Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

Banned
    when the zombie apocalypse comes to be, i'm staying at your place

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    when the zombie apocalypse comes to be, i'm staying at your place
    you watch the walking dead?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    negative. i canceled my cable because comcast is still analog in south florida, somehow

That's alot of supps, I only have 2 tubs of Nitrean, 2 tubs of Results, and 2 tubs of BCAA+ in my house. I think you got be beat!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Looking great mate, that is a huge amount of protein.... Add up all the calories i bet it is HUUGE!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

That updated pic looks solid for sure. You actually look very symmetrical in that front shot, very important to have!

Your supplement supply is crazy. I've sworn off of the supplements, or at least the overuse of them. Since my income is $0 I try not to spend $$ on anything other than protein powder.

I will probably get some creatine mono as my contest prep carries on. If I recall you and Paul stated I should stay on it last year, so I'll probably introduce it into my prep after I order some.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

negative. i canceled my cable because comcast is still analog in south florida, somehow
    comcast blows. It took them 5 trips to get my cable hooked up at my current place and two or three times since it's gone out during programming I really wanted to watch (at least once during a steeler game).

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    That's alot of supps, I only have 2 tubs of Nitrean, 2 tubs of Results, and 2 tubs of BCAA+ in my house. I think you got be beat!!!
    I don't mess around!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Looking great mate, that is a huge amount of protein.... Add up all the calories i bet it is HUUGE!
    I was thinking about that not too long ago. I probably have 30,000+ grams of protein in my apt with the venison, the stockpiled supps and then just all the other food too lol. The world may end but I won't atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    That updated pic looks solid for sure. You actually look very symmetrical in that front shot, very important to have!

Your supplement supply is crazy. I've sworn off of the supplements, or at least the overuse of them. Since my income is $0 I try not to spend $$ on anything other than protein powder.

I will probably get some creatine mono as my contest prep carries on. If I recall you and Paul stated I should stay on it last year, so I'll probably introduce it into my prep after I order some.
    I used to put little value in supps in my early days. Figured whey was the only thing worth buying and even so hardly did back then. Obviously a lot has changed with me since then. I made a post a few days ago about believing results was in large part to attribute my inexplicable good turn out for this year with all things considered. It occurred to me also that this was my first off-season supplementing with BCAAs and I'm wondering if perhaps that was in large part responsible also. It's just peculiar that after a few pounds of fat has been stripped off I'm seeing some really great improvements this year that I didn't think I had. Diet may have been mildly better (though less extreme than last year), training was overall a good bit poorer considering injuries and work. So I'm really tempted to point my finger at supps. Who knows, it's pretty hard to narrow it down to one or two things.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

House Lannister
    Looked sick in that pic Rory.

Some Legs

Squats
    Bar x 12
    135x12
    135x8
    185x8
    245x20
    265x15 damn
    225x20
    225x20

Rotary calf ala DC style
    62.5x10
    62.5x8
    62.5x7.5
    57.5x7
    57.5x6.5

Seated leg curl
    165x8
    150x10
    150x10

Seated Calf DC style
    95x6
    80x8
    80x7

Some notes Couldn't keep my HR down during the squats. I waited about 6 or 7 minutes between the 245 and the 265. I should have had it but two things made me hang it up, one was I was wearing out cardiovascularly and two was my lower back was getting pretty pelted. It's been a while since I've squatted more than a set and I do feel the posterior work I've been focusing aided me today. I rested more like 8-10 minutes in the subsequent sets and even then my HR was over 150 before unracking it... unreal. I probably could have got the 265x20 if I gave myself a few more minutes before getting under it.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-19-2011 at 08:36 PM.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Conditioning on squats is unreal. Especially with how you're just getting back to them, excellent work. I'm looking forward to seeing your leg growth progress.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Conditioning on squats is unreal. Especially with how you're just getting back to them, excellent work. I'm looking forward to seeing your leg growth progress.
    Thanks Thomas, I'm greatly looking forward to it myself and just keep praying I stay healthy/continue to improve health wise so I can train them with some much needed intensity when I go to growing again.

I don't mess around!
    I see that, lol!!!!

Killer volume on the squats.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    you watch the walking dead?
    My brother's buddy played one of the cops. Not the lead guy, but the sidekick.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

wow, looking killer in that picture. Your stockpile is great.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    I see that, lol!!!!

Killer volume on the squats.
    I wasn't real pumped prior to going in for this one, I had it planned for a few days and was somewhat dreading it. Now that it's over I can't wait to throw one of these in the mix again down the line, maybe even a few more sets if I can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    My brother's buddy played one of the cops. Not the lead guy, but the sidekick.
    That's pretty badass. It'd be even more badass if you could hook me up with a zombie extra role!

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    wow, looking killer in that picture. Your stockpile is great.
    Thanks man. Yeah gotta be prepared!
    Last edited by Behemoth; 02-19-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    I'm really tempted to point my finger at supps. Who knows, it's pretty hard to narrow it down to one or two things.
    I wish I could experiment more with supplements. I actually would prefer to do it the way that you are; buy more than just a 1 month serving, but enough to really test the product out and have a legitimate opinion on it. I would love to try a lot of supplements, but I just can't justify it by purchasing a good deal of supplements and then paying the $ ($100+) to enter into each contest. Last year I experimented with Arginine, BCAA's from Optimum Nutrition, and Beta-Alanine. Not sure if I spent my $ wisely, I'd change my choices this time, but I don't think I can spend the $ on it.

When I finally become a tax paying citizen again I'd love to experiment with more BCAA's, and RESULTS again. Have you tried the ETS from ALN? I thought that would be a good supplement to use during the contest prep.

