The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Gamer/Lifter

Mom lies on paperwork to get her kids a better education, then goes to jail...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...chool-23973624

This is FUBAR.

Here's a solution for the next time it happens, tell the mom she's been a naughty girl and switch the kids back to proper schools and watch them become hood rats who end up joining gangs and kill your first born son in a drive by shooting over a pair sneakers....

And people ask me why I refuse to move back to the states...wtf...

The judge did do one good thing, she's only got to do 10 days in jail she also wrote the broad of education and told them this felony shouldn't be reason to deny her a teacher license since she is a good single mother merely attempting to get her kids the best education possible...

It's still a WTF.
    Last edited by Nik00117; 01-26-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Soilwork addict.
    It says video is no longer available.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

Me thinks the biggest issue the school system has is that she refuses to pay the $30,000.00 in back tuition payments...

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post

Here's a solution for the next time it happens, tell the mom she's been a naughty girl and switch the kids back to proper schools and watch them become hood rats who end up joining gangs and kill your first born son in a drive by shooting over a pair sneakers....

I mean, YEA! **** personal accountability.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Chubrock- agreed and agreed.

The problem here does seem to be the back tuition she refuses to pay, not the wrong address.

An even bigger problem I see is the ineptness of the American public education system and how it, along with lousy lazy parents have failed their kids. Teachers can only do so much, the issue begins at home. This lady did a valiant act, but should have checked her facts before embarking, then again it speaks to a bigger issue being the educational system that she needed to go to such lengths to get her children a better education.

Too bad our government spends money on other BS, I see tons of children left behind every day
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

With a mom like that I don't think these kids have much of a chance of becoming hood rats/thugs just because they go to a different school.

That happened about 20 min from my house actually lol.

The punishment seems extreme or maybe just a tad over the top, but that sorta stuff is taken quite seriously around here. Fraud is fraud and you can't pretend you live somewhere else just because you don't like the school you teach at.

What she could have looked into legally was open enrollment. It takes a bit more time and can be complicated but there are legal ways for people to enroll their kids in a public school outside the district they live in.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

A felony for this seems extreme. There is some fault here by the mother, and 10 days in jail is not the end of the world for her or her family. To me this points to another example of the broken educational system.

Also since when does it cost $30,000 to send your kids to public school?

Gamer/Lifter
    Also since when does it cost $30,000 to send your kids to public school?
    Not unheard of...I've heard of $24,000 before.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Read today that they gave her, AND OTHER FAMILIES they found doing the same thing several chances to start payment plans to repay the school, she was the only one who flat out refused.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    well nik, this isnt communist russia. things cost money, including public schools. they are funded mostly by taxes. if you live outside the municipality/district where your children attend school, you are not paying the taxes that most directly fund that school. as a result, you pay tuition for attendance. very simple

My wife went to Revere, one street away from the copley school district and she thanks god for it, that school was terrible when she was younger. We know a few teachers from Copley high school so this is a pretty interesting story for us?

I NEVER thought I would see the day where people were lying to get into COPLEY!!!!! Revere...sure but not Copley, they don't have very good
    academic records to speak of?

I get it but the point is there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. The article in the beacon the other day said that 29 parents were busted from Copley in the last couple years but they ALL payed the back tuition and all that came with it so no charges were filed.

I wouln't worry too much, the current admimistration will re-distribute money from these "better" schools with higher taxable residents and share it with the schools that don't seem to have the money soon enough, to help "even" the playing field. We won't be bringing the poorer schools up near as much as bring the better schools down!

It will all suck soon enough!

Private education will be the only way to get quality in this country in about 10 more years!