so close! Stood up and my right hand was fine, nearly locked out, when my left hand just gave way. Just couldn't maintain my left hand's grip. Did a half drop/set down of the bar. Since my right side was almost locked out, I have a real nice bruise above my right knee. No injury was sustained at all. Feels great. Just a hair more gripping power would have yielded a pr!

BB Shrug

225x8
    315x5
    315x5 Grip completely done by this point.

Long story short, in my gym you literally cannot do incline bench. You can only use the Smith machine.

Smith Incline Bench

135x10
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5

Done. Cutting volume for restricted calories.

My Exploits

Solid workout man, good luck with your diet.

Ok, a couple of starting out pics. Will get some wheels and no shirt pics up later into my progression. Just a couple of random ones to give everybody an idea of where I started. I have been back to training for about 1 1/2 months after an almost 2 year layoff.

Weight: 280
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Exploits

Side note, I am 5' 9".

My Exploits

Elliptical

2 minutes level 1, 8 minutes level 15, 5 minutes level 5

Ab Crunch Machine

50x20
    50x20
    50x20
    100x10

Nothing real special, just powered up the metabolism and got some ab work in.

My Exploits

On a caloric deficit, tired, and THIS happened....

Squat

135x5
    225x3
    315x1
    405x1
    475x1
    505x1 (PR BY 40 LBS!!!) I AM ELATED!

Bench

135x5
    225x3
    275x1
    315x1 Haven't benched over 275x3 since I started back. Was really wondering when my bench was going to approach being par again.
    335x1 Willed myself to do this. I am VERY happy with today's session. Old bench pr was 405. Long way to go but at least I'm in it's zip code again.

DB Front Raises

25'sx15
    25'sx15
    25'sx15

Didn't want to push the time my body was in a catabolic state and do more volume, so called it a day. Opticen shake, then dinner in a while. GOOD DAY!

My Exploits

Excellent squats and benching Nick..

Thanks big guy!

GENERAL UDPATE

NO doms at all this morning. I'm a little surprised. I must be doing this diet thing right and my body adjusted quickly to heavy weights again. Since I'm really happy with how fast I've gotten back to my old strength (in some cases, improved) and it's been 1 1/2 month or a little more of heavy triples and singles, AND I'm on a nice caloric deficit, I'm going to do at least a week of deload, then start back with a nice moderate intensity routine with sets of 5 or so for main compound movements.

I will still be going heavy with those lifts and my new routine, but going heavy with sets of 5 and going heavy with triples and singles has a big difference on the CNS, which is what I'm mindful of preserving on a caloric deficit. Will weight myself at the end of this week.

On the weight note, my goal is still 250 at this time. 30lb loss goal. It may be adjusted to conform to certain unforseen variables in the coming couple of months. Timeline is 2 1/2 to 3 months to achieve this.

Creatine. I love the stuff. I may be drawing back a bit on the dosage as of now, because I may be having a hard time keeping hydrated. I think the cramping or whatever is happening to my right tricep had to do with dehydration to an extent and it did happen a bit on my 2nd set of bench yesterday, but obviously wasn't crippling. I listened to my body and made it happen because I believed it safe to go for the 335. But I have really had to be careful stretching in the morning to avoid a sudden and powerful cramp in either my chest or side. That's why I'll be halving my dosage (which wasn't HUGE in the first place). I am drinking about a gallon of water per day. Just must not be enough.

Today I am 100%, injury free, and really looking forward to these next couple of months. Will weigh-in on saturday morning!
    Last edited by SW; 08-04-2010 at 10:12 AM.

My Exploits

Showing great resilience with it all man, glad to see you making these strides again.

WEIGHT UPDATE: Forgot to weigh myself this morning but did so after my morning shift at work. 274! WOW! I've been cutting for 6 days I think and, if you factor in My morning weight vs afternoon weight difference, I was likely 272 morning! I knew I'd lose plenty and fast the first couple of weeks but this is just so unexpectedly awesome!

It's also right on the edge of too fast, as I really don't want to endanger my size at any more than I need to. Progress pics at the end of the month and Saturday weigh-ins!

Oh and to celebrate I had my first regular pop in 3 weeks today

My Exploits

Zercher Squat

115x5
    205x7
    205x7
    205x7

Smith Bench (didn't have a spotter today)

135x10
    225x7
    225x7
    225x7

DB Hammer Curls

40'sx10
    40'sx10
    40'sx10

Seated Leg Press

315x10
    390x10
    390x10 390 is the whole stack. What a joke. Still felt as though I was going to puke by then end. Leg press in any form is brutal on the stomach.

My Exploits

Fine session dude, definitely on the right track to reach 250, may even pass that mark at this rate.

Thanks for the ever present support Coke! I appreciate it.

Fit back into a pair of jeans I wore a couple of years ago. Definitely on the right track. Don't know if I mentioned it but this is a sort of deload week in which I just kind of take it easy in the sense of not taxing my CNS.

I am going to stop using creatine for a little while at least. Also I am discontinuing pop drinking of any kind. I have been having a couple of diet pops daily but that is going to stop now.

Still taking fish oil, 4-5 caplets/day. Also still using Nitrean.

My Exploits