Thread: Lifestyle change has turned my training upside down ARGH!!

Wannabebig Member

Lifestyle change has turned my training upside down ARGH!!

Hi all,

A recent career change has meant that my previous routine has been turned on its head. Prior to changing jobs I use to go to the gym every morning for an hour for 5 days a week for pure weights, I then did two to three hours of thai boxing training for my cardio in the evenings. Based on this regime I was happy to have carbs for breakfast and lunch and had no carbs in the evening. I have read previously that you need carbs as well as protein after a good weights workout to build muscle, so was happy to have a high carb post work out breakfast.

However now I get home late from work and am limited to weights 3 days a week (approx an hour and a half) meaning I dont eat my evening meal until around 8. However am a bit scared about having carbs this late because i have always followed a carb curfew type diet. I have tried it for the last week and although i dont appear to put on weight, I have gone up a notch size on my belt!

Can anyone who is in a similar position to me give me any tips/ideas on how I could enjoy my new routine and compliment it with a good diet that doesnt mean Im bloated or put on too much fat?

Thanks in anticipation!!!!

Your activity level dropped so your food should accomodate... meaning eat a little less if you're not as active. Being scared of carbs is silly.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54