Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Why just one scoop results?
    I put one scoop in my morning shake and one more scoop in my post workout shake.

Nice dumbbell work. I was completely humbled by the dumbbells when I tried to use them for shoulder presses. They make a lift completely different.
    Last edited by Off Road; 02-16-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Nice pressing with the band work. If your blue band is an average band like mine that is nuts! Where did yo get your bands from? And lol @ gum chewing rate haha.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by KFeld View Post
    Front lat looks great, going to be sick once you cut up and the waist comes down. Also, your gum chewing rate is also ridiculous. Do you take some jacked up pre-workout or are you always that energetic? You just look like you're ready to explode at any moment (before someone says it, I know that's what she said).
    It's not the chewing gum rate, it's just the strange faces I make when improvising some posing. I don't know why, but I made the goofiest faces when I stand in front of mirror pose something think of something else to pose and then half ass it. When I was practicing quarter turns and mandatories and taped myself I didn't really do it, I kept a solid jaw because I had somewhat of a plan. Makes me think... I really hope I don't do that **** ANY OTHER TIME I'm winging something. In before someone sees me at walmart deciding on log cabin or aunt jemimiah sugar free making the same faces

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Some pretty mild lateral raises. Good stuff.
    ftfw

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I put one scoop in my morning shake and one more scoop in my post workout shake.

Nice dumbbell work. I was completely humbled by the dumbbells when I tried to use them for shoulder presses. They make a lift completely different.
    Ah I see, makes sense! I humbled by bb's if I switch to them, takes a few weeks to really acclimate over.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Nice pressing with the band work. If your blue band is an average band like mine that is nuts! Where did yo get your bands from? And lol @ gum chewing rate haha.
    APT. I have these three here http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/29540

The weights are listed as:
    #2 Band (red) 1/2 in. 10-50 lbs.
    #3 Band (blue) 1 1/8 in. 25-80 lbs.
    #4 Band (green) 1 3/4 in. 50-120 lbs.

I have no clue if that is measured off of one band or two. I assume two, but considering I'm using one band and stretching on both ends you would think that would be the same as two if not even more resistance. But I also don't know at what distance that top out weight (80lbs) is measured. It's pretty damn tough to gauge but when I just put the band around my back and press I'd say the red feels in the vicinity of 30-35lbs at lockout and the blue feels like 60-70lbs at lockout.

It's definetly a different feel. A good feel, I really, really enjoy the explosive power you have to exert to press the weight all the way through and also how much more effort is required to keep them coming back down clean.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    GIFSoup

You should try out for ABDC.
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 02-16-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Banned
    so did you get log cabin or aunt jemima. i always like log cabin

also.. were you able to get the band higher up on your back this time around? might dabble in some bands once i can get things going again. bands are now trendy

That recent workout looks perfect. I love the exercise selection and weight and rep selection.

When you're not where you want to be BF% wise you always just want to show the back shots! It's easier to hide the back fat rather than the ab fat.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

I look like I fought edward scissorhands and lost. I had surgery today to excise 4 lipomas from my arms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoma). I never knew being put under could be so much fun. They told me I'd be out pretty quick once they hooked the anesthetic into my IV. I've never done any drugs at all but the last thing I remember was laying in an operating bed feeling like John Travolta in pulp fiction after he shoots heroin and is driving the down the highway in the convertable. Then I woke up and asked them something to the effect of when they start and they said they were done... still 3/4 out of it they're pushing me down the hall and I have this bigass smile on my face smiling at all the nurses.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

GIFSoup

Still practicing

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    so did you get log cabin or aunt jemima. i always like log cabin

also.. were you able to get the band higher up on your back this time around? might dabble in some bands once i can get things going again. bands are now trendy
    Yeah I've been a faithful log cabin sugar free buyer for years actually.

I got them slightly higher but there was still a good downward pull. I think I would need a partner to hold band up around the top of my lats until I rolled back.

Mad trendy, bitches be gawkin at the baller with the bands

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    That recent workout looks perfect. I love the exercise selection and weight and rep selection.

