The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Glad to see you got your new Inzer belt, in luv with it already I see, lol - I never lift without mine.

That's a monster dead set Kirian! Perfect session to go into a deload week.

your a beast, period!

Dam fine pulling bro! Congrats on the PR. Training is looking aweome lately.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

God damn you when you post two workouts within the same 5 minute span. Too much awesomeness for one person to handle. Great benching my man. 205x8 seems like about a number i'd hit right now, I might be on that # today actually. I love my Inzer wraps too, it looks like we have the same ones. Wouldn't trade 'em for any other ones. LOL at the neighbors daughter and him watching with terrified looks as you nailed 405. That's f***ing awesome dude, you smashed that. I'm so glad to see you getting back to your old strength so fast, that really came quick I think. Really jealous of your pulling power... you are ridiculous. Good stuff as always man. Don't go AWOL next week just cause it's a deload either.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Great job on the benching Kiaran. Those daeds are ****ing sick. You have a real strong pull for your bw.

So much to learn from you man!!! This is one of my favorite journals to read. I've decided to take the plunge into BBB land, only my BBB lift will be a lift similar to the main one. I think I will be going a bit heavier then 50% on some of them sometimes too. I was just worried that the weight would be too light. But that's a judgement call I guess, which I will learn as I go along.

Sweet deads too man. 405 x 8, on your 5/3/1 week is damn impressive! It's fun to impress people with some 4 pps deads isn't it. They look at you like you're a monster or something...but to us, it's not really all that big of a deal, and we're shooting for 6pps haha.

Great training as always, and enjoy the deload man!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

I plan to post a bit later. Need to catch up on journals. Been really busy this week as my house closes on Friday and then I am finally done. I haven't been slacking though, got my deload military press day in yesterday. I'll have to post that workout up. I have dropped some weight in the last week though cause I've been stressed out and have not been eating what I should. Almost there though.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaran View Post
    I plan to post a bit later. Need to catch up on journals. Been really busy this week as my house closes on Friday and then I am finally done. I haven't been slacking though, got my deload military press day in yesterday. I'll have to post that workout up. I have dropped some weight in the last week though cause I've been stressed out and have not been eating what I should. Almost there though.
    What are you weighing now?

Are things slowing down and sorting out down there in Littleton for you? Im gonna come down in a few weeks and we are going to hit a big lift together. Just wait and see.

Wish I could drop weight so easily. If I look at food I put LBs on lol. Good luck with all your house stuff bro.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

Brian: Lol, I wish dude. I even think about not eating and I lose weight They said it would be different when I was 30...but my metabolism is still super fast.

Chip: I'm weighing 152 in the morning right now. Things are definitely slowing down, bro, thanks for asking. I close on my house tomorrow afternoon and that's it. Divorce was final three weeks ago. So this is sorta the last thing to take care of...and it was a big thing.

Bri: Lol, thanks a lot, bro. I really appreciate those words. I'll be a little more dedicated here now that I will have a bit more time. It's been crazy lately. Good luck with the BBB. Like I already told ya, don't be afraid to up the weight if it feels easy. I hear ya on wanting the 6pps, lol.

Nick8: Thanks a lot, bro! I love deads.

Jed: lol, thanks bro! Not sure if it is awesomeness but I do my best for sure. Inzer makes some quality stuff. Yeah the whole neighbor training with me thing is always interesting. We'll see how long it lasts. You know me too well, lol. I always slack off during deload weeks.

Johnnyo: Thanks bro!

John O: Thanks a lot, bro. Yeah it was a tough week to finish up. Deload is going great though.

Terry: Thanks bro, yeah Inzer rules!

Keith: No worries bro. Thanks for all the props and support! I always look like I'm gonna explode when I lift heavy, lol. Parallel for me is 12". If I were competing in the squat, I would go to a 10" box. I definitely still love flaring the elbows. It really helps the leverage for some reason with me. I do therapy every other week. I was going every week for awhile. Been doing it for 7 months now for the divorce. Really helped me a lot. Yeah, the Inzer belts rule dude. WAY better than the EFS ones. Lol at our lifts and competing. I think we all compete against each other to be honest. It keeps us moving forward together. I like that.

Matt: Thanks bro! Lovin the new gym for sure.

John: Lol, thanks a lot bro! Last cycle was hard. Deload has been nice actually.

Mark: Lol, sounds like you have some interesting neighbors. Too bad you don't live next door. I love training with people. I'm not even picky, just nice to have another body around to train with and bounce thoughts off of. Thanks for the words, bro.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 - MP Deload

H-Rolls
    15s x 15
    15s x 15

Shoulder Horns
    5s x 20
    5s x 20

Military Press
    45 x 10 (w)
    60 x 5
    75 x 5
    90 x 5

Military Press (BBB)
    100 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 11

Pullups
    BW x 10 (WG)
    BW x 10 (NG)
    BW x 10 (CG)
    BW x 10 (WG)

Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 - SQ Deload

TKEs
    LightBand x 20
    LightBand x 20

Leg Swings
    MiniBand x 15
    MiniBand x 15

16" Box Squat
    45 x 10 (w)
    135 x 5
    165 x 5
    225 x 5

16" Box Squat (BBB)
    225 x 10
    225 x 10
    225 x 10

BB Lunges
    45 x 5 (w)
    95 x 5
    135 x 5

No pics or vids for the deload, which is going well and almost done. Amazed at how much easier the BBB sets are getting. Still enjoying it and not bored at all. I squeezed lunges in on the last workout. I really feel they help a lot and would like to push forward with them. I think my work capacity is finally high enough to add them into the mix after BBB sets.

