Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

If you go with the hat, then I'd say something all black witht he charcoal, or other dark lettering, would be the way to go. Don't shorten "natural" and say "natty" or something like that.

You could just go with something like "Dedication" on the front, and maybe you could.............

Put "Time" on the left side, then.........

"&" on the back, then...............

wait for it......

"Patience" on the right side.

Yeah, I know, I'll stop. I do think Dedication or Determination might say more than having Natural. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 01-16-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

what you have done naturally is awesome. You should be proud
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Naturally Proud.
    I'm leaning towards just 'natural'. But any other suggestions are welcome since it'll probably be a while before I get it done... The mall that has the store I don't frequent much.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    I beg to differ. That's special.

I'm happy to see some exercises that you're bringing back into your workout because you're feeling better overall. It would be nice to see you hit some of the power movements from time to time. They always have their place within any person's workout.

Meat and potatoes is always a great meal. Carbs, fats, protein, whatever! Get it in. I've been eatting more steak lately also. Not too much, that extra $2 per pound compared to other meats does cost.
    Yeah I'll be eating TONS of steak here soon. My deer should be done any day now

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    If you go with the hat, then I'd say something all black witht he charcoal, or other dark lettering, would be the way to go. Don't shorten "natural" and say "natty" or something like that.

You could just go with something like "Dedication" on the front, and maybe you could.............

Put "Time" on the left side, then.........

"&" on the back, then...............

wait for it......

"Patience" on the right side.

Yeah, I know, I'll stop. I do think Dedication or Determination might say more than having Natural. Just a thought.
    Hmmm... maybe I'll get two or three hats done

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    what you have done naturally is awesome. You should be proud
    Just not too proud to be content. I could still use much improvement in many, many departments.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

You've done amazing work man, definitely tons to be damn proud of. Let us know what you decide on the hat.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

So I did not injure myself snowboarding. Meniscus was definitely achey by the end of the night but suffered no negative repercussions and feels great now.

Diet has not been entirely on point. But there is a huge kicker to this... where there has been deviation, it has not been extreme and/or like I'm known for. I planned for friday to be pretty loose for the second half of the day and doubt I actually went more than 200-300 over my maintenance calories. I crashed at my buddies on friday night when we got back. Saturday after we were up they wanted to go to the grocery store and get steaks and potatoes for lunch... so I stuck around for that. Got me a big sirloin and 2 medium red skin taters but only had the appetite for 1/3 so just stopped. That's pretty good for me. By this point it was 2 hours before the steeler game was about to come on so I decided to just stick around there and watch it with my buddies. Next thing you know a few other people are showing up with miller lite and four loko (lol, had to try this before it got completely banned). All I have to say is that stuff is crazy, lol. I had fun... crashed there AGAIN. Sunday they tried talking me into staying for the other 2 playoff games but I had to pullout at this point.

Anyhow, sunday was back to some good clean eating without alcohol. I was 203 this morning and still haven't dropped below 202.

Got some solid back training in tonight. Worked up with the sumo DLs to a couple of sets of 405x2 then a backoff of 315x10. So that was tremendous considering my temperamental lower back, not to mention it wasn't bothered by my meniscus. Upper back volume was mildly abbreviated. Threw 2 sets of db curls 50x8 in towards the end. Bicep felt pretty good, not necessarily 100% but it continues to improve.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-17-2011 at 06:19 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Just not too proud to be content. I could still use much improvement in many, many departments.

We all can. Thats what separates us from the general public, and hell even 95% of gym goers.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

LuNa
    Sounds like a good weekend. We all have room to progress, but you came this far already. You can be proud of what you have achieved.

Sounds like a great weekend. Sounds like the body is feeling good and ready for whatever you throw at it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    We all can. Thats what separates us from the general public, and hell even 95% of gym goers.
    Hip hop zumba gym goers are that elite 5%

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    Sounds like a good weekend. We all have room to progress, but you came this far already. You can be proud of what you have achieved.
    I need to make "room to progress" claustrophobic

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Sounds like a great weekend. Sounds like the body is feeling good and ready for whatever you throw at it.
    It was, and it really is pleasing me how far I've recovered thus far. It seemed so grim just a few months ago. I'm almost completely unhindered from my leg injuries at this point (but that's not to say they're still not fragile and I should be stupid).

