Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

I really, really wish I had some periods in my training better documented, like before and after spring '08 when I made my biggest jump in volume, probably 175%. I don't have any physique pictures really documenting the transformation (because I looked like absolute **** prior to spring 08) but I pulled up a couple of regular pictures. You can't tell just how big the transformation was because I'm in clothes in the first two, but believe you me when I say it was huge. The best I could come up with was a picture in august 2007 showing just what little muscle I had in the arms, shoulders and chest even at about 10%. The next one is I think January 2008 showing just how fat I was (look at my gut even in the dark shirt, blurred out the face because I look like a re tarded deer in the headlights) with really not much more muscle than a few months prior that summer, just a lot more fat. The third picture is in june 2008 about 4 months of dieting with very high volume, now back to about 7% but astoundingly more developed than 10 months prior the last summer, no? high volume for me

I don't want to hear anybody crunching numbers and saying they show little increase in muscle. If I was as depleted from dieting in the first pic as I was in the last I'd be 155lbs at the same 10%

august 07. probably 175 @ 10%
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...7littlefat.jpg

Around new years 08 - around 195 @ 18%
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ani08fatty.jpg

june 08 - about 168 @ 7%
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...9/summer08.jpg
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    Nice tatas in the 1st pic.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Nice tatas in the 1st pic.
    Not so much. Just some chick at a party... looks like an even uglier verison of jwow without the tits IMO.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Nice pics buddy.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

House Lannister
    That last pic is so sick. That's a crazy difference really.

That last pic is so sick. That's a crazy difference really.
    X2, huge difference!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Thanks guys.

Something crazy happened last night...

I had a dream I crushed a DL PR. Thats crazy because I don't really care about these things. But since switching to sumo I've found it to be a lot more accomodating for me an I've felt a lot more powerful with it, and consequently somewhat exciting to think one of my weakest lifts may have a little room to grow. Since I've started pulling again the last 6 or 7 weeks (with a prior lapse of about a year without any consisting use of deads because of back flare ups) I've only been able to train it maybe 4 times. In large part because I have a leg day that comes up every 4-5 days, and with hip thrusts it has made it so that back day has to fall just right to feel ready for it. Plus I've had extremely taxed groin muscles and terrible shin splints from some extended runs late last month and earlier this month. But today it feels like everythings fallen in place today and I feel 100% in the lower back and legs. Shoulder pain is pretty much gone and bicep feels very good also. Gonna see if dreams come true tonight...

Note that my PR is only 425 I think for a single, it might have been a double I can't remember. So a PR is really not a big deal... I by all accounts should be able to pull appreciably more than that I would think.

Gonna see if dreams come true tonight...
    Hell yeah bro, go get it!!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page

Best geared meet @ 242

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

I have doubt a man with your mindset will smash any PR you wish. Go get it mate.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

House Lannister
    In before 600lb pull.

I want vids when this goes down. And you better be oiled up and wearing your posing trunks.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    This kid goes 130-140lbs and thats 365

Have you seen this? Some people are just born to squat.

Sometimes you just gotta play with some heavy singles and doubles, even if there's no "need" to do them. I've been squatting much heavier than I need to, but I just want to do it.

Do what you feel, and you feel good, so rock the weight!
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post

You ain't kidding, that was pretty impressive. He looked like he didn't weigh much either.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page

Best geared meet @ 242

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

looking huge! I like how you chain on weight. I might start doing that with rows. Did you just go to a local HD and ask them to cut them for you?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Hell yeah bro, go get it!!!!
    Thanks! Got a little but not everything I wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    I have doubt a man with your mindset will smash any PR you wish. Go get it mate.
    /fail. Definitely not every PR I wished. But I'm still young, plenty of time to grow and get 'em down the road!

In before 600lb pull.

I want vids when this goes down. And you better be oiled up and wearing your posing trunks.
    Laugh (and not oil and posing trunks comment). Vids in a moment!

That's pretty nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    Sometimes you just gotta play with some heavy singles and doubles, even if there's no "need" to do them. I've been squatting much heavier than I need to, but I just want to do it.

Do what you feel, and you feel good, so rock the weight!
    I think deadlift singles and doubles have more application than any other 1x or 2x for a bodybuilder. It can be fun to just see what you're made of every now and then even if it doesn't have application I do agree!

