Thread: Problem with eating

Wannabebig Member

Problem with eating

I eat. Close to six or seven meals a day, and see very little progress in terms of weight gain and little progress in lifts.
    Sometimes I eat so much I will feel sick for the rest of the day. Anybody have any ideas of how I can put on that last ten pounds before hockey camp?

If weight gain is you primary concern, I'm sorry to say but you are going to have to eat more calories...that's the only way to do it. Calorie dense foods would be the easiest way to do that. Peanut butter is a very good tasting, calorie dense food.

Peanut butter sandwiches
    Protien shakes w/peanut butter added

Add a scoop or two of peanut butter to every meal, and you'll gain weight.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

What are you currently eating? We can give you lots of ideas for adding calories once we've established what you eat.

Actually, I know this goes against alot of what you hear... But eating frequent meals leads to sped up metabolism, correct?

Eat three larger meals and see what happens with perhaps a snack...

But of course... calorie intake is the ultimate resource for gaining mass.
    "Don’t fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

ive personally always found it easier to eat 4 big meals a day, I always feel bloated and full when I have 6 or 7 but I guess its just personel preference.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else."

yes eating 5-8 meals a day speeds up the metabolism, but if you are eating in a caloric surplus you should be gaining weight regardless. try drinking a gallon a milk a day. or after every meal have a MRP shake. drinking a gallon of milk a day would be your best bet. add chocolate for even more calories. what do your meals look like now?

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah seems like my metabolism has always been faster then almost anyone I know. Well Ill go through yesterday and tell you what I ate.
    Woke up 9:00
    2.5 g creatine
    bowl of vector
    two pieces of toast
    Peach

10:00
    Worked out

11:30
    Quickmass shake
    2.5 g creatine
    Couple bananas

2:00
    six egg omelette with ham and cheese

5:00
    Leftover chicken stirfry

8:00
    Steaks with whole wheat pasta

Before bed
    almonds and dried apricots

With every meal I usually have a couple glasses of milk and a glass of water

The only problem with peanut butter is the smell usually makes me sick to my stomach. I have stomached it a few times in need of more protein with nothing else availible.

Wannabebig Member
    Your first two 'meals' and the last one don't look very good. Get a better breakfast.

Go into the gym, do loads of squatting, maybe 15 sets of 5 or 10 sets of 10, then come back and tell me how hungry you felt afterwards. See if that boosts your appetite.

Squat + eat = grow.

thats really not as much food as it sounds like. and the reason you feel like **** after you eat is it could be the milk. maybe you are lactose intolerant. try getting lactose free milk and see how you feel. you need to eat more calorie dense food, fruit is awesome i eat a ton of it too, but its not exactly going to put a lot of mass on you. try adding some oatmeal made with milk and put a couple bananas and a couple scoops of protein in it. i use chocolate nitrean and it taste awesome. also you can add some olive oil to your shakes for the added calories. you could also try the BAKO shake thats in the recipe section, if you think you can handle it, lol

How are your lifts doing? Dont let the scale alone dictate your progress.

If you really need the poundage, I agree with some of the above posters. Fewer, larger meals and calorie dense foods. Im not a big fan of weight gainer shakes in general (I love to eat FOOD.), but maybe a quality mass gainer shake like Maximus would help.
    - Slave & Master At The Same Damn Time -
    Hoping To Compete Natty Early 2011

...or better yet, make it exciting so it helps you eat more without thinking about it. Challenge yourself to come up with some great protein bar recipes. Try a new one every couple of days by using stuff like oats, pb, whey, honey, etc. Its like making candy bars.
    - Slave & Master At The Same Damn Time -
    Hoping To Compete Natty Early 2011

Wannabebig Member
    Okay thanks guys ill try eating a few less meals, just large in quantity..
    I dont think its the milk, Ive ate dairy my entire life and have never faced any problems.
    Lifts havent been progressing has much as Id like them to be, so im debating changing things up and going to HCT 12

Wannabebig Member
    No don't eat less meals eat more, your only eating three meals a day and thos don't even look big. Try eating 6 actual meals and maybe add an extra one in right before you go to bed.

Dallen,

I would say you simply need to eat more and to also be more detailed abou tracking how much you are eating and what the macro split is (protein/carb/fat)

The good thing about HCT-12 is it covers all spectrums (lifting, eating and supplementing) so you know you have your bases covered, give it a go.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Dallen,

I would say you simply need to eat more and to also be more detailed abou tracking how much you are eating and what the macro split is (protein/carb/fat)

The good thing about HCT-12 is it covers all spectrums (lifting, eating and supplementing) so you know you have your bases covered, give it a go.

Okay sounds good Daniel.
    Ill look more into the different parts of HCT 12, study it, and give it a go.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Bako Shake.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

If you are trying to get ****ing huge with disregard towards body composition, eat everything you can see. Lasagnas, cake, ice cream ,brownies, steaks, baked potatoes, whole milk, double bacon cheeseburgers.

If however, you are trying to gain only lean mass, expecting quick gains is unreasonable. You have to eat at a slight maintenance while sticking to a solid program, while making gains slowly overtime to avoid body fat.

IMO, It's a little bit of an oxymoron to try to eat 'clean' while trying to put on as much mass as possible.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Bako Shake.
    ^^ I was thinking the same thing. ^^
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." ~ C.S. Lewis

Wannabebig Member
    Im going to try this Bako Shake.

Wannabebig Member
    I starved myself for 24 hours and next thing I know I started to eating like a horse.

Banned
    Shakes and milk is the only way I can gain weight. I hate eating and I only do it because its necessary in order to live.