Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

Banned
    awesome bike! i have always wanted to get one. i think my death would come shortly thereafter though...

Liking the bike a lot! I like the name too, Raven is very fitting to it. Hope the shoulder heals up quick so you can get out on that thing.

House Lannister
    Is that version the ridiculous track version or no?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    awesome bike! i have always wanted to get one. i think my death would come shortly thereafter though...
    They are dangerous no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    Liking the bike a lot! I like the name too, Raven is very fitting to it. Hope the shoulder heals up quick so you can get out on that thing.
    Ya, raven edition was the special two tone gloss/flat black. This has so much red accent work done to it I think I'll call it the hell-raven. I just found it has 6 red underglow led's on a toggle switch, looks absolutely sick with them on at night.
    There's a shit load done to this thing the guy didn't even list in the ad or tell me about that I keep finding, nice suprises.

I sure hope the shoulder heals up quick too. While yes I want to ride like hell I also want to lift like hell and all the while look like hell. hell!

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Is that version the ridiculous track version or no?
    Yii-ess
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-26-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    think of all the bar trash you can tow with that

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    They are dangerous no doubt.

Ya, raven edition was the special two tone gloss/flat black. This has so much red accent work done to it I think I'll call it the hell-raven. I just found it has 6 red underglow led's on a toggle switch, looks absolutely sick with them on at night.
    There's a shit load done to this thing the guy didn't even list in the ad or tell me about that I keep finding, nice suprises.

I sure hope the shoulder heals up quick too. While yes I want to ride like hell I also want to lift like hell and all the while look like hell. hell!

Yii-ess
    Okay, the LEDs are fucking awesome. Looks like some shit out of TRON I bet.

think of all the bar trash you can tow with that
    ha ha. I bet. But I never drink and ride, thats a death ticket
    Okay, the LEDs are fucking awesome. Looks like some shit out of TRON I bet.
    Yeah it looks pretty awesome. Still haven't ridden it yet.

Shoulder feels very, very good lately. Though I'm still skeptical and a little worrysome, I feel pretty confident that onset of pain last week was from the physical therapy. Yesterday and today it's been very, very much improved. So much to the point that I can replicate most gym movements (like a press, a curl or a fly) with fully flexed tensed muscles and most it doesn't bother it. Top portion of an overhead press motion still does as well as some pain when I reach across my body like when putting on deodorant.

I want so badly to be back in the gym and feel good about myself. It's really depressing to fall apart and not be able to identify yourself. I realize this is a good experience for me because even if I do fully recover and get back in the gym 110% there will still come a time where my decline is inevitable. It's taking a big toll on me mentally to start to fade into just an average looking human being.

I've tried to not let it bother me and just focus on what I can for the time being. Schools been going pretty well. The extra work I've put in with my studies have kept me mostly occupied. That math course that was daunting in the first couple days I've finally studied ahead enough that I know what the teacher is talking about during class. I actually got a 99% on my first test and have a 99.3 for the first 1/3 of the course now down.

I can't wait to ride my bike and will probably do so later this week. Sitting on it doesn't bother my shoulder and I'm feeling like riding it wouldn't either but want to be safe. It will probably be a very good (mental) therapy for me during my low times when I feel less than my best.

I'll be moving again at the end of august and need to start looking for a new place. Hopefully my shoulder is strong enough to handle a lot of moving.

I understand this journal is less a lifting journal anymore and more a emo, lame notebook in your nightstand type journal and I apologize for anybody stopping in expecting to see some real updates. I hope everyones training has been top notch and hope to be right back there logging with all of you before long.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-29-2011 at 09:51 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Shoulder feels very, very good lately.
    Glad to hear.

Congrats also on the 99% test score.

LuNa
    Its still good to hear that everything is going well. Congrats on the 99.3, thats awesome!

House Lannister
    ha ha. I bet. But I never drink and ride, thats a death ticket

Yeah it looks pretty awesome. Still haven't ridden it yet.

Shoulder feels very, very good lately. Though I'm still skeptical and a little worrysome, I feel pretty confident that onset of pain last week was from the physical therapy. Yesterday and today it's been very, very much improved. So much to the point that I can replicate most gym movements (like a press, a curl or a fly) with fully flexed tensed muscles and most it doesn't bother it. Top portion of an overhead press motion still does as well as some pain when I reach across my body like when putting on deodorant.

I want so badly to be back in the gym and feel good about myself. It's really depressing to fall apart and not be able to identify yourself. I realize this is a good experience for me because even if I do fully recover and get back in the gym 110% there will still come a time where my decline is inevitable. It's taking a big toll on me mentally to start to fade into just an average looking human being.

