The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    SOB. I had all but a word or two replied to all of these and windows update decided to restart me without warning. Bill gates is a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    Great news! Taking things to new heights for sure.

What's your plan for the next 3, 6, and 12 months? I know it's to diet while you have this extra time, but what about after that?

BTW your triceps look extremely LARGE on those presses.
    I start work again on the 14th and overtime will start somewhere around the 1st. My intake is varied but it's average is about 2k right now. I'll bump one week to 2400 (probably last week in feb) and then go to 2800 for the overtime. I foresee some weight gain just from bloat but really shouldn't go up in bf much I don't think. After that I'll likely taper down into some more cutting.

As far as longer term I want to try to alternate shorter periods of "bulking" and "cutting". I hate to put numbers on it at this point and it would really just be by visual decision but probably something like 8-10 weeks bulks 4-6 weeks cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Jealous of all that meet! 1.22/lb is dirt cheap too. I'm a fan of db band bench cool vid.
    Chevelle texted me the same thing but he wasn't talking about the venison. I guess he thought he saw me on a dirty website, I told him I have more class than that

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    Big as hell bro!
    Munky, thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    You look insane. Are you relaxed in that pic?

How many years have you been training again? Serious years?
    Not relaxed.

How longs kinda tricky, I'll do it like this --
    I'm 24 1/2
    Since I could walk I was always doing tons of pushups, pullups, situps, all that kind of stuff. I loved running, being active and finding ways to push myself. Pretty much an adolescents version of now. My school had a jog-o-thon each year where we would get sponsers to run laps to raise money for the school (I went to a private school) and in kindergarden I ran 26 laps around a college track in 45 minutes and got my class trophy lol.
    12-15 I started working out with weights but all wrong. Lots of crappy bench pressing, incline pressing, lots more pullups, curls etc. there was a leg x and leg curl on my old weider and I'd use it for the small amount of weight it could load also. all that sorta stuff
    at about 15 1/2 started to get serious. Joined a gym, started my first diet and cut maybe 15lbs. Right after that diet ended I started to bulk and I think my first journal on this site starts up "buying a gym pass is not buying results" or something like that.
    Obviously since then I've learned a lot and on the whole taken things more seriously as I've went. But I've still had years in the interim that would be of regression is "seriousness". Most of 2006 was pretty pathetic. I moved out of the house in may I think and partied a lot. Didn't really successfully diet that summer and also had my biggest lapse in training that fall when I completely stopped for 6 weeks during hunting season.
    So I guess 9 serious years now?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    no doubt about it, truly outstanding chest development. this will be an excellent spring and summer foryou

not surprised though that you ffelt that in your shoulders based on the positioning of the band. you were working against your delts
    heh, I noticed that too after watching the video. I'm essentially doing a lying front raise at the same time. I liked how that band placement kept me tucked and mimic'd more of a BB press pathway. I'll have to play around with getting the band around my upper back instead and see what I like best.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-06-2011 at 08:10 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Oh... how could I forget LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Probably going over to my buddies from some beers and good times during the game. Then I think another friend is driving us downtown to join in the rioting and couch burning and whatnot after we win number 7!
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-06-2011 at 09:17 AM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Legs
    5 minute spinbike warmup. Varying resistance.

One Legged Leg Press Left / Right
    100x10/10
    200x10/10
    300x10/10
    390x8/8
    390x8/7.5
    390x4/2.5
    300x12/12

Calf Raises on the leg press These were done alternating in between sets of one legged presses. Very slow negative, long pause on the bottom. explosing concentric with big squeeze up top (pretty much DC style)
    100x10
    200x10
    300x10
    390x10
    390x8
    390x8
    390x8

BB Hip Thrusts
    135x10
    225x10
    315x10
    315x8
    315x8
    315x8
    Did 335 last workout but dropped back down to 3pps to nail the depth and form. These were stellar and will up the weight again next workout.

Seated Leg Curl
    165x12
    180x12
    195x12

DB Lunges
    90x10/10

Seated Calf Raise same manner as the straight leg raises above
    85x9
    85x7
    75x9

Squats
    135x8
    185x8
    225x20

Notes Good workout. Some real young milf wants it, probably like 20 and her kid looks 3.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-07-2011 at 08:07 PM.

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=ror_e

That's beautiful. Like I said a while ago I haven't been specifically tracking my macros. I've simply been counting my calories and eating how I know how to. So today I recorded the food and portions I've been eating and it's exactly as I would have both predicted (macro wise) and pretty much strived for. If I were designing and planning a diet the only change would have been about 25g less protein and 25g more carbs.