I was 202 again this morning. I took some shots of the back to see how it shows. Though even though there is almost no taper in this back dbl bi shot, its still actually shows quite some improvement in the lats. Even when I'm lean I've never been able to get that pose to do my lats any justice. I was pleased with the way my arms looked in the rear shot and it definitely shows the shoulder growth over the last 5 months but in my front shots I looked horrible. I definitely carry a ton of weight around my midsection but when I flex I can see separation of 6 abs right now... I looks like a huge pot belly fatass in this front shot but ohh well. I think I'm going to hit some cardio that I was NOT planning on doing today

Last edited by Behemoth; 01-18-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Looking like a BEHEMOTH!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

legs look awesome
    My Journal

Thanks John. Man am I hating that front shot.

Thanks Connor. I think otherwise but I appreciate the support.

I'm copying Ryan again and since training in a more simple manner but at a higher frequency is relatively inexperienced territory for me I'm still tweaking things around. I altered push day from the one I have been doing to switch planes of motion on a few exercises and may alternate back and forth every other workout. Like Ryan does I used an IC DB press this workout whereas the other press workout is a flat DB. I also switched the IC crossovers I normally do for cable scoops, and the standing lateral raises went to seated.

Chest, delts, mild tris, mild abs

cable rotator work

IC DB Press... (kicked my ass)
    40x12
    60x12
    80x6
    100x4
    115x6
    115x5
    105x7
    105x6 DS: 75x4
    100x7

Scoops
    40x12
    45x7
    40x8
    40x7
    35x8

CGBP Feet up. This also kicked my ass. I used to have such a good press on this but obviously not doing in for 4 or so months took it's toll. Oh well, I'm smart enough to know it's just neural as my triceps have in no way shrunk.
    135x8
    185x4
    225x2
    265x1.5 laugh
    245x3.5 laugh

Seated Lateral Raises
    20x12
    25x12
    30x12
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

Cable Crunches
    140x12
    140x12
    140x12

V-Bar Pushdowns
    95x11
    95x8

Other stuff Workout was okay. I've been faced with a massive decision about my future this last week. I've been going back and forth almost daily but just this morning I thought I had come to a definitive decision. It's not something I want to disclose at this time but it's definitely the most difficult decision I've been faced with in 24 years. For whatever reason it came back to me during my workout and I had an urge to take the alternate route.

Anyhow, it really kept me from being in the zone... this one could have been better if the mindset was there and I'm sure it will be better next time if for no other reason but that I'm slightly more comfortable and accustomed in the movements.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-18-2011 at 07:01 PM.

House Lannister
    Nice pressing as always Rory.

You have a tiny fuking waist. Shoulders, pecs, and quads definitely stand out the most.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    You have a tiny fuking waist. Shoulders, pecs, and quads definitely stand out the most.
    Seconded.

Like the session as well. Good to hear you are feeling good and best of luck with the decision. Im sure you will make the right one in the end.

So the sumo deads have been obliterating my groin muscles. Tuesday morning after I did cardio they felt like they were on fire. And then I woke up in the middle of the night with them achey terribly, had to take 3 ibuprofen's to get back to sleep. But anyhow, I gave legs an extra day and trained them tonight instead of yesterday. Nothing crazy heavy but a really great workout nonetheless. I'm starting to get the hang of BB hip thrusts, I worked up to a set of 275x10 which was still fairly easy. Definitely have 315+ in me but wasn't going to push it with the taxed groin. I'm pretty excited about this movement, it should definitely help my weak points tons. And also help other lifts excel where they should be instead of my quads always stealing the load.

I'm not happy with this photo either but it does me at least a little better justice than the one I posted a day or two ago.

Last edited by Behemoth; 01-20-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Traps from the other day

House Lannister
    Those shots are definitely much better.

Also...that back...

The time has come for my new journal!

- Finally to just be human. To live life for once. To not be bouncing from extremes. To hang out with friends year round. To be a person who is constantly challenging himself in ALL aspects of life. Not just the gym!
    Finally had a few moments to catch up on your journal. This, to me, is a great goal. From what I can gather, seems like we're pretty similar. I'm a bit of an extremist as well, very all or none personality, but I've found things to come along a lot easier now that I've realized life isn't just all black and white. And as far as challenging yourself, just gotta keep pushing, make sure you do SOMETHING each and every day to make yourself a better person than you were the day before. There's few things that are scarier than moving sideways through life.

