The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Rory, just finished watching the vids, and I'm gonna just put the "no homo" clause out there in big red bold letters, it applies to the entire post.
    The amount of work you do, and the body that you've built is such a damn inspiration to me. Coming in here and reading the stuff you do, and the amazing progress you've made then seeing the videos, and watching you actually do the work, and seeing the actual progress, it's completely awesome to see. You've done a hell of a job sir, thank you for being here on WBB and for helping others like myself find the way to accomplish what it is we're searching for.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    rory, pics and vids look great. i actually remember when you threw up that 2008 <10% a couple years back. hard to believe so much time has passed since. the lower back must be feeling outstanding for you to attempt a dead max.. youre such a creeper hahah. snapping pics and commentary of the randoms.

i dont like tats either.. but i'm a big fan of skanky women. cant help it

Quote Originally Posted by dechrist View Post
    You're ideally what I want to look like no homo. theres some good **** in here
    Thanks man, I really appreciate this. It's always nice to have new comers stop by. You've pulled off one hell of a transformation yourself. Now just a few years of quality eating with that same effort you've put forth and you'll be wherever you want to be bro!

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Vids naow.

Excellent pulling Rory. Now let's take it easy on the outdoor HIIT on pavement this year, eh?
    Lol. Pavement sprints FTL

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Awesome pullin Rory, very nice PR. Congrats.
    Thanks Mark, even though it's not big and lots of guys who have never trained could walk in the gym and pull this, it really felt good considering how limited my DL training can sometimes be reduced to.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Lol you've got some mad dancing going on before you lift. I do the same thing just not as openly haha.

You shoulda fuked the punk girl. Bet she's a freak.
    Right there in the gym?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Nice work and good job on the PR!!!
    Thanks Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Congrats on the pr. I'm really surprised you didn't have the 455 It looked like it was going up.
    I was suprised with how it looked in the vid honestly. When I was pulling it I felt like an eternity trying to break it from the ground, then it felt like it only traveled one maybe two inches. I was pulling for a pretty long time before it came up, maybe if I could have exerted more effort initially instead of wasting not moving the bar I coulda had it. Oh well, you won't ever catch me claiming to be an adept puller! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Hey now...I've done that
    I get a lot of carry over from my tight Wranglers...
    LOL! These weren't tight though, just dirty. He had no excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Rory, just finished watching the vids, and I'm gonna just put the "no homo" clause out there in big red bold letters, it applies to the entire post.
    The amount of work you do, and the body that you've built is such a damn inspiration to me. Coming in here and reading the stuff you do, and the amazing progress you've made then seeing the videos, and watching you actually do the work, and seeing the actual progress, it's completely awesome to see. You've done a hell of a job sir, thank you for being here on WBB and for helping others like myself find the way to accomplish what it is we're searching for.
    Mark, this post gets to me man. Thank you. I'm just a guy without a life who has spent too much time in the gym year after year and consequently stumbled across it. Nothing great about it, just a man and his hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    rory, pics and vids look great. i actually remember when you threw up that 2008 <10% a couple years back. hard to believe so much time has passed since. the lower back must be feeling outstanding for you to attempt a dead max.. youre such a creeper hahah. snapping pics and commentary of the randoms.

i dont like tats either.. but i'm a big fan of skanky women. cant help it
    Thanks Tim! Back in general has felt mostly good. The sumo DL has so much less stretch on my lower back it feels a thousand times better on it. And creeper for sure lol. Ima regularly include my "people of beaver county gyms" segment. You guys are all in for a treat!
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Awsome pull mate awesome!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Looking forward to more People from Beaver threads...
    Now if you could get a picture of hot older chicks in tight Wranglers, that would be a bonus.
    Last edited by Off Road; 02-13-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Congrats on the DL PR. Enjoying the Beaver County section, lol.

Wannabebig Member
    That hip thrusting movement was interesting. Looks like you are training to ****. A really heavy girl. (Which is something I am not going to do anymore.)

Btw, you're physique is pretty close to what I would consider my ideal body man! Impressive stuff... Bet you notice a huge difference in how people perceive you now, compared to years ago when you started?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Awsome pull mate awesome!
    Thanks Kiff

Looking forward to more People from Beaver threads...
    Now if you could get a picture of hot older chicks in tight Wranglers, that would be a bonus.
    There's werewolf at that regularly frequents my other main gym... Ima try and capture that beast soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    Congrats on the DL PR. Enjoying the Beaver County section, lol.
    Thanks brother! Expect further installments of it!

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreFatChix View Post
    That hip thrusting movement was interesting. Looks like you are training to ****. A really heavy girl. (Which is something I am not going to do anymore.)

Btw, you're physique is pretty close to what I would consider my ideal body man! Impressive stuff... Bet you notice a huge difference in how people perceive you now, compared to years ago when you started?
    To get a fat chick in bed you really have to have a lot of force, mass, and acceleration.

Thanks about the physique comment. Peoples perception is all about presentation. If I feel I look good I'm confident and will be perceived well. Unfortunately when your aspirations are physique oriented as oppose to strength something as little as bad light or a couple pounds of water can completely mind-**** you and your confidence. And nobody perceives an insecure person well regardless of what they look like.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    To get a fat chick in bed you really have to have a lot of force, mass, and acceleration.

what are you trying to say

what are you trying to say

Banned
    well

for the record, i have banged only 1 girl i would rate below a 6.0 on the bb.com/misc scale. she was a little chunkier but a very pretty face and i was blitzed. she gave the best bj ive ever had and was also easily the tights vaj ive encountered. the bj was incredible and, therefore, the whole encounter was justified in hindsight. there were fatter ones i would have plowed but it wasnt meant to be and i did not. ahem

well

for the record, i have banged only 1 girl i would rate below a 6.0 on the bb.com/misc scale. she was a little chunkier but a very pretty face and i was blitzed. she gave the best bj ive ever had and was also easily the tights vaj ive encountered. the bj was incredible and, therefore, the whole encounter was justified in hindsight. there were fatter ones i would have plowed but it wasnt meant to be and i did not. ahem
    lol. strong explicit content is strong

Nah I only made the joke because of the whole POF experience you posted I find hilarious. I have no doubt you do very well for yourself and have the ladies of your choosin'.

