Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    So this is that secret place on WBB where all the bodybuilders hang out at.
    I have about 5 regular subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    wait so youve gained 20lbs including bloat and still have 8 visible abs? hateI'm not rocking them to the beach or anything, but yeah you can see each of them if I flex

anyways though, nice work. i'm a big fan of the OH pressing. what an exercise and youre clearly killing it. is your eating pretty much as described above still? Yeah i'm overwhelmingly curious about what martin the leangains guy can really do still don't think theres anything special about it. It's simply behavioural IMO. I cant see being able to put on serious mass like this, I definetly see breakfast being added at some point down the line for me. do you think that guy who was at the Y was natty? Yeah it's possible. Though probably bigger than the majority of most natty pros not inconceivable to think he couldn't be. I have no reason to assume he hasnt got there on his own i feel like i could explode if i did a few 12-15 week cycles of test.. but being really big isnt practical. why not? dunno. clearly you would truly be a behemoth if you ran test. The other guy that asked me about tren and some other juice he was on during my legday... I literally watched explode on it. I had overwhelming suspicion as I was watching him grow like Ive rarely seen anybody. He works like ****ing animal though. Clearly it's combination of the two. Honestly him telling me he was on and seeing what it did for him I feel I could benefit the same, and it's tempting, but I'd lose all my lifting pride. He's 11 weeks out from a show and by my judgement more like 20. I talked to him briefly about diet, he has a handle but didnt even know his macros, just went by daily consistent portions. It will be interested to see what happens with this guy in the next 11 weeks. from what i can see, the new apartment looks great. nice wallmount lcd! I'm digging it so far, thanks

edit: the above paragraph looks like ramblings of a 8 year old. i like it good ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    mhmm.
    Shush, your journal is twice as popular as mine. The only reason you still come around is because you're still in love with me. I've moved on. And I want facconable button down back.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 09-06-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Shush, your journal is twice as popular as mine. The only reason you still come around is because you're still in love with me. I've moved on. And I want facconable button down back.
    Fuk that noise, I'm keeping that.

yesterdays workout

Back, very mild biceps

BB Rows + blue aerobics band. No not a real band, I plan on buying some when I get some more cash. Probably added 50 resistance at the top.

135x15
    185x12

225x12
    225x9 lfs (which is a designation I jot down meaning either last few shallow, or last few sloppy)
    225x11 lfs

Wide PDs
    210x8
    225x5
    225x5
    225x4 DS: 195x4
    210x8

HS High Row
    120x5.5
    120x4
    110x6
    110x6

Rack Pulls Real high. From right above knee. More of a stiff legged lockout than conventional. Hate these, want to pull from the floor bad.
    135x12
    225x10
    315x6

365x4
    365x4
    365x5

HS Front PD
    150x6!
    140x6!
    140x5!

Seated shrugs
    105x9!
    115x8!
    115x8
    115x8

Low incline curls
    60x3!
    55x6

Commentary Good. Considering >50 minutes sleep, no nap, and only 150mg caffeine pre.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Ate breakfast yesterday as I didn't want to drag first day at nuclear plant with little rest. Weight in 198 yesterday 198.5 today. Good ****. Since I've pretty much met one of beginning goals of learning some moderation without either extreme in diet I'm going to take a few days, maybe a week to track. I'm not going to change my eatting habits as of lately, I'm just going to record the amount of oats I pour into the bowl I feel I need etc. Anxious to see the numbers, though they're probably lower than I feel like they are. I feel like I'm eatting 3500-3800kcal. We'll see.

130s on video. Still killin it. Ill post it lata tonight

Weight in 198 yesterday 198.5 today. Good ****. Since I've pretty much met one of beginning goals of learning some moderation without either extreme in diet

I definitely like the sound of this. Almost 200 pounds and you still are rather lean, that's definite progress.