I am thinking of buying some BCAA's for the latter part of the diet, have you liked EXTEND? If I buy something I want to make sure I'm spending my $ wisely.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 02-19-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Banned
    scott whatever you do, dont buy primaforce BCAAs. the taste is SO bad. i just had some and i'm still making a bitter face 4 minutes and change later

rory, whats your timeline for dieting to completion? are you going to attempt another competition?

Rory, you are an ANIMAL with those squat. I am very impressed!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    I wish I could experiment more with supplements. I actually would prefer to do it the way that you are; buy more than just a 1 month serving, but enough to really test the product out and have a legitimate opinion on it. I would love to try a lot of supplements, but I just can't justify it by purchasing a good deal of supplements and then paying the $ ($100+) to enter into each contest. Last year I experimented with Arginine, BCAA's from Optimum Nutrition, and Beta-Alanine. Not sure if I spent my $ wisely, I'd change my choices this time, but I don't think I can spend the $ on it.

When I finally become a tax paying citizen again I'd love to experiment with more BCAA's, and RESULTS again. Have you tried the ETS from ALN? I thought that would be a good supplement to use during the contest prep.

I am thinking of buying some BCAA's for the latter part of the diet, have you liked EXTEND? If I buy something I want to make sure I'm spending my $ wisely.
    I have not tried ETS. I've wrote it off as bunk but I did with results too so I probably will try it before long just to see. I've been pleased with xtend yes. I've tried BCAA+ but I can't acclimate to the taste, everybody else seems to enjoy it but to me it tastes like dimetap. I also have sci-fit unflavored BCAA. It's not 2:1:1 but (it's actually higher in leucine which could be arguably better than 2:1:1). I use 7g of it and 10.5g (21 total gram xtend) worth of xtend BCAA in my workout gallon. It's a little cheaper than xtend so saving me two scoops per workout slowly adds up.

scott whatever you do, dont buy primaforce BCAAs. the taste is SO bad. i just had some and i'm still making a bitter face 4 minutes and change later

rory, whats your timeline for dieting to completion? are you going to attempt another competition?
    I don't have a specific timeline. I bump cals up by 500 tomorrow. Then another 500 in either one or two more weeks (to accommodate for overtime hours). After OT is done I'll surely taper back down to more dieting. How much is going to depend on what I look like at the point and how long it's worth going for. Ideally I would diet to about 7-8% taper up for 1-2 months max and 11-12% and pretty much alternate. It's something I've never done and not sure how well I'd be able to, but I would like to try.

No competitions!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Rory, you are an ANIMAL with those squat. I am very impressed!
    Animal status is 20 reppers that actually heavy. AKA 315-350 you animal!

Banned
    Looking good in here...

If I could look like the way you look now, year round, I'd be happy.

Question...

For ectomorphs, do you think it would be beneficial doing a 1 month cut? I plan to gain to about 245 pounds, then see if I can cut 10 pounds in a month. I noticed that during the week I had the flu, I lost about 4 pounds, and my stomach was so flat and I actually saw muscle. I would like to be able to look like that during summer...I don't want to get down to below 10% or anything. Somewhere in the 13-15% range and I estimate that I am about 17-18% now.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Looking good in here...

If I could look like the way you look now, year round, I'd be happy.

Question...

For ectomorphs, do you think it would be beneficial doing a 1 month cut? I plan to gain to about 245 pounds, then see if I can cut 10 pounds in a month. I noticed that during the week I had the flu, I lost about 4 pounds, and my stomach was so flat and I actually saw muscle. I would like to be able to look like that during summer...I don't want to get down to below 10% or anything. Somewhere in the 13-15% range and I estimate that I am about 17-18% now.
    Thanks mike. Yeah I think it's beneficial. You lose the most rapid fat earlier on in a diet and you gain the most clean muscle earlier on in a bulk. I think tweaking to shorter alternation or throwing in brief diet spurts that are counter intuitive to your primary goal at hand (more mass) could serve one better long term.

60 reps of squats over 200LBS

What the F*** are your legs made of. Rory you never fail to impress.

That is FANTASTIC work.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Thanks Kiff.

Pom Wonderful commercials piss me the **** off. They put some untrained dark skinned greek looking guy in a black and white commercial with good light that makes him look like he has maybe 7lbs of trained LBM at 18% and claim he has a body as solid as bronze (false) and that some stupid ass pomegranate juice somehow aided in this imaginary body (false) all the while as some morgan freeman sounding mother****er narrates it to sound like a breakthrough more important than a cure for cancer

It's constantly on around here but if you haven't seen it -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1cLQBQTzkM

Some back tonight. One of the slower workouts I've had in the last few months. Probably partially because I went in planning to take it real easy to not aggravate my healing wounds. They seems to be fine (though I still used straps the whole workout to try to reduce any forearm pump). Wasn't terrible or anything but the intensity and focus I'm capable of. Most sets I probably could have got my mind together and got some more reps.

Here's a shot of my legs taken this morning with the pump from last nights workout. The light's really washing them out. About 196.5 in this. Strong VM's, everything else could use work to match upstairs.

And here's some good light getting my curl action on. When polled, 94% of the people questioned answered that most 5 star weeks begin with a bicep pump.

Banned
    wheels are solid. i look forward to the day i'm curling more than aerobic bands again

so if youre not going to compete.. are you ever going to diet down like you did before? i do it for vanity. but if i didnt care.. i dont know what i'd do. eat cheetos and drink chocolate milk, probably
    Last edited by f=ma; 02-20-2011 at 06:43 PM.