The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    engineering? Your smart and jacked. You suck. Haha. Hope the shoulder is healing up.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Good luck for your studies Rory, never a bad choice mate.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Your smart and jacked. You suck. Haha.
    He's got the brains, the brawn, and ............. the beauty. Too much?
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

LuNa
    Good job at getting into summer school. Getting more education is a smart move.

Glad to hear you got the shoulder looked at. Hope the results are good.

R1 is an amazing (looking) bike. Sole reason i want to get my license is being able to drive that bike.

Thanks for the support guys.

Here is the news on the MRI follow up -- I have a small labral tear. The doc and I discussed options but the choice was very clear in my mind very soon. Without surgery it will never fully heal. And while it is not painful or limiting in daily activities really at all, unfixed it will always be limiting in the gym. So I am having surgery.

In reality this is actually good news. It's been two months and it has not improved with my own rehabbing it. My biggest fear was that I was going to go in today and the doc was going to tell me to do just that (more rest and rehabbing) for a few months before we consider surgery.

So I went down the hall yet again for some more scheduling. In another stroke of good luck the availability gods shined on me again. The lady asked when I wanted to have it done and I said as soon as possible. She poked around and said how about next tuesday. I thought that was pretty quick and was very happy with that date so she started scribbling down info and then wrote down the date of tomorrow by accident. She started to fix it and I joked and said tomorrow works too. Wait for it... she looks up and says "you can do tomorrow?". She checked with the doc and called up the medical center and they're able to get me in. So my road to recovery starts tomorrow!

I'm also ecstatic at being put under again.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-02-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    Dude, that fucking sucks. I am sorry for that. What were your symptoms? Was it a sharp pain or a weakness feeling? Reason I ask is because I have had nagging left shoulder ache and weakness for the last 2 years...it always gets worse after heavy squatting and the pain runs down my arm.

Good news about the scheduling though...

Did he mention how long you will be out for? What are your plans to try to maintain some of the muscle?

They got you in super fast. Best of luck!!! My knee surgery is this Thursday

Question:
    Why are you happy to be put under again?
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Banned
    i'm guessing you researched this doctor and trust him to do this well. good luck man, thats an unfortunate turn of events but hopefully seeing a cutter will get you back in gear.

i got demerol via IV one time and it was.... AMAZING.
    Last edited by f=ma; 05-02-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Dude, that fucking sucks. I am sorry for that. What were your symptoms? Was it a sharp pain or a weakness feeling? Reason I ask is because I have had nagging left shoulder ache and weakness for the last 2 years...it always gets worse after heavy squatting and the pain runs down my arm.

Good news about the scheduling though...

Did he mention how long you will be out for? What are your plans to try to maintain some of the muscle?
    It's not that bad. I've accepted it may limit me in the future and lots of rehab, and extra work for it will be in the cards from here on out and I'm ok with that.

There were not a lot of symptoms. I think it started with doing DB presses with bands that were too low. That was when I first felt the slight ache. There has not been any real pain just a real minor twinge articulate it in certain fashions that has not felt "right".

Doc said I would be in a sling and very stiff for I think a week or two. After that physical therapy for I believe he said two months. How long it will be before I can lift heavy again I have no clue. I'm not worried about it.

Muscle loss? I've probably already lost lots. I'm not worried about it. It's been built once it will come back very easily when the conditions are right, that's not really a concern right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    They got you in super fast. Best of luck!!! My knee surgery is this Thursday

Question:
    Why are you happy to be put under again?
    Yes, very fast. What is the procedure you're having done? Normally I hate the site of needles and even being in a DRs office I get white coat syndrome everytime and my BP hikes. I'm just a sissy like that. But when I had surgery to remove some lipomas a few months ago and the hooked the anesthesia up to my IV I suddenly saw why people get addicted to drugs. It was probably the most relaxed, euphoric, and pleasurable minute or two of my life as I fought the urge to nod off. Then, seemingly a second later I was awake and asking the DR when the surgery started. He laughed and said you're all done. As someone whose pretty straight edge and never dabbled in drugs it was an experience very foreign to me which I had no plan of ever intentionally replicating recreationally.