I believe that getting away from all of the obsession with weighing your foods and making sure your portions are divided perfectly helps get yourself away from the monotonous routine that can be BBing. That's definitely one thing I've always strayed away from and I've never been one to obsess over it, and I'm quite happy that I don't.

Oh and 130 pounds, SICK.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Cable Internal Rotations / Cable External Rotations
    40x10 / 40x10
    50x10 / 50x10
    60x6 / 60x6
    80x10! / 65x6

DB Press All sets (except 130s) are done resting inner dumbell plates on outter chest for a second
    60x12
    80x6
    105x4

120x6.5
    120x8
    130x5!!
    130x4.5!!

120x6
    105x8 DBs handles well below chest, pause, speed reps. These may as well have been pink at this point.

Cable Crossover
    65x6
    60x6
    60x5
    55x7
    55x7

Hammerstrength IC Press
    270x5.5
    270x4
    260x7
    260x6
    250x8.5 Let go and reset (intentionally) on every rep this set

Cable crunches Stacks 95. I've manuevered some ghetto rigging to hang several plates
    95x12
    165x10
    165x8
    140x12
    140x12
    140x7
    140x8

Commentary

Pressing went like this
    - Warmups felt light
    - First set of 120s I bombed the setup yet again
    - Second set I nailed it and was on pace for a killer set. Assface apparently thinks I was going to need a spot at about rep 2 or 3 runs over and tries to grab my wrists. I fiercely yelled out DONT TOUCH ME! Suprisingly rather than screw my concentration I had an epic adrenaline rush and banged out the next 5 or 6 flawlessly.
    - I had no intnetions of making the jump today but with that set being smoked I decided to do one set of 130s for a double maybe a tripple given I'm making a swing to lower rep ranges for a little while. Never thought I'd get five. They were shakey and not 100% depth but in my eyes all completely legitmate reps. Fresh it's tough to say if this set would have been better or worse and without my prior mid set motivation.

Video

Food totals came in @ 3810kcal, 71.9f/464.5c/346.2p This is pretty much spot on how I've been eatting lately. Considering my eatting is consistent and my prediction about my intake were quite accurate the extra stress and time of weighing and counting like today is doing things ass backwards IMO.

For a more detailed look of what my eatting has looked like you can check it out here (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...ml?Owner=ror_e) . The shake in there at breakfast (which was the .5 "BF Whey" and "solution 5") was good for 160cals that hadn't been in the last couple weeks of me floating at maintenace. So 3810 - 160 = still dead in my ballpark assumption of 3500-3800 that I made.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 09-08-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Flat benching heavy DBs in each hand for several sets is no joke, props.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post

I believe that getting away from all of the obsession with weighing your foods and making sure your portions are divided perfectly helps get yourself away from the monotonous routine that can be BBing. That's definitely one thing I've always strayed away from and I've never been one to obsess over it, and I'm quite happy that I don't.
    I agree. It's like your approach to prep last year, you trusted yourself and it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Flat benching heavy DBs in each hand for several sets is no joke, props.
    Thanks Terry

Yesterdays legs

Squats
    135x10
    135x8
    185x6
    185x6
    225x4
    225x4
    275x4
    275x4

Legs felt fine though this. For not lifting them in 6 weeks I was suprised how light this all felt. Not that it isn't light, it's just I would have though 2pps would feel like 3pps after such a layoff.

DB Lunges
    50s x 20
    75s x20
    75s x10

Legs felt pretty good on these too until the last set. I could have finished it easy and would have like to move up in weight again, but I felt a little discomfort in my right leg towards the end. Not pushing anything yet.

Reverse hypers I hold the plate about a foot above my head. Not on it, nor are my arms outstretched.
    +10 x 10
    25x10
    25x8
    25x8

Commentary I think they're going to be okay. I'm just going to keep easing into some more for a while here. If I get healthy before long Im thinking about squatting heavy 2x a week at the expense of some upper body volume as the margin I've widened here the last two months I'm not happy with.

Banned
    How are those canned potatoes?

