The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thoughts on Overtraining

Over the years I've become weary over what people consider overtraining. Some people swear that any more than 2-3 days of weight-training a week will lead to overtraining. I'm not so sure. I've been following a 5-day split HIT routine for the past couple months, and I don't find that I'm having any problems with workout intensity. Basically, I stick to 8-11 worksets per day. And I split it up like this: two days on, one day off, three days on, one day off.

BTW, I eat about 4000 calories/day and I take glutamine (assists in recovery). I also use an ECA stack to assist in pre-workout energy (2 capsules Dymetradine Xtreme).

Anyone else who uses a 5+ day split, please comment.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I feel that there are many factors that can lead to an overtrained state. These include lack of sleep, lack of adequate nutrition, overtaxing of the nervous system, and overtaxing of the muscles themsevles. The latter is rarely ever the case. So long as you are putting on size and gaining strength, it's very unlikely that you are overtraining. Remember that everyone is different.

Personally, I think that supplimenting with glutamine while bulking is a waste of money. So long as you're getting adequate protein, your body should be able to manufacture its own glutamine.

Overtraining is largely individual, there are many factors involved such genetics, food, sleep, stress levels, outside of the gym work, anabolic steriod use, and to much volume and intensity. Overtraining closely related to not enough recovery and adaptation to the energy systems of the body, cell repair and growth mechanisms, hormonal systems, and the nervous processes. which can lead to either or both local or general overtraining. There are two types of general overtraining-addisonic overtraining, which basicaly is overtraining that effects the parasympathetic and autonomic nervous system. there are usually little early symptoms and signs, and is usually not noticed till performance it deterioting. Basedowic overtraining this overtraining affects predominatly the sympathetic pathways of the autonomic nervous system. This type of overtraining is easy to detect like increased blood pressure, easy to tire, loss of appetite ect.

To prevent overtraining you should try to get enought calories, get plenty of sleep, take more time to relax, reduce outside workload, keep negative stress to a mininmum and well managed, reduce volume and intensity as needed, practice passive and active recovery. AS use also can also prevent overtraining.