I've tried to not let it bother me and just focus on what I can for the time being. Schools been going pretty well. The extra work I've put in with my studies have kept me mostly occupied. That math course that was daunting in the first couple days I've finally studied ahead enough that I know what the teacher is talking about during class. I actually got a 99% on my first test and have a 99.3 for the first 1/3 of the course now down.

I can't wait to ride my bike and will probably do so later this week. Sitting on it doesn't bother my shoulder and I'm feeling like riding it wouldn't either but want to be safe. It will probably be a very good (mental) therapy for me during my low times when I feel less than my best.

I'll be moving again at the end of august and need to start looking for a new place. Hopefully my shoulder is strong enough to handle a lot of moving.

I understand this journal is less a lifting journal anymore and more a emo, lame notebook in your nightstand type journal and I apologize for anybody stopping in expecting to see some real updates. I hope everyones training has been top notch and hope to be right back there logging with all of you before long.
    tldr

rev video

Keep your head up Rory. It will heal and you will be feeling better both physically and mentally.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I will attempt better. But this goes to show I am trying to get a pic/vid of therapist. If she'd have turned around with my phone pointed at her Id'a been busted bad. But I know, weak video is weak. Will do better.

For Ryan bc he asked
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-31-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Banned
    good attempt, i can see the posterior is solid. on the 0-1 scale, i would say that is a 1

good attempt, i can see the posterior is solid. on the 0-1 scale, i would say that is a 1
    lol at the 0-1 scale, that's about right though. I tried again for you today. There was a gap in the curtain for the room so while I had the heating pad on my shoulder I let my camera roll pretending to be tapping it and doing something on it. They heat it for 10 minutes and I about gave up hope but just about 9 and half minutes later she walked by lol.

I will still do you one better and keep on attempting though. In before Scott calls me a strong creeper/before Scott is right.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 06-06-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Lol at what my journal has become.

Banned
    I am laughing so hard at my desk right now. That is awesome...trying to sneak a pic of said therapist then she walks by and maybe takes up .3 seconds of the video. Good shit man, made this last hour at work a little easier. Ridiculous shenanigans ftw.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 06-06-2011 at 02:45 PM.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Lol at that vid. Where did you go?
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Lol at that vid. Where did you go?
    I'm here, nursing this shoulder. They actually cut me loose from physical therapy last Thursday. Therapy is in now in my hands. It's still far from 100% but from my understanding way ahead of schedule for most labral tears. My last physical therapy session they had me doing light bicep and shoulder work (as both have insertions in the labrum) and moderately heavy back and tricep work.

Even being conservative I do still feel more capable at most exercises than allowed in therapy, but will still be cautious. I was allowed to do overhead presses and worked from I think 10lb DBs to 25lbs ones. I wasn't allowed any horizontal presses so will likely start with some 10lb presses (maybe from the floor). Biceps they were pretty crazy about me curling anything. It was strange because I worked my way up to somewhere are 150lb pulldowns which they weren't concerned about but they were freaking out when I wanted to jump from fifteen pound curls to twenty pound curls. I was a little perplexed because the heavy rows and pulldowns I was doing had far more bicep strain then a 25 pound curl.

Anyhow, physical therapy is now in my hands. I'm unsure whether I want to do an upper body rehab session and a lowerbody workout or go to a more normal split of a push/pull/legs (with the first two being mostly rehab).
    I may not make it into the gym until thursday for my first independent rehab session as I have day and night classes on tuesday and wednesday.

Speaking of classes it's been a load so far. My math class that was a condensed course (15 weeks worth of material in 6 weeks) finished up a week or two ago so that's been a MAJOR load lifted off of me. On week 4 out of 6 we had only made it 1/2 of the way through the course so the final two weeks had me doing about seven and half weeks worth of math in two weeks. It was a pain in the ass, literally 7-8 hours a night worth of crunching numbers and equations, etc. Got my grade back from that and it was an A, my math (no pun intended) tells me it was a very high A near 100 but I didn't receive the percentage on my grade report (just letter grade).

Still a pretty big load from some other courses. Namely a stupid ass public speaking course I never took for my other degree. This course pisses me off. I hate public speaking and am no good at it. But this teacher is crazy about it for it being a pre-req class. Every week I have to give a 6-8 minute speech on a researched topic. The equivalent of 6-8 page research paper each week with an outline and whatnot. Obviously that doesn't seem like that much work compared to what some of the bright minds around here have done but both writing and composing my thoughts is painstaking process for me. So that class has been quite a burden. I'd rather have cold hard 'yes or no' grading material than subjective/interpretive academics.

Might as well update everything in here. That bike I bought is amazing but I ran into a major stress factor this less weekend. I decided to do some routine maintenance on it (oil change, plugs, air filter clean, throttle body synchronization, and valve adjustment) that ended up turning a 6 hour job into a 4 day job. When I was checking my valve clearance several of them were slightly of specification. I re-shimmed and adjusted them but made a wrong calculation so I took it back apart to re-adjust them. When I went to reassemble it I was tightening on the camshaft cap bolts [and due to a piece of garbage torque wrench I own] I stripped one of the bolts out. I was still well below the specified torque on my wrench and it spun out on me (learned a lesson to never use a junk torque wrench again). Really my only option was to completely pull the engine and take the head off to a machine shop to have to re drilled/tapped (or heli-coil it myself). Either way it required pulling the engine. I ended up finding a killer deal on a whole new complete head but decided to put together my current one for a temporary fix until I get all my new parts gather. Get this -- I actually decided to reinstall my current components as is (because really, if I do any damage it's going to be in the head/valve-train which I'm already planning to replace soon). I actually put JB-Weld on the stripped out bolt and threaded it back in. It was only supposed to be tightened to 7.2 ft/pounds. Put it all back together and it's running solid for the time being, I'm hoping to do a head replacement in the time between summer and fall classes.

That's a summary of what I've been up to. Overall my shoulder feels pretty damn good. I went from being 40-50% sure of it 3-4 weeks ago to being about 80% sure of it these last 2 or 3 weeks. I'm still not sure what permanent limitations it will pose on certain exercises (especially any sort of chest press) but hope to make the best recovery possible. I may be banished to a lifetime of floor pressing but that's better than no pressing.

I hope to log again soon and hopefully will start a new "re-creation journal" here soon. That is likely what I will name it -- "behemoths re-creation"

House Lannister
    I hear ya on the torque wrench difficulties.

When I used to race pedal bikes, a lot of the screws and clamps would have a specific torque limit due to the carbon fiber attachments, which made it VERY important to get the torque right or else a possible spontaneous failure could occur. Needless to say, it was a pain in the ass.

Journal on IM.

Lol'd at the videos you creepy mofo.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Lessons learned, always spend money on a good torque wrench. Good to hear things got sorted and you're doing well man.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I will still do you one better and keep on attempting though. In before Scott calls me a strong creeper/before Scott is right.
    I am only about 40 days behind on this journal, but damn you need to get back into the gym because you are definitely in STRONG creeper mode. Quit while you're ahead my man, quit while you're ahead. (Although, I can tell that she has lots of potential, but .3 of a second is lame if you are going to creep.)

If I had all of those GIF's like Ryan I'd have one up here for you, but unfortuneately I don't have one.

2nd post coming...
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 07-15-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Speaking of classes it's been a load so far. My math class that was a condensed course (15 weeks worth of material in 6 weeks) finished up a week or two ago so that's been a MAJOR load lifted off of me. On week 4 out of 6 we had only made it 1/2 of the way through the course so the final two weeks had me doing about seven and half weeks worth of math in two weeks. It was a pain in the ass, literally 7-8 hours a night worth of crunching numbers and equations, etc. Got my grade back from that and it was an A, my math (no pun intended) tells me it was a very high A near 100 but I didn't receive the percentage on my grade report (just letter grade).

Still a pretty big load from some other courses. Namely a stupid ass public speaking course I never took for my other degree. This course pisses me off. I hate public speaking and am no good at it. But this teacher is crazy about it for it being a pre-req class. Every week I have to give a 6-8 minute speech on a researched topic. The equivalent of 6-8 page research paper each week with an outline and whatnot. Obviously that doesn't seem like that much work compared to what some of the bright minds around here have done but both writing and composing my thoughts is painstaking process for me. So that class has been quite a burden. I'd rather have cold hard 'yes or no' grading material than subjective/interpretive academics.
    I like seeing the school update. As a future Math teacher who can't find a damn job teaching Math, I am definitely impressed with your math skillz!

Nice to hear. Public speaking is always an awkward class. I am not a fan of teachers who take their classes way too seriously. I am taking a Psychology class about the entire human development process and out of the 645 pages of text, all of it is fair game. The mid-term and the final will be a mother... but they are only worth 25-30% of the total grade combined, so that's not too bad.

And all of that shit about the bike, I have no idea, lol. I am reading it thinking, "I hope he got it to run right."

I'm thinking about starting up a new journal as well, or I am thinking of going the route of Coke and having a 10 year-long journal.

I'll be on board for whatever. Get it going man. I am right behind you.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

I hear ya on the torque wrench difficulties.

When I used to race pedal bikes, a lot of the screws and clamps would have a specific torque limit due to the carbon fiber attachments, which made it VERY important to get the torque right or else a possible spontaneous failure could occur. Needless to say, it was a pain in the ass.

Journal on IM.

I'm not against dual journaling but I'm not leaving somewhere that spoonfed and brought me up for 9 years. Assholes come and go, let them get under your skin and they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Lol'd at the videos you creepy mofo.
    Ayyy-yo creepin' is a habit, get like me

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Lessons learned, always spend money on a good torque wrench. Good to hear things got sorted and you're doing well man.
    Bought a couple snap-ons. Shouldn't have that problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    I am only about 40 days behind on this journal, but damn you need to get back into the gym because you are definitely in STRONG creeper mode. Quit while you're ahead my man, quit while you're ahead. (Although, I can tell that she has lots of potential, but .3 of a second is lame if you are going to creep.)

If I had all of those GIF's like Ryan I'd have one up here for you, but unfortuneately I don't have one.

2nd post coming...
    No worries, you've missed nothing in the last 40 days. "STRONG creeper mode" = winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    I like seeing the school update. As a future Math teacher who can't find a damn job teaching Math, I am definitely impressed with your math skillz!

Nice to hear. Public speaking is always an awkward class. I am not a fan of teachers who take their classes way too seriously. I am taking a Psychology class about the entire human development process and out of the 645 pages of text, all of it is fair game. The mid-term and the final will be a mother... but they are only worth 25-30% of the total grade combined, so that's not too bad.

And all of that shit about the bike, I have no idea, lol. I am reading it thinking, "I hope he got it to run right."

I'm thinking about starting up a new journal as well, or I am thinking of going the route of Coke and having a 10 year-long journal.

I'll be on board for whatever. Get it going man. I am right behind you.
    Yeah I don't really have any bullshit courses next semester so that'll be nice.

Workout incoming

10 minute heating pad on right shoulder
    5 minutes arm bike level 7

Underlined will designate post surgery PRs

Cable internal rotations, cable external rotations
    10x12 , 10x12
    10x12 , 10x12
    15x12 , 15x12
    15x12 , 15x12
    17.5x12 , 17.5x10

Close grip neutral pulldowns (two separate handles attached on carabiner)
    85x12
    120x12
    140x12
    140x12
    140x10

120x12

Seated Row
    100x10
    120x12
    120x11
    120x12

DB Floor Press
    30x12
    30x12
    40x12
    45x12
    45x12
    50x12

Seated DB OH Press
    20x12
    25x12
    35x12
    35x12
    35x12

Alternating DB Curls
    25x12
    30x12
    30x12

30x8

160 Degree bar Cable pushdowns
    50x12
    65x12
    65x9
    57.5x8

Some notes Feels good to train on my own. This is only one of a few since I've been on my own now. The workout is pretty much exactly what physical therapy consisted of + DB floor presses. With a few small changes of cable rotations instead of bands, cable pulldowns instead of machine, and a different attachment on the pushdowns.

Bumped the volume a few sets on a few exercises this workout. Will probably keep it mostly around here for the next few weeks. If presses feel okay they might get a bump but right now I definitely understand the apprehension they had about me doing horizontal presses. Them and curls are the two exercises that remind me the most of the injury. Instead of a mind muscle connection is a mind labrum paranoia.

I weigh about 190-192 consistently and estimate about 17%. It's a far cry from the 202 at about 12% I was at the end of my mini cut in February before I got hurt but it could be worse. For the time since my surgery until about 2 week ago 100% recovery came before any attempt to maintain a trained appearance. I was eating instinctively which at or above setpoint really doesn't amount to me being much hungrier than 2000 calories worth maybe 2500 tops. Fat was intentionally hiked, protein was about BW other than that I wasn't forcing anything and I wasn't limiting anything. I was just eating good foods as I was hungry.

Of the last two or three weeks since I've been cut from physical therapy I've still eating mostly in this manner with a little more carbs in place of fats for training. I've also done some cardio sessions. I'm on a slight recourse of regaining my composition, meaning I'm pretty sure I peaked at my worst a little while ago. I don't expect to make much progress but of the last couple weeks I definitely look a little more presentable (which in reality is in large part due to having a slight pump and not being 100% flat).

Anyhow. It'll be a long road and I'll take it one step at a time. I'm just thankful to have the ability to train at all. I was a little bummed about everything I'd lost on my first session back away from physical therapy. Towards the end of my workout a guy came in who was mostly blind who was training with the assistance of one of the trainers. Made me feel like shit for complaining to myself about what I didn't have when I'm still fortunate for lots in life.