The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Replacing Milk with Yogurt.. Lactose Intolerant. Is too much yogurt bad?

I consume about 4 cups (32 fl oz) of milk every day (2 protein shakes). I am lactose intolerant (I can only handle small amounts of Lactose), so I have to use Lactaid Milk (Lactose removed milk). It is getting kind of pricey as Lactaid costs almost 3 times as much as regular 2% milk.

I have a yogurt maker at home and it makes yogurt in less than 8 hours! If you're not aware, the bacteria uses Lactose in the milk as energy to make yogurt. So, in a way yogurt has little or no lactose and I am assuming that will take care of my Lactose Intolerance.

I was wondering if instead of using 4 cups of lactaid milk every day, can I use 4 cups of yogurt? Simply, I won't be consuning milk anymore, but I will instead use yogurt.

My first concern is if 4 cups of yogurt (32 fl oz per day) will put any stress on my digestive system compared to 4 cups of Lactaid milk. Second, I want to know if I am sacrificing any nutrition or vitamins? Is yogurt missing anything that the milk form offers?
    Last edited by rag15; 07-13-2010 at 11:40 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You might want to look into getting the pills instead of Lactaid milk. It's more cost-effective.

As for your questions, this page might help answer some of your inquiry: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t045700.asp

A more clinical citation can be found here: http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/42/6/1197

I too am mildly lactose-intolerant. I've tried various solutions, ranging from half-gallon Lactaid containers twice a week; Lactaid pills; using a shake of dry milk powder, Lactaid milk, and yogurt and consuming quantities of cottage cheese. These days I just drink milk and let the ivory throne deal with the rest.
    Last edited by Focused70; 07-13-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I've tried the pills, but they don't do anything for me. Only thing that seem to work is Lactaid milk, but its getting pricey.

Co-incidentally, I was looking at the same article (1st one) before your post. Looks like Yogurt is a great substitute for regular milk. I've decided to give it a shot for few months and see what happens..