now brb scoring some china white real quick

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Banned
    I second that on the drugs LOL. Best part of surgery is waking up and getting pumped with morphine. Then getting oxy codone for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i'm guessing you researched this doctor and trust him to do this well. good luck man, thats an unfortunate turn of events but hopefully seeing a cutter will get you back in gear.

i got demerol via IV one time and it was.... AMAZING.
    What I found was limited. I was able to find that his malpractice cases were all settled out of court except for 1 so there was probably just some big misunderstanding in the other eleven cases but I guess that one in court was about a hip surgery where the lady lose complete use of her leg but I'm not having hip surgery so that couldn't happen to me anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    I second that on the drugs LOL. Best part of surgery is waking up and getting pumped with morphine. Then getting oxy codone for a month.
    They gave me vicodins for the pain afterwards last time that I still have. I took two of them one time for a back flare up but I really don't understand what's so desireable about them. I felt a little warm and maybe a little more relaxed... but hell, a dip of copenhagen does more for me than that. And with the acetaminophen content you'd be retarded to take anymore than one or two.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-02-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Banned
    nice sounds like you did your research. a settlement doesnt necessarily imply a misunderstand as much as it implies he f'ed up during surgery and paid them. but i mean.. if he does 200 surgeries per year, practicing 10-15 years, 11 malpractice suits... thats pretty solid i think.

oxy is so much different from vicodin. while it can be paired as 1 drug with tylenol i am pretty it can be the opiod by itself. i had some tylox's for severe headaches a long time ago and it was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    They gave me vicodins for the pain afterwards last time that I still have. I took two of them one time for a back flare up but I really don't understand what's so desireable about them. I felt a little warm and maybe a little more relaxed... but hell, a dip of copenhagen does more for me than that. And with the acetaminophen content you'd be retarded to take anymore than one or two.
    I view certain pain killers the same way. I am not sure the difference between each type, but I recall taking one for some type of pain and felt minimal effects.

I am happy to hear that there is a sense of closure to the mystery of your shoulder issues.

From here on out the only hope is that everything heals nicely over these next few months.

I have a feeling that you will be one of those quick healers.

You will be ready to rock and roll by the fall time with everything physical.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

I'm having my ACL reconstructed and possible my meniscus repaired. I tore it on April fools day, lol. This will be my second time going under, my first time I was somewhere around 4-6yo, I can't remember...so I'm not sure if that really counts, lol. Even though I still remember being in the OR and they asked me what flavor I like, grape or root beer, and then all of a sudden...lights out!!!! I still can't believe I remember that, but I do.

Your not alone, I'm a sissy when it comes to doctors also. I'll sit down for hours and get a tattoo, but once the doc pulls out that needle I bitch up, lol.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

That's awesome man the sooner you can get in the better. When did you injure your shoulder? Don't remember reading what happened.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Everybody's getting injured. Hopeful for a speedy recovery.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Great news that you can get in this quick. Good luck with the operation and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Best of luck for the operation.

Thanks for the support again everybody.

I haven't been on much since because finding a way to prop my arm up to my computer has been pretty difficult. I've gained a little mobility since and the pain has receded some in the last few days so hopefully in a few more I comfortably manage to be on the computer get back to a few more journals and posts.

Banned
    Thanks for the support again everybody.

I haven't been on much since because finding a way to prop my arm up to my computer has been pretty difficult. I've gained a little mobility since and the pain has receded some in the last few days so hopefully in a few more I comfortably manage to be on the computer get back to a few more journals and posts.
    So how long until rehab?

LOL go buy a shake weight and use it on your good arm while you heal.

House Lannister

do it again and you get an infraction. srs

joke

Everything will work out.

The last time I was on painkillers for 3 months was after I fractured my left heel.

The moron doctor prescribed extra-strength Excedrin the first night. When I woke up my roommate at 3 am after screaming bloody murder, I told the doc the next day, "You're going to give me the good shit and I am not taking no for an answer." Can't beat hydrocodone.

Now go get healed soon!
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

All the best for a speedy recovery mate.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

do it again and you get an infraction. srs
    Did Chevy get one? I can do it for you if you are afraid of him?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!