When you're not where you want to be BF% wise you always just want to show the back shots! It's easier to hide the back fat rather than the ab fat.
    It was a "DE" sort of push day. Really it was really long with too much downtime. It was at the crowded ass YMCA and between waiting for equipment and too many conversations I would have like to have been more in the zone and busting out more sets before fatigue set in.

And yeah, I just hate that light. It shows muscular development very well and is stellar when I'm very lean. But until then it really extrapolates the fat that most other light shows.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-16-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Banned
    nice. glad all went well with having a general anesthesia. i had 1 surgery a few years ago w/ a general and they gave me demerol to reduce presurgery anxiety. it was AMAZING. possibly best feeling of euphoria ive ever felt

GIFSoup

That is pretty cool!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    nice. glad all went well with having a general anesthesia. i had 1 surgery a few years ago w/ a general and they gave me demerol to reduce presurgery anxiety. it was AMAZING. possibly best feeling of euphoria ive ever felt
    I think that's what I had too. And that pretty accurately describes how I also felt. In reality I was probably still conscious for about 5-10 minutes from when I started to feel it, it just kept getting more happy and enjoyable. My body wanted to go to sleep so bad but I remember loving the feel so much I didn't want it to lol.

Oh yah. I was supposed to bring a driver with me too because I wans't allowed to drive home afterwards. I must have been asked 6 times throughout the day who was with me and I kept telling them nobody I was going to call for a ride (but planned on just driving home if I felt fine). I did feel fine to drive but when they brought me back out to the lobby the nurse was like "wait here then points over to the administrator or whatever at the desk and was like don't try and leave because she'll call me if you do". I did call for a ride but about 10 minutes later she left the room and I bounced and txted my ride not to bother.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Ya my Blue bands are from apt as well I've never tried band db bench with the blues I usually use a monster mini or a light band. Maybe I'll have to try the blues now haha.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

LuNa
    That last session looked good. Im thinking about getting some bands as well after seeing you and Thomas have fun with them.

Good to hear your surgery went well.

House Lannister

Looking good mate, getting put under is fun
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

I just now remembered before I dozed off in surgery that I was playing 20 questions about the vital sign monitors they had my hooked on and watching the lines. I remember the nurse commenting on my resting HR being 53 and that being very strong. This after 3 straight days of very taxing workouts.... overtraining my ass!

I'm going to leave myself a note to get in the habit of recording this every morning. It would have been really interesting to have watched it over the years... damn.

House Lannister
    I just now remembered before I dozed off in surgery that I was playing 20 questions about the vital sign monitors they had my hooked on and watching the lines. I remember the nurse commenting on my resting HR being 53 and that being very strong. This after 3 straight days of very taxing workouts.... overtraining my ass!

I'm going to leave myself a note to get in the habit of recording this every morning. It would have been really interesting to have watched it over the years... damn.
    Didn't Kuclo and Harris say something about you can tell if you are overtraining by your resting heart rate or something like that? Or was that a different vid...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Ya my Blue bands are from apt as well I've never tried band db bench with the blues I usually use a monster mini or a light band. Maybe I'll have to try the blues now haha.
    whats a monster mini and a light band?

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    That last session looked good. Im thinking about getting some bands as well after seeing you and Thomas have fun with them.

Good to hear your surgery went well.
    Bands are a blast for db pressing. I've messed around with them on other lifts but something about how much control it evokes out of you in this movement is really fun. Being put under was too. They gave me a vicodin scrip which I think was outrageous because I didn't even have enough pain to merit one ibuprofen. I filled it anyhow to save for any real injuries down the road

yeah, that was a good series

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Looking good mate, getting put under is fun
    I wish I could sleep like that every night!

Didn't Kuclo and Harris say something about you can tell if you are overtraining by your resting heart rate or something like that? Or was that a different vid...
    You have an elevated RHR if you're overtraining. I trained pretty big the previous three days and actually needed two off (somewhat rare) and still had a 53 RHR. Maybe it could have been lower had I had a rest day prior!... but my point is I've trained like this for years now (constantly in the state of what many would considered run down enough to be "overtrained") and my RHR is 53? I call BS to even when I think I'm close to my limits. Makes me really want to ramp up the volume like mad! Maybe after overtime!
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-18-2011 at 08:45 PM.

