The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Eggs all at once or spread out?

My trainer wants me to eat 7 egg whites and 1 whole egg along with 3/4 cup oatmeal fo breakfast. Problem is, I'm not used to eating breakfast period, so this is a ton of food for me. I've been getting the oatmeal down ok, but I'm bringing the 8 hard boiled eggs to work and eating one about evey 20 minutes or so. So after eating the oatmeal my "breakfast" takes almost 3 hours and I finish just in time for my mid morning protien shake. I tried the 8 eggs at once and I felt like my stomach was gonna explode.

Does spreading the eggs out like this matter as long as I get them all down or is there some reason they need to all be eaten at once?

Thanks!
    Last edited by xray328; 08-24-2010 at 09:46 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If that's what you need to get them down I don't see a problem with it, I can't eat that many eggs in one sitting due to the fact that I would just have them come back up. Or replace the eggs with foods you find easier to get down but contain the same or similar micronutrients.

When I first started eating breakfast on a regular basis I only ate foods that were easy to eat and digest and worked my way up. For example a bowl of steel cut oats and protein shake.

Once you do it for awhile you'll get used to it. I used to think 1 cup of oatmeal was insanely large, but now I get it down in about 2 minutes flat. I recommend going out and getting some sugar free oatmeal packets (or low sugar) which is probably about a 1/2 cups worth or a little less. Add the plain oats to it to get the 3/4 cup. Its sooooo much easier to eat it because it tastes so damn good!

As far as the eggs go, you could do something like 1 scoop protein and mix in 2 whites and a whole egg with water and a little skim milk if you had to for taste. I mix egg whites into shakes and it tastes great. Once you get used to the amounts and you're not so full, start cooking them.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Eating gets easier the more you do it. I used to be the same way, but now I have to constantly cut myself off from eating more. Now I can eat 4 eggs, hash browns, two pancakes, toast, bacon and ham for breakfast, then I can turn around and eat a triple combination plate at Panda Express for lunch. Dang, now I'm hungry...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    People that don't eat breakfast have a hard time eating breakfast. Keep this up for a few weeks and it will get easier. Also as you get bigger and lift heavier this amount of food will seem much smaller.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------