The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Building mass in abdominals

I was playing around recently doing leg lifts.
    I typically start my days with 3 sets of 10-15.
    My technique is w/ my knees parallel to the ground as a start, then raising my knees up as high as possible, then lowering them back to parllel with the ground (so my legs never extend down in the standing position till I'm done with the set)
    anyway, I played around with a 15lb weight between my feet, and it was much harder to lift (obviously)

Which got me thinking if this is even worthwhile, or if there are more efficient ways to build abdominal mass?

I like doing situps on roman chairs while holding onto dual 25lb plates. I find I get a great workout from them, but not as you would imagine.
    The "sitting up" portion is easy, no matter how much weight...the benefit in holding the weight is when your sitting all the way up and start leaning forward and folding your body into a C. The weight pulls you down, forcing you to crunch that much harder. Does that make ANY sense?

Tell me what works for you to get mass please!!!
    As I think I might be way of course with what I'm doing.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    I love adding weight to my ab excercises. That is all that I do. I do weighted swiss ball crunches, weighted leg lifts in the Romain chair, weighted hanging leg and knee lifts weighted oblique twist, etc. (pretty sure you get the point)As you can see that I do weighted ab workout at all times. I think that it works and has improved my mid section very nicely.

AFreakyMutation
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

AFreakyMutation,
    can you describe these exercises to me please!
    swiss ball crunches??
    weighted leg lifts in the Romain chair????
    weighted hanging leg and knee lifts (is this like what I described?)
    weighted oblique twist (I hear this is a very big no-no! and that oblique twists should be done in quantity of 100x3 and not with weight!)