I've been off training since tuesdays push session now. that's three straight days of rest for me. I feel really great atm. I'll go in for legs tomorrow and hopefully follow that up with some pull on sunday and some push on monday and hopefully the my wounds stay shut with a pump (serious because that's a big concern right now, letting them get healed enough that I'm not constantly breaking them apart taking 10x longer to heal).
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-18-2011 at 08:48 PM.

I've been off training since tuesdays push session now. that's three straight days of rest for me. I feel really great atm. I'll go in for legs tomorrow and hopefully follow that up with some pull on sunday and some push on monday and hopefully the my wounds stay shut with a pump (serious because that's a big concern right now, letting them get healed enough that I'm not constantly breaking them apart taking 10x longer to heal).
    Yeah man, I'd be careful with the lipomas. I've had like 7 lipomas removed, and I need about another 4 more removed... but I had to took a few days off too, but had to go light for my first few back because I could still kind of feel it not being ready. Last thing you'd want is to restart the healing process over again and have to lose another week.

Quote Originally Posted by KFeld View Post
    Yeah man, I'd be careful with the lipomas. I've had like 7 lipomas removed, and I need about another 4 more removed... but I had to took a few days off too, but had to go light for my first few back because I could still kind of feel it not being ready. Last thing you'd want is to restart the healing process over again and have to lose another week.
    Yeah I actually still have more but they don't bother me at this point/can't see them just feel them. I have another pretty big one on my oblique and one on ham and a real little on my tricep itself. They're annoying ****ers, I'm sure I'll probably have more down the road too as their genetic and have to have this done over again. That's fine though it was fun lol.

Got a much needed whoosh in fatloss yesterday. I was noticing some changes in the legs over the last week, especially the glutes and hams but yesterday I finally some midsection fat move, still soft though.

This is pretty much where my mini cut is going to end. I've been back to work since monday and in 2 weeks will be on six 12's. My plan was to go up 500 cals this monday and then another 500 the following monday. Outage work is really difficult to diet with though, I may have a day where it's pretty easy and we're sitting around for a lot of it waiting for clearances to go to work and only have little short bursts of work but there are also times where I'll be stuck in containment (no food) for maybe 9 or 10 hours. And most the time you don't really know how your day is going to go so you can't plan to eat a big meal because you're not going to eat again for a long time. It makes it a real pain stick with a real consistent eating pattern but I'll make the best of it.

Here's a shot at 197 this morning

I never show them because I haet them

I'm really far from OCD for most things but one thing I've always been weird about is stockpiling things I regularly buy. I have like 3 cans of shaving cream, 20 replacement razor blades, at least one or two extra bottles of shampoo all that stuff. Same with food that doesn't expire anytime soon, I always have a backup tub of oats and bottle of SF syrup, always have extra meat or chicken or fish. Supplements are no exception for me.. and I really go overboard with them lol. I look at it like this, if I have a very extended supply of things a lot of the time things will go on sale before I run out and I can just buy a lot more again saving me money. Plus with shipping it helps out too. I just got my order of 4 tubs of results in and had to pull everything out of my storage cupboard to see it all lined up lol. Half of this stuff is seldom used stuff. There's a couple containers of creatine, about 4 different preworkouts and I usually don't even train with them, some walmart whey and protein bars, gatorade, and one of those nitrean tubs is malto. The regular stuff out there is xtend, novus, results, nitrean and sci-fit bcaa I sometimes add to shakes. It's pretty much the same deal up in my room with my multis, fish oil, cal/mag/zinc, d, c, chromium, melatonin etc etc.

Last edited by Behemoth; 02-19-2011 at 10:28 AM.

That's a good stockpile of supps. Must have cost a small fortune in shipping. I bet Chris had fun putting that order together.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!