Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Threw in some one legged presses today (inspiration from Ryan). Good ****. I did them years ago but never took to them for whatever reason. Didn't seem to bother my back (like squats can), less discomfort on my knees (squats and lunges), and didn't bother my ribs (two legged presses). Was able to get great depth and definetly a great workout for hams and glutes not just quads. I actually hit muscular failure completely to my suprise on a set of only 300lbs. I was pretty pre-fatigued but mental battle of pushing for more reps hadn't even begon yet. Next thing I know 50% through a rep I lost all power and it started coming back down on me as my leg gave out and other one flew in out of nowhere to save me before the catches did lol. I might hit these first next day.

Nicccce. I'm a fan of high rep leg presses. Let us know how growth in the legs go.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Nicccce. I'm a fan of high rep leg presses. Let us know how growth in the legs go.
    It was rep 7.5
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

two things I've been doing is pre-exhaust my hams before leg presses and doing slow negatives. Check out the article I posted in my log last week. I'm still sore today.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

House Lannister
    I did a set of 50-rep leg presses with a wide, low stance. I can barely walk today my quads are so sore.

LuNa
    And I'm wearing gloves next time... UPS came just minutes after I got home. My signature for this looked like I had cerebral paulsy.

I thought Christmas had already ended. That is one good looking filled box.

Nice cardio you put in, seems like a great start to a day.

Chest, light triceps, Light delts

Cable internal and external rotations
    30x12
    40x12
    50x12

DB Press
    55x12
    80x12
    100x4
    115x2
    130x8! Had to go back and look. Last time I was using 130s a 6 set was my best. PR
    120x10
    120x7
    115x7
    115x6.5
    Dropset: 80x5

Incline cable crossover
    85x7
    80x7
    75x9.5
    75x6
    70x7
    70x7

CG Bench
    135x8
    135x8
    185x8
    235x4
    235x5

Lateral raises
    20x10
    30x10
    40x10
    50x6
    35x18 -- thought I picked up the 45s, just went with them.

Notes It was alright. DB pressing felt good. Found myself slipping into a little lower rep ranges than I have been using. Diets going well. Though I haven't been using my macros I had contemplated earlier. I'm actually not even tracking macros at all or fitday'ing it. I've just been keeping a calorie count in my head, I know how to eat well enough and I'm not pushing into anything crazy lean so for now this is fine. I was a rogue 210 on monday morning start of the diet (which is wierd, I had been 207ish consistenty. I didn't have a pre diet binge the night before or anything like that. Just a strange rogue weight). Tues and wed was 204. 203 today. Look a lot leaner for 4 days, felt it in the jeans today too.

Last edited by Behemoth; 01-06-2011 at 08:56 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

DB Bench strength is impressive. An area I need to improve, good work.
    My Journal
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Diets going well. Though I haven't been using my macros I had contemplated earlier. I'm actually not even tracking macros at all or fitday'ing it. I've just been keeping a calorie count in my head, I know how to eat well enough and I'm not pushing into anything crazy lean so for now this is fine. I was a rogue 210 on monday morning start of the diet (which is wierd, I had been 207ish consistenty. I didn't have a pre diet binge the night before or anything like that. Just a strange rogue weight). Tues and wed was 204. 203 today. Look a lot leaner for 4 days, felt it in the jeans today too.
    That's insane, 210 down to 203 in a few days. I know there's always a few pounds that you can drop quickly, but wow.

I've been stagnant for the past 2 weeks and just went to a straight low-fat daily diet and dropped 4 pounds in 1 week.

Crazy how the body works.

If I recall correctly you will be dieting down for about 4-6 weeks? I assume that would get you around 196-198? That would be a solid BW for you and probably showing some strong definition.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Crazy pressing Rory.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Good looking press session.

Great diet results already.

Well done on that pr for DB press mate, good on a cut!

As cutting is a completely different world to me, how much strength, if any, would you expect to loose in your diet?

What are your long term goals Rory?

Nice work mate.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

DB Bench strength is impressive. An area I need to improve, good work.
    Trade ya for some squat strength

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    That's insane, 210 down to 203 in a few days. I know there's always a few pounds that you can drop quickly, but wow.

I've been stagnant for the past 2 weeks and just went to a straight low-fat daily diet and dropped 4 pounds in 1 week.

Crazy how the body works.

