The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    Western PA sounds as fun as Central PA.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

how not to row
    Last edited by Behemoth; 04-16-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    i fkckcing love my hometown. There were mad sirens about 20 minutes ago so I pulled up an online police scanner to see what was up. Turns out an old apartment I used to live in is burning down. I hated that place. I let it play in the background and since then there has been two separate ambulances dispatched one for a man with a painful cyst on his buttocks and the other in response to a domestic dispute involving a man with a shovel and a woman with lacerations on the back of her head/face

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=2244
    sarcasm? i wonder how painful a buttock cyst must be before you dial 911. paging dr beast

Holy phuck I've been here 10 years.
    Get a life man.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

cardio shape fail. staying upright late fail.

skip to 0:50. edit fail.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 04-26-2012 at 11:56 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

At that 2:45 mark, where you sat down, it's like you were thinking "this shit sucks!"

Where those eternity lunges or what?

BTW, do you consciously wear your ATL shirts to the gym when you do vids? Love the representing...
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Lunges seemed like a fun time!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Ouch!
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    At that 2:45 mark, where you sat down, it's like you were thinking "this shit sucks!"

Where those eternity lunges or what?

BTW, do you consciously wear your ATL shirts to the gym when you do vids? Love the representing...
    Ha. I wanted to keep the set going for a few more rest pause TBH but knew it wasn't prudent or productive. The majority of my gym shirts are ALN, but I wear others also. Them being in the videos is just chance.

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Lunges seemed like a fun time!
    They were!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat_Head View Post
    Ouch!
    Haha

Finished up with finals yesterday and couldn't be more relieved. Just need calc 2 this summer and I'll have the associates that should get me the into the nuke plant nearby. Unfortunately the one I'm enrolled in only has 2 other people and is almost certainly going to get cancelled. fuuuuu

At this point in time the option of shoulder surgery is not practical. But fortunately it is still doing well. I think on the whole it has improved over the last few months. I do have more overhead range of motion and certain exercises that it was previously intolerant of I can now do (machine rows, reverse pec deck post delts). A lot of things still worry me though. I tried an HS IC press last week that probably wasn't conducive to it's well being. Also tried DB shrugs yesterday for the first time and deemed they were probably not a good idea.

I did train slightly heavier than my ultra high rep range for yesterdays pull workout. I may bring the notebook in and keep track of my sets to log a few workouts in here, or at least take a some more training vids. Thinking about making an attempt to get into my normal summer shape that I now haven't been for 2 years. I'm still 190 give or a take a few and probably wouldn't need to lose anymore than a real 7 or 8lbs. Though if I cut calories to start a linear path down I'd likely wind up about 173-175 to hit that condition.

In before I see the 160s

House Lannister
    In before I see the 160s
    pics phaggot.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    pics phaggot.
    Of the scale? I just saw 179 this morning. Lowest I've been since the end of my diet in 2010.

House Lannister
    Of the scale? I just saw 179 this morning. Lowest I've been since the end of my diet in 2010.
    how has your strength held up?

in b4 you end up competing.

how has your strength held up?

in b4 you end up competing.
    Strengths comical. I'm probably losing muscle TBH but don't even care. Just want to be cut right now.

Competitions are a no go phaggot.

How tall?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

5 9 and i round up

House Lannister

fine you mancunt video incoming as soon as youtube finishes

finally made the move up from 600's to my first liter bike. shits nuts. apparently it does 104 in first gear which I have not had the balls to verify

I'm with Chev, pics.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

I had my phone taping for pretty much the whole time i was db pressing. clipped the last two or so minutes of me wrapping up and doing a backoff set of i believe 75s

Last edited by Behemoth; 05-24-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    That is what 179 looks like on you? The hell. I need to get my arms bigger, I guess.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Yeah, you look real good for 179 bro. Your low bodyfat has a lot to do with it. Nice. And be careful on that crotch rocket!

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

finally made the move up from 600's to my first liter bike. shits nuts. apparently it does 104 in first gear which I have not had the balls to verify
    Not about balls with that one at all. Smart not to test that one out.

Just get under the bar!