The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopipally View Post
    I hope this wasn't directed at me. The pointers I listed I think will help her for the time being in order to get on the right track. Even if they are baby steps.
    Not at all. It was geared to so called gurus that are just trying to sell their services making false promises.

Wannabebig Member
    Thank you for your help. I will do the changes and hopefully I can get on a right track eventually. Reason why I am in this stage is that my metabolism slow down when I was age 16. Back then I didn't know what to do but cut my calories off. Nowadays I think I got the hypothyroidism already back then but doctors did not found it. This has been only way until now to me how I can keep my body in some shape. In my home country 130lb is a normal weight for 6,3 feet tall person and that weight is also in that range (range is 108lb-138lb) what my doctor recommend to me. I know that if you have lot of muscle then that range is not right and my doctor knows it also. But since I don't yet have muscles (my calories has been to low) that is right range for now (I believe my doctor).

I just run into this metabolic damage 2 days ago and I realize that there is a possibility for me to increase my calories and eat normal amount of food. I have been thinking before that it is not possible to eat that much because I have the disease. Now I know that is not true. My doctor do not give any advise me from foods and amounts that I should eat.

I know that to increase my metabolism I have to gain weight and fat. I will try my best.
    Last edited by Doll; 12-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.

I am a bit confused as to how a doctor could say 108-138 lbs is normal for a 6 feet 3 inch (190.5 cm) tall person. A range of 108-138 lbs is a normal BMI for a person that is 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm) tall.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike95763 View Post
    I am a bit confused as to how a doctor could say 108-138 lbs is normal for a 6 feet 3 inch (190.5 cm) tall person. A range of 108-138 lbs is a normal BMI for a person that is 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm) tall.
    Sorry my mistake I use centimeters and I have type it accidentally wrong. I am 5,3 and 160cm.
    Last edited by Doll; 12-13-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doll View Post
    Sorry my mistake I use centimeters and I have type it accidentally wrong. I am 5,3 and 160cm.
    Well this changes a few things.... lol. Your weight is no longer a scary issue then. However, all the advice already said to you still applies.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

Wannabebig Member
    Yes.. I was wondering how big should get then? After all this is a forum called wannabe big.. hahahaha

I bought a Scott Abel's ebook from metabolic damage. Maybe there are some instructions what I can follow.
    Last edited by Doll; 12-14-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doll View Post
    Yes.. I was wondering how big should get then? After all this is a forum called wannabe big.. hahahaha

I bought a Scott Abel's ebook from metabolic damage. Maybe there are some instructions what I can follow.
    In my opinion you shouldn't set a goal for "how big" you should get, rather how long it takes until you can maintain your body weight at a healthy caloric maintenance level.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."