Your bench is really moving. You're gonna catch stan efferdin (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    How are those canned potatoes?

Your bench is really moving. You're gonna catch stan efferdin (sp)
    They're alright. They're white potatoes so that was a post workout meal there. I didn't have much food in the house so I used them. Lately I've been eatting freezer soft pretzels but I was out. I'm probably order dextrose and/or malto with my next supp order because when I start working out at work it's going to be right after and I'll need something easy to pack.

House Lannister
    They're alright. They're white potatoes so that was a post workout meal there. I didn't have much food in the house so I used them. Lately I've been eatting freezer soft pretzels but I was out. I'm probably order dextrose and/or malto with my next supp order because when I start working out at work it's going to be right after and I'll need something easy to pack.
    Where do you order most of your supps?

Oh and for some reason the vid isn't working for me.

Bb.com which ill probably get yelled at for saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdo0MLhnaPo try that

Banned
    i like bulknutrition
    Last edited by Behemoth; 09-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.

House Lannister
    Bb.com which ill probably get yelled at for saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdo0MLhnaPo try that
    Really? I always thought they were kinda pricey in terms of shipping...

No wonder you were able to press all that weight up, the gym was playing our song.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Really? I always thought they were kinda pricey in terms of shipping...

No wonder you were able to press all that weight up, the gym was playing our song.
    I order several months worth of whatever I'm ordering. In such volume a $7-8 shipping charge I don't even notice especially when you factor in the money I save from buying most other places. Even more clutch is theres a warehouse in PA and with ground shipping I get it the next day.

I thought we first danced to bryan adams?
    Last edited by Behemoth; 09-11-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Calves, Biceps, Abs

Low IC Curls
    30x10
    40x6
    50x8
    50x8 lfs
    50x8
    50x7
    50x8

Straight Leg Rotary Calf
    40x10
    50x10
    50x10
    50x10
    50x10
    50x10
    60x10
    60x9
    60x9

HS Crunch
    25x12
    50x12
    50x10
    50x10
    50x10

Seated Calf
    90x10
    90x6
    90x6
    90x5
    90x6
    90x5

Single Arm Cable Curl Back facing the stack
    35x8
    42.5x8
    42.5x8

Commentary
    Good workout. Even enjoyed it and normally I hate training each and every one of these groups.

In general things are really good too. Not full out bulking has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. My confidence is prepetually topped off as if I'm holding peak condition and I find myself being pretty alpha. I went out last night to one of the bars near my place. Met a girl there and hit it off for a while. We walked over to another bar nextdoor. Ran into an ex there (straight up brittany daniel look alike that it didn't work out with), rather than get uncomfortable and ackward like I would have expected myself to, I gave her a big hug, picked her up, kissed her on the cheek and started joking about how much I missed her (which I don't). It was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-17-2011 at 08:14 PM.

well done sir, on all accounts.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

House Lannister
    At this point I could say anything and she'd be right back. But I saved face and let her walk closing the door on her.
    Nice to know you can decide either way, eh?

I'm lulzing at all the stories that'd come out of you visiting Tim in florida and hitting the clubs haha.

Here we go steelers

That's great news regarding the last leg workout. I'm actually surprised that you were even playing with 275 for reps knowing that you haven't squatted in weeks. It's gotta be encouraging that 275 wasn't as heavy as you anticipated. I definitely see some big increases in your squat once you are into things full swing.

You've been killing things lately. Very fun to watch.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

My confidence is prepetually topped off as if I'm holding peak condition and I find myself being pretty alpha.
    wtf, you be staying alpha, lol - as well you should, wouldn't want to see you any other way.

Banned
    dude you blew it

whenever a girl tells you "i dont want you to think im a slut" thats when you either whip it out and/or rip her pants off because she is in fact a slut

dogs are seriously the best excuse ever to isolate a girl from the pack. its my mainstay. i blame everything on my dog.
    Last edited by f=ma; 09-13-2010 at 02:47 AM.