The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

need help with cardio on the hct-12 routine

hi, ill be starting the hct-12 routine on monday ill be doing the 4 day split but i was wondering what would be the best type of cardio to do on this routine ? would the treadmill be ok? our some road work r somethng ? i was going to do the cardio a least 2 days a week on my off days ill be eating aout 3,000 cals a day but dont want to but on to much fat around my stomch im about 20% body fat as it is, or would i be eating to much cals as it is?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

First, I'd recomend re-reading the nutrition article that is attached to the routine. For more information, you could read the full nutrition article by Daniel in the articles section. This should explain better than any of us could how you can manipulate the calories to lose the bodyfat while gaining the muscle. Your nutrition will play a bigger role in body proportions than added cardio.

With that being said, I think some conditioning exercise is a great benefit. Since you are new to this routine, I would suggest ONE day of additional cardio per week. See how you recover from the additional work, if everything is going fine after a few weeks, then you can add in another day of conditioning. Just keep tabs on your recovery and progress, and add extras in slowly in order to keep on top of any changes that might occur.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    First, I'd recomend re-reading the nutrition article that is attached to the routine. For more information, you could read the full nutrition article by Daniel in the articles section. This should explain better than any of us could how you can manipulate the calories to lose the bodyfat while gaining the muscle. Your nutrition will play a bigger role in body proportions than added cardio.

With that being said, I think some conditioning exercise is a great benefit. Since you are new to this routine, I would suggest ONE day of additional cardio per week. See how you recover from the additional work, if everything is going fine after a few weeks, then you can add in another day of conditioning. Just keep tabs on your recovery and progress, and add extras in slowly in order to keep on top of any changes that might occur.
    thanks for your help off road you no your stuff, ponting me in the right road

I would definetly try kettle bell snatches for 2 minutes they are really tough and you burn a ton of calories you can do these with a few other variations and there is your cardio. Good Luck!!!
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Quote Originally Posted by Parker 1995 View Post
    I would definetly try kettle bell snatches for 2 minutes they are really tough and you burn a ton of calories you can do these with a few other variations and there is your cardio. Good Luck!!!
    they dont have any kettle bells in my gym but i meit be buying some to use at home wont be doing cardio for at least another week still getting the feel of this program, thanks for the info do
    Last edited by jds 82; 08-06-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jds 82 View Post
    they dont have any kettle bells in my gym but i meit be buying some to use at home wont be doing cardio for at least another week still getting the feel of this program, thanks for the info do
    Yeah no problem if you dont have kettle bells you can use a dumbell but its much tougher dont go more than 30 pounds trust me good luck!
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2