The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Robert Jacobs' Beginning

So, today I have turned 18 years old. I have been lifting since I was 12 on and off, although never particularly seriously until I graduated high school about 4 months ago. Since that time, I have been lifting regularly until about a month ago when I started college and work. Starting Monday I plan to restart lifting hard and rededicate myself to it. I've been an athlete all my life so my training is going towards increased strength and explosiveness, not just size or being cut up. My senior year of high school I hurt my rotator cuff, killing my chances of a college scholarship for baseball, but I haven't thrown since I graduated and I feel like I should start throwing again, so I will also be logging that. Adios.

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 225
    Best Bench: 275x1
    Best Squat: 275x20
    Best Deadlift: 410x1
    Best 40: 4.8
    Best Mile: 5:50

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig New Member
    Lifted this evening before school. 1 Scoop MGN Premium Blend. Also Kre-Alkalyn, CLA, and ON Perfor-Maxx. I should have been taking the CLA all day and the vitamins in the morning but I zoned out so oh well. Right now my focus is on taking a longer rest between sets, at least a minute and a half, because in the past I had a tendency to go with only 30 to 45 seconds rest. Also, I wanted to do a better warm up.

Bench Press: 135x5, 185x3, 205x10,7,6, 135x12
    Incline Press: 115x6, 125x10,10, 135x9
    Flys: 35'sx10,10,8
    Deep Dumbbell Press: 60'sx10,10,6
    (Assuming short bar is 25 lbs.)
    Front Raises: 55x10,9 45x10
    Lateral Raises: 10'sx10, 35x8, 25x6
    Arm Circles: 5'sx10,10,10
    Post-Delt Flys: 135x10,10
    Triceps Pressdowns: 60x10,10, 40x15

Forgot to do Upright Rows. Skipped Military Press because my triceps are really my weak point right now. Need to add more lifts, but this is ok for a first day back. 1 Scoop MGN Premium Blend and Kre-Alkalyn after.

Wannabebig New Member
    Went to work fully intending to lift afterwards. Came from work with a fever and a feeling that I might die. I think it was from playing racquetball before. I haven't done it in a while so I was pretty inflammed. Took today off to make sure it wasn't the flu (also very very sore). Plan to get back tomorrow. I'm becoming very frustrated by being held back right when I want to go again.