Thread: Few cutting questions

Few cutting questions

I have done a search but can't find the answers to a few specific questions. Also wasn't sure which forum to post this in, just put it in Diet And Nutrition since my main question I need answered is regarding diet.

I am 6' and weigh about 190lbs. Not sure about bodyfat % but I have lost my ab visibility during my bulk (though still clear if I tense). I will be finished my bulk soon and want to start a cut to get low enough bf% for my abs to be clear all the time but I have a few questions.

1. I have slowly been moving my calories up and am currently eating 3150cal per day, around 230g protein. I don't know my maintenance, but I have been gaining muscle and fat on this many cals. What would be a good amount to do while cutting?

2. I have read a lot that you have to lift heavy to maintain muscle mass. My current 3-day routine is 3 sets of 8 reps, is that heavy enough? Also should I make an attempt to move the weight up while cutting or is that too hard on recovery so best to keep it the same?

3. Do carbs really matter that much? As in could I get down to abs fully visible even with having 300g carbs a day? If they DO need to be restricted, what is a good amount to shoot for?

Thanks

1. I have slowly been moving my calories up and am currently eating 3150cal per day, around 230g protein. I don't know my maintenance, but I have been gaining muscle and fat on this many cals. What would be a good amount to do while cutting?
    How quickly have you been gaining weight by eating 3150 a day?

2. I have read a lot that you have to lift heavy to maintain muscle mass. My current 3-day routine is 3 sets of 8 reps, is that heavy enough? Also should I make an attempt to move the weight up while cutting or is that too hard on recovery so best to keep it the same?
    If your routine is working I would stick with it. Try to add if possible whether that be adding weight or reps.

3. Do carbs really matter that much? As in could I get down to abs fully visible even with having 300g carbs a day? If they DO need to be restricted, what is a good amount to shoot for?
    Figure out your maintenance and your target calories for weight loss first. Then worry about the macro breakdown.

I have gained around 11lb in 13 weeks, starting with 2800 cal and upping it to 3150cal after about the 6th week