If I recall correctly you will be dieting down for about 4-6 weeks? I assume that would get you around 196-198? That would be a solid BW for you and probably showing some strong definition.
    I still have several more pounds of bloat to lose. 7-8 weeks and we're probably looking at about 190 @ 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Crazy pressing Rory.
    Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    Good looking press session.

Great diet results already.
    Thanks bro, just a little bloat drop thas all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Well done on that pr for DB press mate, good on a cut!

As cutting is a completely different world to me, how much strength, if any, would you expect to loose in your diet?

What are your long term goals Rory?

Nice work mate.
    Increased strength is pretty normal (for me) for the first few weeks still. By a month (if not a week or two sooner) I'm usually stalled on most lifts. For this shorter diet, there will likely still be strength loss across the board, maybe 10%. For a full 4 month cut well hell, last year I squatted 405x1, 365x6, 315x11 right before a 5 week layoff from cracked ribs followed by 17 weeks of dieting. By the end of the diet I was probably squatting 315x4 or 5. that was probably the most signifigant lift to lose out on though. A lot of that comes right back within a few weeks of increased cals again too. I couldn't squat because of injury right after I ended my diet, but for instance I think my DB OH went from 80x4 to 100x6 in a matter of 5 weeks. A lot of the strength loss has to do with just energy, and poorly fueled muscle, not really muscle loss. It's all part of the mind games that dieting brings on.

Long term goals are just as big as I possibly can while still staying relatively lean. If someday I happen to fall into a lifestyle situation that I feel I could make it on stage I'l like to. But I'm not sure I have it in me to be a competitor.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-07-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks for the Reply Rory, good luck.

A Westside journal.

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

I'm declaring one legged leg press more brutal and excruciating than heavy, high rep squats/lunges. I'm not sure how, seeing as two legged is just another exercise but one legged makes me want to cry like a baby.

AM cardio yesterday was a fasted 25 minute hike to my hunting spot, then a 25 minute hike out 4 hours later with a novus bar in my stomache. Then I hustled over to the gym and trained legs. Then I went back out for an evening hunt which included two more 25 minute hikes.

AM weight today was 201, but I slept for a loooong time.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-09-2011 at 11:27 AM.

I'm declaring one legged leg press more brutal and excruciating than heavy, high rep squats/lunges. I'm not sure how, seeing as two legged is just another exercise but one legged makes me want to cry like a baby.
    Blasphemy.
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

They are tough, my mate chalenged me to stand up from a low seat/sofa/couch on one leg only with my hands on my head, try it it is nearly impossible!

A Westside journal.

Blasphemy.
    I know right? I'm not going to argue it because I know how absurd it sounds. But they are excruciating. A set of 10 felt like 275x20 on squats. Of course a set of 10 is actually 20 when you consider both legs, and three times the weight isolated per leg. But you would still think the full body exercise the squats are to always take the cake. Probably just because I'm not used to these yet.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-09-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    They are tough, my mate chalenged me to stand up from a low seat/sofa/couch on one leg only with my hands on my head, try it it is nearly impossible!
    Hmm, was pretty easy from well below parallel...

Damn, that is some strong DB Pressing. I've never tried a single leg press but I have done pistol squats and they are brutal also.

House Lannister
    I know right? I'm not going to argue it because I know how absurd it sounds. But they are excruciating. A set of 10 felt like 275x20 on squats. Of course a set of 10 is actually 20 when you consider both legs, and three times the weight isolated per leg. But you would still think the full body exercise the squats are to always take the cake. Probably just because I'm not used to these yet.
    I'm going to agree with you here, Rory. In terms of pain in the legs, I don't think anything beats high-rep leg pressing, single-leg or not. I like squats, but there's just no comparison for me between the two in terms of hitting the quads.

House Lannister

More low volume/high-frequency shilling.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...ng-part-4.html

And then keep this in mind....

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...ernon_training

Could easily make a 6-day, 2x a week push/pull/legs with 3 total working sets per bodypart. Just a thought....

I am doing a 6x week push/pull/legs....

House Lannister
    I am doing a 6x week push/pull/legs....
    O.

I don't know how I could've missed that, especially with all the workouts you've been posting.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    O.

I don't know how I could've missed that, especially with all the workouts you've been posting.
    The clues were all there. You're slacking on your stalking of me.

Some GPP dragging a doe I popped with a flintlock muzzleloader this evening. Freezers already stacked with beef, chicken, salmon and shrimp... I should be set on meat for quite some time now.