12/3/2011: SSA Long Island Championships
My first meet since the 2004 APF Senior Nationals. Didn't even think about lifting until the day before, and realized I didn't want to pass up the chance to lift with my boys Chris Taylor, Chris Rodgers, and Ben Jackson.
Weighed in the day of the meet at 147 = 148 lbs/MultiPly Division
1) 505 for a small, 4 lbs, meet PR and hit it literally like an empty bar. Didn't feel as deep as I like to go, so adjusted for the next two.
2) 530, sunk to good depth and stood right up. Originally was planning on stopping there, but it was so easy decided to take one more.
3) 560, got a tad forward in the hole, but managed to adjust and keep my positioning pretty good and grinded it out nice and clean ... 59 lbs meet PR
1) 295; felt decent
2) 315; not so easy (16 lbs under my meet PR)
3) Pass - wasn't worth wasting the energy trying to squeeze out 5-10 more lbs since it wouldn't have been a PR anyway.
1) 485; easy
2) 525 for a 2 lbs meet PR and also a 1400 lbs Total. Solid but not as fast as usual.
3) Pass - didn't feel like taking another, Lol
Squats went about as expected; 560 was harder than I would have liked, but I used a shitty pair of knee wraps and barely tightened the straps on my suit. Also only did one week of my band training before the meet, and I was weak in the area where more band training will help.
For bench, besides two shirt workouts with the guys, I trained by myself every workout and raw. So was hoping to just hit 315, and that's what happened. Also used a new shirt that I never tried before that I touched 185 in while warming.
Was exhausted by dealdift time, and I had also pulled a max effort reverse band dealdift 3 days prior to the meet. Wanted to hit a small PR with some left in the tank, and that's what I did. Luckily that gave me 1400 for my first elite total and I didn't have to take another :)
Was great to share the platform with a bunch of my old friends, and some new ones! Here a video of all my lifts except my 315 bench:
And here's the 315 bench:
For those of you for the Tri-State area, we are planning to have an APF Push-Pull meet at the end of March. More details will be available soon, but start training for it now! :)