Thread: Refeed after weigh ins?

Refeed after weigh ins?

What do you guys eat besides the standard gatorade/water? Also, do you take immodium? If so, how many and when?

Thanks.
    My Log: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132038

"Train to be a mother****er" -Jim Wendler

Wannabebig Member
    Are you concerned (legitimately) about defecating on the platform? Or are you doing it to slow the digestive process? I've HAD to use immodium for a meet before. Take it as directed.

Peanuts, protein bars, crackers, granola. Things that are bland, a small quantity of food, but packed with carbs/protein. My priority really is to avoid anything with spice and medium/large quantities of food.

After weigh-in's I will drink some Gatorade but as far as food goes, I pretty much eat whatever I want. My last meal of the night, I will always go eat at an Olive Garden or somewhere similar. I won't eat to make myself sick, but whatever I have lost to make weight I always try to put back on or close to it.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Definitely take immodium. I got that tip from Luyando, that's a good one. Seriously, don't overthink it. Just stay away from greasy foods or stuff you that might leave your stomach uneasy. I love to eat, but I can also be a pig so I made a few rules for myself. I could not order more than one meal at a time and I had to wait 15 minutes after I finished a meal before I could order another one. I also carried around lots of half water/half gatorade and bagels with a little cream cheese. I was always eating or drinking. I was lucky to get two iv bags, I don't want to leave that out. However, I put down more than 3 gallons of fluid and ate enough to feed a small village. I put on 25 .lbs. in 24 hours. I used to think it was a science. It's not. Just eat and drink.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 07-15-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Wannabebig Member
    What's the deal with the Immodium? I never knew people were strategically taking it. What's the logic?
    Last edited by akick; 07-15-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akick View Post
    What's the deal with the Immodium? I never knew people were strategically taking it. What's the logic?
    Not to be an ass, but what do you think its for? Its so you don't get the runs. You should be eating and drinking more than you normally do, therefore it might not sit well with your body. Immodium will take care of things if your body does decide to get the runs.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    Fair enough. I was approaching the question from my own experience, which is that I generally don't get an upset stomach from the amount of food but just with spice. The last time I had to take immodium before a meet it was because I had food poisoning.

Anyway, what I was really thinking in the back of my head was a bit of a stretch I guess: I know immodium works because it slows your digestive system down and thus keeps you from passing food as quickly if you have an aggravated system. I didn't know if slowing digestion helped prolong the energy you got from the food you ate for the given calories. Make sense? I suppose I was reaching a bit, but the thought dawned on me when the OP asked the question, and then when others said they always take it, I didn't know if this was something commonly known that I was missing out on. My bad if it was annoying. I was just over thinking it.
    Last edited by akick; 07-15-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Ok thanks guys. I only have to drop 8lbs at most, so Ill just drink water/gatorade with pasta and meatballs. Do you take the imodium the morning of the meet too, or just before eat?

Quote Originally Posted by ehopkins932 View Post
    Ok thanks guys. I only have to drop 8lbs at most, so Ill just drink water/gatorade with pasta and meatballs. Do you take the imodium the morning of the meet too, or just before eat?
    I use it just straight after weigh in only. I hadn't in the past until a few guys here said I should and it make things a whole lot easier

If you're not losing much then your insides may be fine without. It's only really when using strong laxatives and severe dehydration that people cant tolerate food.

M
    Best lifts @ 226 lbs

Squat - 903
    Bench - 573 / 617 @ 246
    Dead - 727

Best Total - 2204 lbs @ 226 18/07/2010

Pedialyte is better for re-hydration than gatorade or water/gatorade, but it is more expensive. I would recommend drinking one liter of Pedilyte and then you can do 64 oz of 50/50 gatorade/water mix (or powdered gatorade - they are both dextrose now).

In terms of food for a re-feed I have had a lot of different types of food in the past but you generally do want to stick with foods that you normally eat and manage your portions so that you do not eat to the point where you feel sick. Salty foods will help you to gain back weight quickly (peanuts, pringles, etc.) but as with everything make sure to manage the amount of these items so that you are not feeling sick on game day.

As Vincent said it really is quite simple - just rehydrate and re-feed with the food/drink that you would normally consume. Your body is naturally going to want to bounce back from the weight cut.

For the morning of a contest I usually like to eat light and just have some fruit and oatmeal, then drink carbohydrate and protein drinks throughout the day.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Alright guys, I appreciate it. Ill take immodium after I weigh in and pick up some pedialyte.

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    something else to think about ... and this is more for a multi-ply 3-lift lifter..... don't go overboard.

If you normally weigh in around 231 and you cut to 220..... don't show up at 239 because your gear will be too tight....... saw a ton of this at Sr. Nats this year...... you know who you are
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Sushi, helps with the mega bloat :-)
    AtLargeNutrition - Support the company that supports WannaBeBig!

Follow me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ajroberts