The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Gotta say Rory, that's some impressive ish...

This whole time since the shoulder injury/surgery I've thought that you've been having mediocre workouts and would come on here looking mediocre. But I gotta say that you look pretty god-damn awesome dude. (Yes, I'm having a Ryan moment)

You've got such damn potential and intelligence to go along with it. You could coast and still look damn good.

I'm really hoping that you have the opportunity in the future to enter into a competition and see what you can really bring to a stage. I think you'd fair out extremely well... top in your class is what I'd bet on.

Far video, yea, but triceps look extremely thick! Look much bigger than me right now, and I think I have 10 pounds on you... granted I'm fatter!
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

House Lannister
    Rory, have you always had a dedicated arm day, usually?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    If I did say this, it would only be to welcome you to the club.

Damn good news you can DB press like that with the injury- Kinda finding the same thing, as long as I'm careful with it and avoid sudden out of groove movements, the power is still there.
    Yah, 'cept you just post pictures of barbells with like 7pps on facebook and enough is said. I dick around with pink weights and flash it to all of wbb and I think I'm a boss because I happened to be in the gym at an hour with old timers and crossfitters.

Quote Originally Posted by FearFactory View Post
    Rest pausing, I like it. I think that is exactly what you need to be doing given the state of your shoulder. High reps but rest paused so you can go to failure in a safer manner.
    I just like the pump!

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    lol, you look like you haven't lost any size at all.
    Get out of my journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    Gotta say Rory, that's some impressive ish...

This whole time since the shoulder injury/surgery I've thought that you've been having mediocre workouts and would come on here looking mediocre. But I gotta say that you look pretty god-damn awesome dude. (Yes, I'm having a Ryan moment)

You've got such damn potential and intelligence to go along with it. You could coast and still look damn good.

I'm really hoping that you have the opportunity in the future to enter into a competition and see what you can really bring to a stage. I think you'd fair out extremely well... top in your class is what I'd bet on.

Far video, yea, but triceps look extremely thick! Look much bigger than me right now, and I think I have 10 pounds on you... granted I'm fatter!
    Not really. I've been looking back through vids and pics and my legs still suck as always. I'd probably get my ass handed to me for that reason alone.

Why do you ask me questions that you know the answer to? You know I simply trained push/pull/legs for the longest time. I had an arm day for the majority of my workouts probably 2008-2010. I was push/pull/legs'ing it last year before I got hurt am doing the same now also. Though lately it's been Push/legs/pull/legs repeat.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    Your 2010 comp training split is what I usually use as reference, and there seemed to be arm days included in there pretty frequently.

Your 2010 comp training split is what I usually use as reference, and there seemed to be arm days included in there pretty frequently.
    Yah, there was. Probably then entire journal. I know you've asked me my opinion on an arm day at least a half of dozen times though. Sorry, guess you just legit didn't 'member. *hug*
    now leave

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Yah, there was. Probably then entire journal. I know you've asked me my opinion on an arm day at least a half of dozen times though. Sorry, guess you just legit didn't 'member. *hug*
    now leave

Not really. I've been looking back through vids and pics and my legs still suck as always. I'd probably get my ass handed to me for that reason alone.
    The last time you posted the pics during the contest prep in 2010, IIRC, you looked pretty damn balanced. I still think you'd do very well given the time and effort you'd like to dedicate to the process.

Looking big, bro. What did you do to your shoulder? I have abandoned over head presses because of the stress it puts on the glenoid.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

The last time you posted the pics during the contest prep in 2010, IIRC, you looked pretty damn balanced. I still think you'd do very well given the time and effort you'd like to dedicate to the process.
    They will forever be behind my upper, calves especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Looking big, bro. What did you do to your shoulder? I have abandoned over head presses because of the stress it puts on the glenoid.
    Type II also lesion last Feb and repair lst may. rest of 2011 was rehab and conservative lifting. Feb this year follow up MRI and concluded unsuccessful surgery. Since then its been rehab and conservative training however with a much greater emphasis on I don't give a fuck. Weak but still moderately productive, overall happy and fortunate at this point

Sup Rory. What's your arm routine like? How many days a week do you curl? Triceps are huge, you must do lots of kickbacks?
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

yes kickbacks with momentum

shotput kickbacks if enough space

Banned
    yes kickbacks with momentum
    pink DBs IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    pink DBs IIRC
    Pink DBs were my avatar for 7 years here.

Holy phuck I've been here 10 years.

Banned
    same although i dont have a fancy reg date to prove it

Holy phuck I've been here 10 years.
    Ditto. I can't believe I've been on here for that long. I started off at musclemag.com @ their forums, haha. Remember those magazines?

Forget being on the forums for 10 years, but I've been working out for 13 years this summer. Started summer going into high school. Thought I was built back then @ 140 pounds lol.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    same although i dont have a fancy reg date to prove it
    Why'd you ditch TWM anyways?

Ditto. I can't believe I've been on here for that long. I started off at musclemag.com @ their forums, haha. Remember those magazines?

Forget being on the forums for 10 years, but I've been working out for 13 years this summer. Started summer going into high school. Thought I was built back then @ 140 pounds lol.
    Right? It's kind of a grey area when I started training and I claim pretty much the same time as my registration here as when I started training "seriously". But if I count my years of curl jockey training in my garage and whatnot I'm probably right there with you at about 13 years.

I'm FINALLY unfreezing my alexanders gym membership tonight. It was always my primary gym and the one I enjoyed training at the most. After shoulder surgery I froze my membership. When I started back into training it wasn't worth using the remaining 6 or so months I had for the light rehab work and such because of the fact that they don't offer a student discount. So rather than using a 55 dollar membership to do bullshit work I had just been using my cheap 28 dollar Y membership (and another cheap 24 hour gym that gives me a student rate of the last two months).

But anyhow, even though I still don't need their nicer equipment in my current state, there really is no rational reason to be "saving" my remaining frozen membership there. I greatly prefer training there and I'm in the swing of training regularly enough that I'm unfreezing it. I'm excited beyond words to train there. I used to have such a great time training there with so many friends and sooo few douchebags. I really hope things haven't changed too much.

House Lannister
    That's good to hear about the Alexanders membership. I'm itching to get back to my commercial gym that I cancelled a few months back.

I'm itching for you to get the hell out of my journal

House Lannister
    I'm itching for you to get the hell out of my journal
    Might wanna get that looked at.

joke wasn't funny let alone even funny

Good move to not waste away your good gym membership while trying to just maintain and rehab.

Did you have all of those memberships at the same time? How much were you spending on gym memberships.

i fkckcing love my hometown. There were mad sirens about 20 minutes ago so I pulled up an online police scanner to see what was up. Turns out an old apartment I used to live in is burning down. I hated that place. I let it play in the background and since then there has been two separate ambulances dispatched one for a man with a painful cyst on his buttocks and the other in response to a domestic dispute involving a man with a shovel and a woman with lacerations on the back of her head/face

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=2244
    Last edited by Behemoth; 04-16-2012 at 07:51 PM.