House Lannister
    Solid workout.

You should link Tim to those hip thrusts. He'll need them when his Plenty of Whales bishes come over. I imagine some of those girls weigh bout 350.

Let me guess, you want me to wear posing trunks while I do them too? I'm onto you. Just let go. Ali called... she said you called her rory the other day... this has gone on too long. You need help.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Let me guess, you want me to wear posing trunks while I do them too? I'm onto you. Just let go. Ali called... she said you called her rory the other day... this has gone on too long. You need help.
    Intervention: WBB Edition.

LuNa
    Nice leg session. Lol @ the posing trunks .

LuNa
    Just a quick question. You were talking about refeeds in Scotts journal. What are some good foods that you use for your refeeds? I tried going with brown rice, but i had a hard time getting a big amount (300gr) of carbs in.

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    Just a quick question. You were talking about refeeds in Scotts journal. What are some good foods that you use for your refeeds? I tried going with brown rice, but i had a hard time getting a big amount (300gr) of carbs in.
    Soft pretzels dipped in spaghetti sauce FTW

Banned
    Oh... how could I forget LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Probably going over to my buddies from some beers and good times during the game. Then I think another friend is driving us downtown to join in the rioting and couch burning and whatnot after we win number 7!
    did you burn couches? i'm a big fan of destruction by fire, personally.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Solid workout.

You should link Tim to those hip thrusts. He'll need them when his Plenty of Whales bishes come over. I imagine some of those girls weigh bout 350.
    maybe they do... but at least im not pming rory for nudes

did you burn couches? i'm a big fan of destruction by fire, personally.
    I didn't. I ended up at another buddies for the first half for a few beers and chips and whatnot.
    I was a literal pyromaniac when I was younger. What's worse is I was a cubscout so I was always around it. I got in trouble quite a few times for burning weird ****.
    Strong resent is strong.

What's your email?

MILFS are great for fun, but make for poor long term partners. Take care of business, but don't get attached to the kid if you follow up. Oh, and pics or GTFO if you do!

Nice 20 rep squatting at the end of the workout too.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

I've had somebody ask me what I do for my traps on three consecutive workouts now (probably only because as I get a little leaner I tend to roll my shirt in more and more). Told them BB rows every time. Every time I got a what? Really?

And I got to use my hat tonight. Other than last saturday I hadn't trained at the Y for probably 3 months. An acquaintance came up and asked what the hell I was on. I happened to have it on backwards so just looked at him and underlined it with my finger. He said "yeah right man natural..." and then just kinda fumbled over his words and I think landed on monster or freak or something. Which is not the case either. Haters gonna hate.

Felt good to have some confirmation that I salvaged some of this fall and winter after some pretty big injuries and less than stellar training during overtime.

/arrogance
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.

House Lannister
    Your time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Oh, and pics or GTFO if you do!
    I will sharpie it on my palm as a reminder beforehand if it goes down

Banned
    I didn't. I ended up at another buddies for the first half for a few beers and chips and whatnot.
    I was a literal pyromaniac when I was younger. What's worse is I was a cubscout so I was always around it. I got in trouble quite a few times for burning weird ****.

Strong resent is strong.

What's your email?
    you actually want my email for purposes not including sending me pictures of naked men, yes?

you actually want my email for purposes not including sending me pictures of naked men, yes?
    I already have it. Should I delete it? I thought that's what email was for?

Banned
    just send them to ryan. i believe his avatar says it all.

Good job on leg day, I bet the 20 rep squats were tough at the end.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Good job on leg day, I bet the 20 rep squats were tough at the end.
    Thanks Brian. They weren't that tough considering I was pretty spent by that point. What I wasn't expecting was how flexible I was by that point. For years squats were my money maker and always the first exercise, it took me by surprise the different feel with everything so much more pre-loosened up.

I did them last week as my last set and they about killed me, haha.

I'm thinking about doing them again this week, but maybe do them at the end like you did.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Crazy squats man. I don't think I've gone over 10 reps in at least a year.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

I've had somebody ask me what I do for my traps on three consecutive workouts now (probably only because as I get a little leaner I tend to roll my shirt in more and more). Told them BB rows every time. Every time I got a what? Really?
    (taking notes...)

How do you manage the volume you work with? Did you start with that volume when you got serious or work up to it? Do you ever take a week off?
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat