The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Hope you heal up fast Rory. Any idea on a timeline?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Heal up fast bro!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Banned
    heres to a speedy recovery!

Wish you the best as you go through this ordeal Rory.

The hell with all these injuries going around, I'm blaming WBB for it. Bastards. Hope everything goes well Rory, here's to a speedy recovery.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Just found your journal Behemoth, I actually read the entirety of the 28 pages. I feel that I really really really relate to the very first post you made in this journal. I think I went through / am going through something extremely similar. Anyway, great training, great dedication.

Wish you the best in a speedy recovery.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    Just found your journal Behemoth, I actually read the entirety of the 28 pages. I feel that I really really really relate to the very first post you made in this journal. I think I went through / am going through something extremely similar. Anyway, great training, great dedication.

Wish you the best in a speedy recovery.
    You wanna read the best damn journal here?

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/arc.../t-129425.html

Rory was insane in that journal. Progress was nuts. VERY awesome to read.

Banned
    Literally just read every page of both this and that journal...good shit.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 05-13-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Hey thanks for the comments and encouragement from all since last I checked in this dusty old place.

Yesterday was two weeks since my surgery and I had my follow up appointment on monday. Wasn't much too it, they took out the stitches and basically just asked how I was doing then told me I could start physical therapy. I also get to take my arm out of a sling when I'm at home and I don't need to sleep with it strapped to my side anymore so the last two nights were much more comfortable.

Pain is pretty much disposed of unless I move it wrong. Mobility has seemed pretty good and I can do normal things with it, open doors, pour ceral. My first physical therapy appointment was today and it was basically just an assessment. I lucked out big time because three of the therapists were dudes and of the other three that were women only one wasn't portly weeble wobblers. I don't know if this women has kids or not but shes definitely a milf if she does. blonde hair, green eyes, about 5'5" I'd say 120lbs size 2 and 32-34d. Maybe therapy won't be so tedious after all.

Anyhow, she seemed extremely surprised and impressed with my mobility and range of motion. I was well past all the markers for abduction, internal rotation etc etc that the doctor had written out to work towards for 4 weeks so she actually cut back my session and I only have to come 2x a week until I can start getting into some more movements. I guess because right now I'm still in the "healing phase" and it's too risky to start certain movements, but I don't necessarily need moved about and carefully evaluated quite so closely since I guess I'm already ready for them by mobility standards.

Must be the insane amounts of fish oil I've been taking. I also upped my fat intake and am eating slightly above maintenance. Roughly isocaloric. Weights been around 195 but I look shittier than I did at 217. Flat muscles with no pump is a little bit of it but I'm sure atrophies set in by now over these last two months as well as true bodyfat has crept up making me pretty messy. But recovery is more important than aesthetics at the moment. I will recreate myself later this year and probably start a new journal when I get back into the gym gradually.

Schools started and I made a bigass mistake taking a 6 week expedited algebra course. It's been probably since my sophomore year in high school 10 years ago that I had any real math and this teacher is flying because the course is only 6 weeks long. Class time is basically pointless because the second I have to think about something and how she came up with an answer shes already two problems ahead so I have to go home and teach it all to myself anyways. Pain in the ass and takes about 4 hours a day between class time and home studying just for that one course, but fortunately it will only carry on 6 weeks instead of 12 or 18 or whatever the hell the other ones are.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-18-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Hey thanks for the comments and encouragement from all since last I checked in this dusty old place.

Yesterday was two weeks since my surgery and I had my follow up appointment on monday. Wasn't much too it, they took out the stitches and basically just asked how I was doing then told me I could start physical therapy. I also get to take my arm out of a sling when I'm at home and I don't need to sleep with it strapped to my side anymore so the last two nights were much more comfortable.

Pain is pretty much disposed of unless I move it wrong. Mobility has seemed pretty good and I can do normal things with it, open doors, pour ceral. My first physical therapy appointment was today and it was basically just an assessment. I lucked out big time because three of the therapists were dudes and of the other three that were women only one wasn't portly weeble wobblers. I don't know if this women has kids or not but shes definitely a milf if she does. blonde hair, green eyes, about 5'5" I'd say 120lbs size 2 and 32-34d. Maybe therapy won't be so tedious after all.

Anyhow, she seemed extremely surprised and impressed with my mobility and range of motion. I was well past all the markers for abduction, internal rotation etc etc that the doctor had written out to work towards for 4 weeks so she actually cut back my session and I only have to come 2x a week until I can start getting into some more movements because right now I guess I'm still in the "healing phase" and it's too risky to start certain movements but I don't necessarily need stretched about and carefully evaluated quite so closely since I guess I'm already ready for them by mobility standards.

Must be the insane amounts of fish oil I've been taking. I also upped my fat intake and am eating slightly above maintenance. Roughly isocaloric. Weights been around 195 but I look shittier than I did at 217. Flat muscles with no pump is a little bit of it but I'm sure atrophies set in by now over these last two months as well as true bodyfat has crept up making me pretty messy. But recovery is more important than aesthetics at the moment. I will recreate myself later this year and probably start a new journal when I get back into the gym gradually.

Schools started and I made a bigass mistake taking a 6 week expedited algebra course. It's been probably since my sophomore year in high school 10 years ago that I had any real math and this teacher is flying because the course is only 6 weeks long. Class time is basically pointless because the second I have to think about something and how she came up with an answer shes already two problems ahead so I have to go home and teach it all to myself anyways. Pain in the ass and takes about 4 hours a day between class time and home studying just for that one course, but fortunately it will only carry on 6 weeks instead of 12 or 18 or whatever the hell the other ones are.
    TLDR.

Post pic of therapist and I may reconsider.
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 05-18-2011 at 03:29 PM.

JC...

I was about to leave my computer but thought " you know what, I better write 'in before pics or GTFO in my journal before somebody else does ' "

Looks like I didnt make it in time
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-18-2011 at 03:34 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    JC...

I was about to leave my computer but thought " you know what, I better write 'in before pics or GTFO in my journal before somebody else does ' "

Looks like I didnt make it in time
    lol.

It's good to hear you're ahead of schedule.

I eagerly anticipate 2012 Competition Journal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    lol.

It's good to hear you're ahead of schedule.

I eagerly anticipate 2012 Competition Journal.
    Ditto

Glad it's looking good for a great recovery.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Glad it's all going well Rory.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

That's awesome news to hear that you're already ahead of schedule Mr. Behemoth. Looks like you have a mission with a therapist to accomplish as well lol. Hope all continues to go well!

Feel better man! Hope the time flys by.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

LuNa
    Good to hear things are going better than expected. Looking forward to seeing you back at it.

Banned
    bump hows it going

House Lannister
    In b4 R6.

Rev video.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    bump hows it going
    mobility yesterday was stellar and very little pain. Today I woke up with a very prominent pain right were it was before surgery. I'm praying it because of yesterdays physical therapy session and it being hopefully just DOMS (if cartilage can even produce the effect) and not me sleeping on something wrong and fucking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    In b4 R6.

Rev video.
    I have old neighbors. Maybe if I know they're gone, but even I hate white trash idiots who sit in their driveway and rev their vehicle.

But yeah, picked up a new bike yesterday. I know I said I was looking for an r1 but i came across probably the one exception to me sticking with a 600. i've been in love with 06-08 r6's since they came out, they're not the same as prior generations. In 06 they kept producing the original r6 and renamed it to the "r6s". they then introduced an entirely new r6 which is pretty much meant for the track... everythings revamped it's a badass machine that I think is the highest reving production sportbike in history and IMO the best looking sportbike of any generation ever. even earlier generationl r6's are animals, but this one will put it to shame all over, especially in the twisties with the suspension and weight reduction. not to mention this ones got mad money into it and in flawless condition. full exhaust system, power comander with custom dyno tune some brake uprgardes. TONS of visual and accent work, custom leather seats etc. too bad i can't ride it for probably at least a few more weeks!

blah blah. anyhow here's a pic. it's an 06 special edition raven r6
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-24-2011 at 11:29 PM.

LuNa
    That thing looks so sick!

Rory sweet ass looking bike man. Don't die...please? You answer far too many of my noob questions. Hope all is going well and recovery and hope the pain subsides.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Impressed with the new bike!!