Thread: Another Program to Alternate with Once HCT-12 Stalls?

Wannabebig Member

Another Program to Alternate with Once HCT-12 Stalls?

Ive been on the HCT-12 program for about 8 wks now, and most of my lifts have stalled. So i was wondering who else has tried the other sample programs they have on the site? I did the 1.1 one for about 12 wks then i switched over to HCT-12 and saw good gains. Im not really trying to come up with my own right now, id rather go with something thats proven to work

Any good program should have a plan in place for when you stall. I'm assuming HCT-12 is no different. I wouldn't necessarily change programs when you stall. I would recommend a reset on the HCT-12 program before moving on to something else.

There isn't any reset on HCT-12, and there really isn't a progression scheme. It simply involves auto-regulation. When you stall, you stick with that weight until you feel ready for a new PR.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    ^^Yea i noticed that. Like i do DB shoulder presses and i stayed at 70 lbs for like 2 wks, then it finally went up to 75. But sometimes i can get 75 and sometimes i cant. And the same thing happened with my squat numbers. I think the question is answered now, im just gonna use that german volume training for like 8 wks then switch back to this program

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    ^^Yea i noticed that. Like i do DB shoulder presses and i stayed at 70 lbs for like 2 wks,
    The problem may be your diet. Are you eating enough? Perhaps your not drinking enough water and your dehydrated?

The good thing about HCT-12 is it gives you plenty of options - splits, exercises and it also allows for you to auto-regulate if you're feeling flat. That combined with the deloads, I see no reason why you couldn;t do HCT-12 forever
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Yea i noticed that. Like i do DB shoulder presses and i stayed at 70 lbs for like 2 wks, then it finally went up to 75. But sometimes i can get 75 and sometimes i cant. And the same thing happened with my squat numbers.
    You answered your own question. You hit a PR, then fail to hit it again consistently and progress further - this points towards diet and rest; are they both adequate, are you currently trying to lose weight?
    Progress will happen provided your diet is supporting your efforts and your rest is adequate. It isn't the program, you'll hit exactly the same thing on any other program if you don't feed the body the raw materials and rest appropriately.

Also did you do the deload weeks as instructed? Are you avoiding failure?

Also look at JC's thread in the HCT-12 journals. He's been desperate to improve his pressing and it's been a long time coming, but he's finally got there because he's been patient and eaten to support his goals. Read his ups and downs ove rthe last couple months and you'll see a familiar story.
    Last edited by Daniel Roberts; 07-15-2010 at 03:24 AM.