The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

help! Is putting on weight around chest and stomach area normal for a beginner?

I'm a beginner weight lifter doing SS for a couple of months now I'm 5'11 185lb and BMI is 25 but I'm starting to notice I'm gaining weight mostly around my stomach & chest area. I'm concerned that i'm getting husky. Is this normal for beginners to weight training?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Are you counting calories? If you're gaining more fat around your midsection that you'd like you're proabably eating too many calories.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    Are you counting calories? If you're gaining more fat around your midsection that you'd like you're proabably eating too many calories.
    No. believe it or not, I'm not taking in as much calories as i should. i take only about 1800-2100 calories daily and about 150-200 g of protein unfortunately becuz i am unable to purchase food at the moment.

i try to maintain this intake but getting this amount is a struggle everyday, i get it mostly from protein shakes but im not sure how long i can keep that up. not really food. unless my parents cook dinner, that is.
    Last edited by I_Esta_5; 08-05-2010 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Esta_5 View Post
    No. believe it or not, I'm not taking in as much calories as i should. i take only about 1800-2100 calories daily and about 150-200 g of protein unfortunately becuz i am unable to purchase food at the moment.

i try to maintain this intake but getting this amount is a struggle everyday, i get it mostly from protein shakes but im not sure how long i can keep that up. not really food. unless my parents cook dinner, that is.
    Why is there no food available for you, this seems very odd that protein shakes are the only source of intake.

For a start are you ACTUALLY eating 1800-2000? How are you counting those calories? Most people tend to estimate their calorie content and are massively suprised when they count them for real (use something like fitday.com)

Most guys put on fat in the chest and belly area, so don;t worry about the specific regions of it. If you are putting on fat too quickly, you ARE eating too much which is why I am sceptical you are eating 1800 calories.

What is your carbohydrate intake like?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? Ė My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    For a start are you ACTUALLY eating 1800-2000? How are you counting those calories? Most people tend to estimate their calorie content and are massively suprised when they count them for real (use something like fitday.com)

Most guys put on fat in the chest and belly area, so don;t worry about the specific regions of it. If you are putting on fat too quickly, you ARE eating too much which is why I am sceptical you are eating 1800 calories.

What is your carbohydrate intake like?
    i have protein powder with water/milk during the day 50g of protein 710 calories and 96 g of carbs. i take this 3 times a day since this is my only source of good high protein and calories. its not that i don't have food period. it's just that i'm trying to eat protein proportionate to my weight, since i weigh 185 im trying to take in that much. I still have a slim looking build but i have a little pouch in the belly area.

my famly and relatives thinks im gaining too much weight. i think its becase they're used to seeing me being very skinny at 155.

You need to eat real food. Not protein shakes all day.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

How can you get protein shakes but not food? You can get a crap load of chicken at a Sam's Club type place for cheap...

You need the real deal. Protein is a supplement... It's meant to aide your diet, not be your diet.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Not all protein supplements are created equal either. Some are loaded with calories. Try Nitrean from AtLargeNutrition. And eat some real food to go with it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!