On a completely unrelated note. I have a ****-ton of fat on my back... lower AND upper. Still, I see a TON of added lat from this little clip, with that and the delt I know I've added I should have a real solid taper when my waist is about 3" smaller. I was very pleased with my erectors from this also.

Now I just gotta wait til next gaining season and smoke the hell out of my legs twice as hard as I did lats this year to makeup for this half wasted last six months of injury.

Last edited by Behemoth; 02-14-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Was that psyche up for the 435 DL vid real-time speed? If so, that walk pace was absolutely freaking incredible. The pull looked decent, too . I'm sure 500 will fall by end of summer if you start bulking by then. And the back lat spread looks impressive as always. Where was the front lat spread?!
    Last edited by KFeld; 02-14-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Looking good!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by KFeld View Post
    Was that psyche up for the 435 DL vid real-time speed? If so, that walk pace was absolutely freaking incredible. The pull looked decent, too . I'm sure 500 will fall by end of summer if you start bulking by then. And the back lat spread looks impressive as always. Where was the front lat spread?!
    Yeah it was realtime lol. I do crazy bounce arounds like that all the time and rarely ever realize it until I watch video of me lifting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Looking good!!!
    Thanks brian. Need more legs. needs less fats.

Quote Originally Posted by KFeld View Post
    Where was the front lat spread?!
    *sigh* Fine... clipped outta the same vid

I wrote a big spiel but deleted it. Gist of it was I'm pretty speculative of results in a good way. I'm not entirely sure where my increased success has come from over the last 6 months (considering injuries and a month and half of going through the motions workouts during 72hr/wks). I'm not 100% ready to publicly claim the supp has been the difference but I'm definitely starting to speculate if there is some great increased synergy between the included ingredients when taken together consistently. Since it went on sale I decided to grab 4 more jugs and really hope I can concretely validate it by when these run out. Unfortunately giving a supp a true run for it's money takes so, so long to really accurately assess IMO. I'm really hoping my suspicions are confirmed because in retrospect, if things go like they have for the duration of this orders supply I'll probably never drop the supp. Cross fingers.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-15-2011 at 03:56 PM.

I started taking results two days ago. I had to see for myself if it's all it's cracked up to be. All I can say so far is, it's delicious when mixed 1 scoop Results and two scoops Nitrean.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Pull that 455 next time and don't quit. You had that one in you for sure. With how quick 435 went up you are a lot closer to 500 right now then you think.

Just get under the bar!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Pull that 455 next time and don't quit. You had that one in you for sure. With how quick 435 went up you are a lot closer to 500 right now then you think.
    Ya, if you go straight to the 455 I think you'd have it. That 435 went up QUICK. Your back is looking sick too. Nice work!

I started taking results two days ago. I had to see for myself if it's all it's cracked up to be. All I can say so far is, it's delicious when mixed 1 scoop Results and two scoops Nitrean.
    Why just one scoop results?

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Ok will do. It seemed like it was on the ground forever before it broke loose. I really have no skill in the movement and my body doesn't know how much power to exert where. I will definelty benefit from the practice of pulling regularly if my back holds out. Any other critique I'm open too also, hands or stance too wide, too narrow, hips too high, too low, if you see anything you think I might be doing poorly or may be better served to try certainly suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fanelli View Post
    Ya, if you go straight to the 455 I think you'd have it. That 435 went up QUICK. Your back is looking sick too. Nice work!
    I may have I may not have, not totally sure myself. I went into the gym that day really thinking that I had 455 or 465. But having never pulled over 425 (and even that being a coons age ago) I just couldn't bring myself to attempt more than a 10# max for the first attempt. Trying 445 or 455 off the bat just seemed too sure of myself and foolish having only pulled a couple times lately.

Push & Abs

IR & ERs
    15x12
    15x12
    20x12
    20x12

DB Press
    55x12
    65x12
    85x6
    100x4
    100 + red band x 11.5! (+3.5rep)
    100 + blue band x 5! (+ whatever the resistance difference between a red and blue band is)
    100 + red x 8
    100 + red x 7 DS: 100x3
    100x8 (3:1 tempo)
    100x8 (3:1 tempo)

Kinesis one fly
    140x10! (+10#, +2.5rep)
    140x7
    130x10
    130x8
    110x11

Seated Lateral Raises
    30x12
    40x10
    40x8
    35x10
    35x8

V-Bars
    120x7 RP +3 (stack +95)
    95x12
    95x6.5

Hammerstrength plate loading crunch
    25x12
    50x12
    70x6
    50x10
    35x12

other Blue band were fun. Hell of a jump though.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-15-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Front lat looks great, going to be sick once you cut up and the waist comes down. Also, your gum chewing rate is also ridiculous. Do you take some jacked up pre-workout or are you always that energetic? You just look like you're ready to explode at any moment (before someone says it, I know that's what she said).

House Lannister
    Some heavy lateral raises. Good stuff.