Went to concert at Redrocks on Monday. Was one of the best shows I've been to. Saw Mastadon, Deftones and Alice In Chains. Deftones stole the show. Gonna go buy some more of their tracks now. Was a really good time. In other news, my GHR is coming next week so I'm pretty pumped about that. And my extra plates show up soon too. So I have to rearrange my gym in the coming days and get ready for the new stuff.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs

Banned
    WTF! You went to that show? Man I wanted to go so bad but couldn't find anyone to join me. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmanuel View Post
    WTF! You went to that show? Man I wanted to go so bad but couldn't find anyone to join me. !!!
    lol yeah. Shoulda asked you, didn't even think. Next time, man. Mastadon was great. Chains was good too but Deftones crushed it. Really good.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs

Banned
    lol yeah. Shoulda asked you, didn't even think. Next time, man. Mastadon was great. Chains was good too but Deftones crushed it. Really good.
    Yeah we will hit up a metal show sometime. I've seen mastodon live a bunch of times. were they drunk on stage? They usually are hahaha.

SFW brotha.

Nice job for both days Keph.

Friday, October 8th, 2010 - BP Deload

H-Rolls
    15s x 15
    15s x 15

Shoulder Horns
    5s x 20
    5s x 20

Bench Press
    45 x 10 (w)
    90 x 5
    110 x 5
    135 x 5

Bench Press (BBB)
    150 x 10
    150 x 10
    150 x 10
    150 x 11

Squeezed this in at lunch today. Went pretty well. Definitely getting stronger still. I didn't have time to do all 5 BBB sets or my assistance lifts. Probably toss those in a bit later tonight. Gonna deload some deads tomorrow and that's it for the deload. Plan to sleep way the **** in tomorrow morning.

In other news, I closed on my house this afternoon. It's finally all done and I can move on with my life. Weird feeling actually. Had to see my ex at the closing. She was all interested in the trivial details of my life and asking me a million little questions. She looked as great as she could of course and put her hair in pig tails of course. She did that on purpose cause i used to love that with her. Where was this interest in the last 7 months? I held on so hard with her for the first three months of this bull****. And now she acts this way? ****ing predictable really. Together for 8 years and she cheated on me with two different people, tosses me out of her life, along with our dog, house and everything else and that's how it ends. Moving on and I feel bad for her...she's got a lot to learn about life. So she asks if she can give me a hug out in the parking lot. I hesitate and she insists. So I do the one-arm hug thing and she gives a big hug. **** that. Then right before she goes she reaches for my hand and squeezes it tight. I didn't respond. She starts cryin and leaves. Just stood there with the wind in my face staring off into the mountains. Wish she didn't ruin everything. It's just too bad really. I'm glad it's all over now. Anyway, I feel good and can't wait to SFW next week.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs

Damn, bro. Sounds like a tough day for you for sure. Very inspirational to me to see you say that you feel good and know that it's her fault that she f***ed up, she's the one losing the opportunity, and she is the one that needs to learn. She'll realize that some day, and when she does she's gonna have it stick with her the rest of her life. You are a strong man Keph, physically, mentally and emotionally. Might I reccomend a song myself - Trashed and Scattered by A7X. Check the lyrics that go with it. I feel you might find some relevance and hopefully you can enjoy the song. That is my #1 SFW song, I tune in to it everytime I go for a PR.

Video

Looking forward to next week dudely.
    Last edited by jed; 10-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Thankfully that chapter has ended in your life. I feel bad for you, man, I really do. But, I truly feel worse for her. She lost the best thing that came into her life and sounds like she knows it. Live and learn, right? Hopefully this never happens to you again, but she deserves the same treatment in order for her to understand what you went through. She WOULD get dressed up and do her hair just the way you like it. Don't feel bad though, she's only doing that because she wants to look her best for you out of insecurity and regret. **** her, though. Move on, be yourself, do your thing, and you will be happy in the end. I definitely look forward to you SFW next week. Get at 'er!

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

If we're recommending songs here, listen to this one:
    Video

This was a song I found watching this:
    Video

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Badass song Keith. Love that video too. Nice find.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Thanks fellas. Appreciate those words. Gotta listen to the A7X track, Jed. Haven't heard it before. Thanks broseph! Keith, Amon Amarth has been in my playlist for over a year now, lol. I ****ing love those guys. Have 4 of their albums and they opened the door to a **** ton of new metal for me. Right now I'm hooked on Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Wintersun, Be'Lakor, Immortal and couple others. Amon is always good SFW music though. Twilight of the Thunder God rules.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs

Banned
    Thanks fellas. Appreciate those words. Gotta listen to the A7X track, Jed. Haven't heard it before. Thanks broseph! Keith, Amon Amarth has been in my playlist for over a year now, lol. I ****ing love those guys. Have 4 of their albums and they opened the door to a **** ton of new metal for me. Right now I'm hooked on Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Wintersun, Be'Lakor, Immortal and couple others. Amon is always good SFW music though. Twilight of the Thunder God rules.
    I've seen AA once live back in South Carolina. Im big into Wintersun, and Im partial to black metal like Immortal and Emperor too. Looks like we have a lot of overlap in musical tastes! Metal show here we come.

Garage Lifter
    A little jealous about the Deftones and Alice in Chains, very cool you got to go.

Sounds like you've got your head wrapped around the next step, so now all you gotta do is do it. With what I've seen of your drive I think that'll be the easiest thing you've done in months. good luck
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Kiaran, I'm not good with this kind of stuff, my ex that cheated on me in the past just got mentally disconnected from me. It sucks you had to see her again and she started that crap like that. It's over, it's done and you're better for it. Maybe not right now, but in the future, sir you will be. You're doing some great work in here, stay focused, stay the course my friend, drive hard.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May