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    looking huge! I like how you chain on weight. I might start doing that with rows. Did you just go to a local HD and ask them to cut them for you?
    Thanks Connor. The cuffs are from APT wrist straps and the chain yep I just picked up the chain from home depot it was only a few bucks for it and a couple carabeaners. Just think of all the weight you'll be able to hang from stack machines too! In before cables snapping and membership revoked.

Got lotsa media coming up in here. Gimme a few minutes to get some uploaded and my workout logged!

Mixed bag workout Legs and back were both ready to be trained. Though my shoulder felt 100% all day today I still want an extra day or two before pushes and pulls. So I trained legs + deads (which are normally on back day).

Sumo DL
    135x10
    135x10
    185x6
    225x2
    275x2
    315x1
    365x1
    405x1
    435x1! (+10#)
    455x miss. I though I would have this maybe 465 today, oh well
    455x miss. not happening
    425x1
    315x15

BB Hip Thrusts
    225x10
    315x10
    365x8! (plus 30#)
    365x8!

Leg Press Done regular (dual legged) as opposed to single legged as I have been
    4pps x 10
    6pps x 10
    8pps x 10
    9pps x 3.5

Strt legged rotary calf machine DC style, long slow negative, long pause, explosive positive with hard squeeze up top
    55x12
    55x10
    55x10
    55x8

Seated Calf Same style as above
    90x5
    80x8
    80x7

Notes Oh well, can't win 'em all. I should be very happy for any PR into dieting and I am!

You're ideally what I want to look like no homo. theres some good **** in here
    "Take the slow road - don't be the guy "bulking" and "cutting" and "dieting". All of these things fail. It's about a lifestyle."- Jim Wendler

My Log
    http://last.fm/user/dechrizzle
    http://doomisloomis.tumblr.com

House Lannister
    Vids naow.

Excellent pulling Rory. Now let's take it easy on the outdoor HIIT on pavement this year, eh?

Awesome pullin Rory, very nice PR. Congrats.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Now for a segment I would like refer to as "People of Beaver County Gyms". Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking....

Like this guy on the right... you can get a pair of sweatpants for $10. No need to wear the wranglers that you've been working on the farm in all day dude!
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...212_195940.jpg

Or this guy... this is what you call a bulking /fail. I know this was a failed attempt at bulking because this guy cut his cape all the way down to the navel... you don't do that by accident! He put on 70lbs and his bench probably went up 50. Consequently he developed a dysmorphic complex and is completely unaware that his waist is over 40" and exposed for all to see
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...212_195950.jpg

Ahhh, and finally. My greatest disappointment of night, even more so than the missed pulls. I walked in and this "beauty" was on an eliptical at the far end of the gym. I was pumped, I always have good workouts when there are fine chicks present. I was crushed when I started to get into some heavy sets on the deads and she showed up doing some cable curls nearby and I realize she was a tremendous but-her-face. Mega, mega dissapointment.
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...212_185822.jpg

And finally when I was doing hip thrusts a chick asked if anyone was on the decline bench next to me. She would have been really, really good looking if she wasn't an obvious insecure attention whore. She had a really beautiful face and a very, very nice body but unfortunately it was distorted by a large rose tattoo mid thigh right on the quad (very unappealing, I hate tattoos). Also had brown hair (which I tolerate) but had red highlights throughout. And when I say red I don't mean a natural red, I mean punk red. And finally she had buddy holly glasses (always a deal breaker). I wasn't able to get a pic, I'll try to if I see her again. I don't understand what girls like that are thinking, she would have been very attractive with a little class and style. Poor girl
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-12-2011 at 07:24 PM.

I could have edited these shorter and cut out the psych up... but that's the most entertaining part! LOL

Last edited by Behemoth; 02-12-2011 at 07:25 PM.

House Lannister
    Lol you've got some mad dancing going on before you lift. I do the same thing just not as openly haha.

You shoulda fuked the punk girl. Bet she's a freak.

Nice work and good job on the PR!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page

Best geared meet @ 242

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Congrats on the pr. I'm really surprised you didn't have the 455 It looked like it was going up.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    No need to wear the wranglers that you've been working on the farm in all day dude!
    Hey now...I've done that
    I get a lot of carry over from my tight Wranglers...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!