The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How do I find a strongman event?

I have lifted for a while now. And next year I want to compete in a strongman competition. I have no idea how to find one though. I live in central Missouri, so somewhere somewhat local would be nice.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Click Here

I don't compete in strongman nor do I live in Missouri but...it was the first thing that came up on google. Search engines are a beautiful thing. Good luck man, try talking to Tom Mutaffis. I know he competes in strongman events.

None of the replies are anything in Missouri...,,, thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSearcher View Post
    None of the replies are anything in Missouri...,,, thanks anyway
    If you are looking for a sanctioned event then keep checking the NAS website I posted. Occassionally there are unsanctioned events posted on marunde-muscle.com forums as well. You may want to google KC Strongman as well. Also, while I'll try not to read any tone in your response, have a better attitude towards people trying to help you. I live in the NYC are and drove 2.5 hrs to my first SM show, so I would think that living in MO you may need to make a longer trip to compete. Depending on what side of the state you are, you may want to check shows in neighboring states.

Quote Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
    If you are looking for a sanctioned event then keep checking the NAS website I posted. Occassionally there are unsanctioned events posted on marunde-muscle.com forums as well. You may want to google KC Strongman as well. Also, while I'll try not to read any tone in your response, have a better attitude towards people trying to help you. I live in the NYC are and drove 2.5 hrs to my first SM show, so I would think that living in MO you may need to make a longer trip to compete. Depending on what side of the state you are, you may want to check shows in neighboring states.
    Thanks I'll keep checking back at it. I was also looking for unsanctioned events. Heck, any event.

That KC strongman site, latest entry is from 2006, and both emails they give dont work. I'm more than willing to drive to compete, I would just like one that isn't too far away. Especially for my first competition anyway. Thanks for the help, and if you can think of anything else, LMK I'd appreciate it.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Here is one contest in Missouri:

12/18/2010
    Hope for the Holiday IV
    St. Louis, MO

If you want to get in touch with Eric Todd (KC Strongman) just send me a PM and I can send you his email address. He usually hosts at least one contest per year and they actually had one last month:

http://www.kcstrongman.com/21801/50301.html

Kansas strongest man contest was in May and a lot of competitors from Missouri drove out for that one.

Things are a little bit slower right now because there are two Platinum Plus Contests (July - Hartford, CT / August - Dallas, TX) and then most people will be getting ready for Nationals. It seems that most of the local contests there will be between March and June, but there is the contest in December that I posted above.

If you need help getting in touch with local training groups there are quite a few strongmen in Missouri; Willie Wessels, Jeff Bach, Max Pippa, Justin Wheeler, etc.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    Here is one contest in Missouri:

12/18/2010
    Hope for the Holiday IV
    St. Louis, MO

If you want to get in touch with Eric Todd (KC Strongman) just send me a PM and I can send you his email address. He usually hosts at least one contest per year and they actually had one last month:

http://www.kcstrongman.com/21801/50301.html

Kansas strongest man contest was in May and a lot of competitors from Missouri drove out for that one.

Things are a little bit slower right now because there are two Platinum Plus Contests (July - Hartford, CT / August - Dallas, TX) and then most people will be getting ready for Nationals. It seems that most of the local contests there will be between March and June, but there is the contest in December that I posted above.

If you need help getting in touch with local training groups there are quite a few strongmen in Missouri; Willie Wessels, Jeff Bach, Max Pippa, Justin Wheeler, etc.
    Well with enough googling, I found ET myself. I've been emailing him, and Justin Wheeler, about a contest in September. The one you mention in St. Louis would be COOL!!! I just sent him an email. The only problem I have is I live at least 1.5 hoursd away from anywhere. BUT, I started building my own strongman equipment. Thanks for the help man I appreciate it. I live in Marshall,MO, so if you hear of anyone in my area LMK.

ehubbard - I missed what you said before. I wasn't tryng to sound unthankful, not my intention at all. Thank you for the help!

I finally got it figured out, and I'm gonna compete. So thats just awesome, cause I've never competed in anything, so I am nervous, but I know I'll do well.

Thanks for all the replies.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSearcher View Post
    Well with enough googling, I found ET myself. I've been emailing him, and Justin Wheeler, about a contest in September. The one you mention in St. Louis would be COOL!!! I just sent him an email. The only problem I have is I live at least 1.5 hoursd away from anywhere. BUT, I started building my own strongman equipment. Thanks for the help man I appreciate it. I live in Marshall,MO, so if you hear of anyone in my area LMK.
    When I lived in Florida I would drive two hours each way just to train, and for contests would usually end up flying. If you can drive an hour and a half to a well-run contest then that is great and I would definitely take advantage of that, you may even want to go out there two weeks before the contest to train with the implements that they will be using in the event.

I will keep an eye out for any other competitors in Missouri. You may want to try to get in touch with Max Pippa as well...
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com