Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad but so true article from t mag

good article depressing but good
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    Mass != Strength for one.
    Are you saying that more muscle doesn't = more strength?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Exactly - you can lose strength yet still hypertrophy.

I could care less is you dont believe me dude. and i use to weigh 230 lbs when i was a major fat ass, the stretch marks have gone way down since then. everyone thinks everything i say is BS, then they think my gains are BS. i understand, its natural to boycott things you dont understand, but maybe for once you should trust someone. And i would throw in a pic, but i dont want to throw in the cash for a digital camera

put it this way, you arent going to look like yates bench pressing 250 lbs, its not possible

You don't need a digital camera to put a pic up. But what is your bodyweight now, and what was it in February?

I would say a gain of 40lbs of LM is more than many can put on in a lifetime of natural bodybuilding.

and its not 40 lbs of lean mass, when the hell did i add lean mass afterwards, a ton of that is water, another ton in glycogen and other things, and alot of it fat too. but my body has filled out a ton more, and my muscles are excellingly bigger than before
    Last edited by Jane; 05-11-2002 at 12:43 PM.

my bodyweight now right after waking up is 198, in the beginning of february is was between 155-160

i use to have about 2% bf too, as i mentioned earlier i look like someone out of schindlers list, with big muscles

haha 2% this just keeps getting better.
    I believe that you could put on that much weight in that time, but not while only increasing your bodyfat 3%. Also dont tell people they dont understand, when clearly you are wrong. Believing you are right doesnt make it so.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Ok - I don't know about the 2% BF, especially since you were 230lbs, doesn't sound like you're the most naturally lean person. Out of curiousity what is your height and waist size now?

If you really were 2% BF, you're still looking at a gain of 30+lbs of lean mass, unless you are holding ridiculous amounts more water than at 155. Also, 4500 cals or whatever you said you were eating would not result in a 5lbs/week gain, unless your AMR is about 1400 cals a day -- which I doubt.

at most 2%. AS I SAID BEFORE, i looked like something out of schindlers list, how much bf do you think they had, im not exaggerating by saying this. beleive whatever you want smalls, i increased my entire mass by 40 lbs, that doesnt mean lean mass, that doesnt mean fat, that doesnt mean water. that means a good deal of all the above. since my bf was so incredibly low before, a good deal of fat did not raise my bf up abnormally high. as i stated in a thread a long time ago i had alot of vascularity all over my abs, now do you think you could have more than 2% bf and have veins all over your stomach?

Yes, you can have above 2% and stil have veins in your abs. Do you realize 2% bodyfat would land you in the hospital very quickly. I dont really think your straight up lying, you just dont understand what your saying and dong know your true stats. Also I was eating 4800 cals a day and gaining about a pound a week, so unless you require 1/5 the calories that I do, yet still put on lots of muscle with those excess calories, then something isnt right. Think before you speak.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

i had a ton of health problems while i was eating so little. maybe smalls, just maybe, me being a teenager, who does alot of cardio, being 6'5 and abnormally bigger than the average person, might just change my caloric needs and muscle gaining ability. or maybe the fact that i train quite a bit differently then other people. or maybe the fact that i eat differently than alot of people...maybe somewere in there, makes my body a little different than yours, and most everybody elses

ok - 6'5" -- now what is your waist size? Also, what are your lifts now and stats, and what were your lifts and stats when you started?

I'm with smalls, I just think that you've gained much more than 10lbs of fat and don't realize it. I'm not calling you a liar about the weight itself.

also - you claimed you were anorexic with big muscles before. at 155-160lbs and 6'5" in height, if you think that you had "big muscles", your perception of something sounds a little off.

theres alot of fat inside your body as well as out, i could have easily had little-no fat inside of me either, and i did have a bunch of health problems. my waist size is 36. my lifts are
    1 rep maxes:
    dumbell bp-190 lbs (90 lbs in each hand)
    Deadlift- 315
    squat on smith-255
    bicep curl on straight bar 135
    skull crushers 105
    shoulder press 120 (60 in each arm)
    i can do 8 wide grip pull ups, or 230 lb rows (115 per hand)

when i first started lifting my bench was 115 on barbell bench
    deads about 150
    (pussy) squats about 135
    barbell curls about 75
    skulls about 45
    Last edited by InferiorDesign; 05-11-2002 at 01:26 PM.

i really didnt have "big muscles" there were just bigger than most peoples, plus i had very little bf so they looked bigger

How would they be bigger than most peoples since - for example - my brother is about 6'2" - 6'3" and he weighs in at about 201lbs, fairly lean?

Also, your lifts for 3 months in the gym are outrageous. I know very few people who curl 135lbs period, let alone after 3 months. And, it's pretty hard to do 1 rep dumbbell max, since you will get stuck in the bottom position even at a 3-4RM and need a spot up, so I don't know how you're testing that. I've never even seen someone do a 1RM with any of the DB presses.

Just realize that your claims sound really dubious.

i can do six reps of 180, i think its safe to say i can do 190. i can curl 135, whether you like it not

ive been in the gym for almost a year btw

1yr - that makes more sense. So what were your lifts 3 months ago at 155lbs? That was what I was wondering.

Dead Sexy Member
    ID, I think you're a confused kid.

I hope you made the gains you claim, but I doubt it.

Also - Inferior, what are your measurements? I'm guessing your arms will be, what, 16.5" - 17"?

Senior of Kinesiology
    wow.. that was a very good article.
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22