Other than that, your numbers are very solid. Extremely thick back, and great mass on quads. What are those measurements last you checked? I dug for a bit but couldn't find a height for you, either.

Also, looking at your last push workout, how do you determine the amount of sets/rep sequencing of your exercises (seems a bit sporadic on first 3 exercises), exercise selection, and exercise sequencing (placing pushdowns after cable curls). Kind of curious to know how you structure your routine.

LuNa
    Traps from the other day

*Commence self-loathing*

Looking good dude!

What is your BF%?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Dude your looking good.

Also nice to see your going out and focusing on other things as well as the gym. That sounded like a good lads weekend....

It's not something I want to disclose at this time but it's definitely the most difficult decision I've been faced with in 24 years
    Whatever that is mate, good luck making the choice. Keep the work rate up doing good.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Those shots are definitely much better.

Also...that back...
    I still feel I look better than the shots show, but oh well. Thanks Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by KFeld View Post
    Finally had a few moments to catch up on your journal. This, to me, is a great goal. From what I can gather, seems like we're pretty similar. I'm a bit of an extremist as well, very all or none personality, but I've found things to come along a lot easier now that I've realized life isn't just all black and white. And as far as challenging yourself, just gotta keep pushing, make sure you do SOMETHING each and every day to make yourself a better person than you were the day before. There's few things that are scarier than moving sideways through life.

Other than that, your numbers are very solid. Extremely thick back, and great mass on quads. What are those measurements last you checked? I dug for a bit but couldn't find a height for you, either.

Also, looking at your last push workout, how do you determine the amount of sets/rep sequencing of your exercises (seems a bit sporadic on first 3 exercises), exercise selection, and exercise sequencing (placing pushdowns after cable curls). Kind of curious to know how you structure your routine.
    Hey Kyle --
    I'm 5' 8 1/2" but I usually round up to 5'9".
    They measure about 25" mid thigh and about 26" at my ham tie-in.

My workouts are very instinctual. It is somewhat sporatic but there are certain things I always do. I always reverse pyramid (after warming up). I train to complete failure on most exercises nearly every set. It's really a judgement call on the reps, but in general I shoot for my first set with the most overload to get at least 6 reps. If I don't get that I usually drop the weight for my next set. If I get 7, 8 or more in general I will keep using that weight until my reps fall under 6, at which time I'll lower the weight and repeat the process. I don't ever have a set amount of sets planned for each exercise. If I dropped the weight twice but I'm still really killing it with a ton force, power, and concentration I'll just keep going until I'm pretty much burnt out (and this may mean less sets of another subsequent exercise but thats fine, my exercises are pretty much prioritized with importance). I then move to the next exercise and repeat.
    I don't always do that with all exercises but I almost always do with my opening money maker selection.

The pushdowns were actually after cable crunches, not curls. And they were actually alternated in between sets with the crunches. Not supersetted, I took a little break. It was really saving some time there.

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    *Commence self-loathing*

Looking good dude!
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    What is your BF%?
    Hmm... I don't know, I haven't really given it a whole lot of thought or attention. Probably 13-14%

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Dude your looking good.

Also nice to see your going out and focusing on other things as well as the gym. That sounded like a good lads weekend....

Whatever that is mate, good luck making the choice. Keep the work rate up doing good.
    Thanks man, yeah I had a lot of fun last weekend. But it's annoying thats all my friends like to do though. All I ever get calls for is "yo dude, you coming to all you can eat wings tonight" "hey, we're going down to the tavern on saturday you should come" "hey man, you coming over for the game sunday? bring some some beer we're grilling out brats" etc etc etc!
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.

I hear ya on mates always drinking or eating crap all the time. That's why it can Be good to dip in every few months and live like that for a weekend, I normally find I train twice as hard after just to prove to myself I am different even though it is goodfun!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

I only asked about the BF% because it seems to be right where'd I'd like to get to and maintain. I'll start dieting around March.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal