Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    oh hi

Now Daniel wouldn't it be great to have someone like Rory wearing an AtLarge hoodie or tank top at the gym? I couldn't think of a better walking advertisement for your supps.

First leg day in 4 months that wasn't a bust

Squats
    135x10
    135x10
    185x8
    185x8
    225x6
    225x6
    275x4
    275x4
    315x2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Frog press
    5p x10
    6p x10
    7p x10
    8p x8
    8p x8

Lying cable leg curls
    60x12
    80x12
    100x8
    100x8
    120x5.5
    120x5.5

squats
    225x20
    245x16 phuck

with the exclusion of the cable curls and the final set of squats I was working at a conservative 60-70% of capable reps. Pissed I coudln't get the 245 and wanted to then do a 20 repper of 265 after, phuck. Started shaking violently all over right after that set that didn't go away for 20-30 minutes.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    First leg day in 4 months that wasn't a bust

Squats
    135x10
    135x10
    185x8
    185x8
    225x6
    225x6
    275x4
    275x4
    315x2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Frog press
    5p x10
    6p x10
    7p x10
    8p x8
    8p x8

Lying cable leg curls
    60x12
    80x12
    100x8
    100x8
    120x5.5
    120x5.5

squats
    225x20
    245x16 phuck

with the exclusion of the cable curls and the final set of squats I was working at a conservative 60-70% of capable reps. Pissed I coudln't get the 245 and wanted to then do a 20 repper of 265 after, phuck. Started shaking violently all over right after that set that didn't go away for 20-30 minutes.
    Yay for legs day!

Take it easy there bud! You're just getting back into it! Give yourself a little pat on the back for still moving some decent weight!

House Lannister
    What is a frog press?

Heels on the top outside corner of the leg press. Bottom pin set, sled drops to the very bottom, lower back rounds in and knees tuck up to either side of your face. Nothing but glutes and hams to get it moving out of that position.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

looking big and lean man. Whats up with the bb.com tank though? poser
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

ALN doesn't make tanks. I do have a one or two I've cut into sleevless's. I'd like to see WBB wear to be honest.

House Lannister
    ALN doesn't make tanks. I do have a one or two I've cut into sleevless's. I'd like to see WBB wear to be honest.
    Me too!

Size mediun tho.....

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Jealous of the thickness in the chest. WBB refuses to make apparel I would def rock WBB wear in the gym.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Jealous of the thickness in the chest. WBB refuses to make apparel I would def rock WBB wear in the gym.
    I sense a business opportunity....

I have a very talented graphic design artist friend. I could see if he could make up some cool WBB designs?

Haha, I'm just messing with you. I would never say that to your face considering you are twice my size. I'm wearing a cutoff ALN shirt now.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    I sense a business opportunity....

I have a very talented graphic design artist friend. I could see if he could make up some cool WBB designs?
    Talk to him about making one that simpy reads "why you curling in the squat rack?" on the front. then a creative stick figure with his back 45 degrees backwards curling in the rack. I would buy 10 and wear that every single day.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 11-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.

House Lannister
    Talk to him about making one that simpy reads "why you curling in the squat rack?" on the front. then a creative stick figure with his back 45 degrees backwards curling in the rack. I would buy 10 and wear that every single day.
    haha i'll see if he's up for it.

dude thats some awesome leg volume!!! your legs mustve been hurting!!! God Bless you brotha!!!
    All armies ever to have marched,
    All ships ever to have sailed the seas,
    All parliaments that ever sat,
    All kings that ever reigned,
    ...have not had such a profound influence on the people of this planet
    as did this carpenters life! JESUS YOU REIGN!

Banned
    i went hunting specifically for this journal. real pleased to see a leg workout in here. sounds like youre healing up......

looking joocy btw. thick as always. work easing up on you a bit? hope to see some updates man

Nice work as ever mate, looking huge.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i went hunting specifically for this journal. real pleased to see a leg workout in here. sounds like youre healing up......

looking joocy btw. thick as always. work easing up on you a bit? hope to see some updates man
    Hey Tim. Yeah I should really throw out some random updates more often. But I didn't really want to start updating this regularly until everything was 100% again.

Works big time eased up, just 40 hours. I got really, really, really beat up from the 72hrs. It was a mistake on my part keeping my calories around maintenance during that time. Since then I've raised the food, got tons of good rest and my body has been recouping well. I'm still beat up though...

I did however strain a bicep or something in my forearm at work and am not training back atm. I also made the decision to stop squatting atf for my back sake, unfortunately this is taking a toll on my knees only going to parallel.

I made a decision last week to alter my rep ranges. For the past year and half (at least the majority of it) I've worked in a 4-8 rep range. I'm moving up to a 9-12. If I didnt get 9 reps I'll drop the weight, if I make it to 12 I'll up it. I'm really shocked initially how little low rep stength has carried over to high rep endurance. The weights I've chosen feel feathers for the first few reps, then once I get around 7 or 8 they've felt like they've instantly doubled. Somewhat interesting actually. It humbling using some light weights but I think for the best.

God I wish I were healthy enough to get emaciated again right now.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...24101838-1.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...7-03055243.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-5_yaI_uU8

Theres no point to this post. I was just going through my phone and reliving some bittersweet days from the summer.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 12-11-2010 at 10:31 AM.

House Lannister
    Wish you had competed?

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Wish you had competed?
    I wish I had quit that diet sooner and cannot fathom what 3 & 5 more weeks would have brought on to my mind and body.

Banned
    I wish I had quit that diet sooner and cannot fathom what 3 & 5 more weeks would have brought on to my mind and body.
    aye.. its mentally tough. i was completely unprepared for that aspect. i dont really understand how ppl maintain that level of leanness year round.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    aye.. its mentally tough. i was completely unprepared for that aspect. i dont really understand how ppl maintain that level of leanness year round.
    gineticz

Mentally tough dealing with the hunger, cravings, weakness, lethargy. The more frightening side is the solitary confinement it brought and the depression, anxiety, panic attacks etc.

I can deal with the first set. I'm in no place to take on the second.

House Lannister
    Mentally tough dealing with the hunger, cravings, weakness, lethargy. The more frightening side is the solitary confinement it brought and the depression, anxiety, panic attacks etc.

I can deal with the first set. I'm in no place to take on the second.
    I can't imagine what that'd be like. It does seem like you to have to at least somewhat anti-social if you are trying to cut to a very low bodyfat.

Banned
    it was intense anxiety and unpredictable outbursts of rage for me. never experienced anything like it before. the details are too embarassing to post.. its all pretty substantially psychotic behavior (srs)