Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: A collection of posts in the journal section

Still blue screens and safe mode. We'll see if I can get this one logged before I get a crash

Back

DL
    135x10
    135x4
    225x4
    225x2
    315x2
    365x4
    365x3.5

Wide PDs
    255x6!
    255x4.5!
    240x8
    240x8
    240x6 -- added straps for the remainder. Never before strapped anything but shrugs and lunges.
    225x8
    225x6.5
    225x6.5

HS High Row
    130x6!

HS plate loading Isolateral Row (alternating)
    180x8/8
    270x8/8
    320x6/6
    320x6/6
    320x6/6

HS Front PD
    145x7
    125x9.5
    125x7

Seated DB Shrugs
    120x7.5!
    120x8!
    120x9.5!

Trap Bar Shrugs
    225x9
    225x10
    225x10

Wide PDs
    225x8
    225x6
    225x5

Commentary: Great workout. I've weaned off of stims except for a cup of coffee or two in the morning. I had been drinking a lot more coffee, caffeine pills and preworkout supps as needed. But its time to give the adrenal system some reset and get back to normal. Cranked this **** out like I was on meth though. No way could it have been the 50g dextrose inclusive supp (non-stim) added 1 hour preworkout... could it?

Deadlifting was pretty risky. Back and knees felt fine during. On my last set of trap bar deads when I was setting the weight down I felt a bad click on my inner right knee where the strain is worst. Was really worried initally but it walked off in just a minute or two. It feels fine now but I iced the hell out it when I got home and did the back too just because.

Also devising some split changes where I'll likely be squatting twice a week, once heavy low reps and then a second day with less weight, some higher reps, but still pretty low volume. I want to move deads off of back day to this supplemental day also. We'll see.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 09-21-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wanted to go on record and reconcile an innacuracy I noted in here a few weeks ago. The guy that asked me if I was on tren a few weeks ago was indeed natural at the time (and an impressive build, actually very impressive considering his brief training history). I misunderstood him when he said he wanted help with a cycle, he meant he was planning on using but hadn't started yet. Anyhow he has started now but was natural then and big as **** that I thought was the juice once I thought he came out with it.

I really like this guy, he's prepping for a show I think 8.5 weeks out now. We've been bs'ing a lot lately and he's a good dude. He's got a solid grasp on training and a fair one on nutrition IMO. But his work ethic shines, I very, very rarely see one I'm impressed with. Its actually really funny because at my #1 gym I've pretty much been the #1 guy the last year. Well when this guy showed up here everybody that I knew was saying he was trying to encroach on my territory and **** (and just joking of course, it's not my territory). One guy made a joke when we happened to be working nearly out side by side and I was wearing blue and he was wearing red and said it was the bloods and the crips lol. I guess everyone just expected us to start male posturing and puffing our chests for dominance. But that's far but been the case. I'll give him credit where its due, he's definetly bigger than me. We're at about equal leaness right now. He's stronger in general I think. He pulled 495 today but I think I still have him on legs once I'm healthy as well maybe chest and back? Not sure. I didn't see any very heavy squatting or presses today on his leg day. I think I still have a little more pop and balance to my physique than he has. Overall we both have our areas where we shine and lack and I think it's pretty badass that we get along, and I'm pretty stoked to see his show.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Sup dude, didn't know you started a new journal.

I love lifting with people that are as strong as/stronger than me, always great motivation.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Sup man. Volumous-looking action there. Lol'd @ bloods and crips XD That's cool to have some extra motivation/competition. I don't feel like there's anyone I can really relate with at my gym (either they are huge and way stronger than me or way weaker than me or just don't even do the same kinds of exercises so it's meh).
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

House Lannister
    HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME????

Banned
    nice deads rory.

ryan, move on. youve been dumped

****ty deads.

Even ****tier is the $950 on hotel and airline fees some brittish dbag charged on my debit card yesterday. Getting that call during my workout + my cold ruined my day and workout yesterday. Its not like I was already in a bad mood or anything when I came home and the dogs tore the trash apart tracking coffee grounds everywhere.

Oh well, hopefully I feel better and get this stuff resolved tonight and can get in some decent legs on Friday. My badge finally admits me into the work gym and they have a hack squat there I'm excitied to get under.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    ****ty deads.

Even ****tier is the $950 on hotel and airline fees some brittish dbag charged on my debit card yesterday. Getting that call during my workout + my cold ruined my day and workout yesterday. Its not like I was already in a bad mood or anything when I came home and the dogs tore the trash apart tracking coffee grounds everywhere.

Oh well, hopefully I feel better and get this stuff resolved tonight and can get in some decent legs on Friday. My badge finally admits me into the work gym and they have a hack squat there I'm excitied to get under.
    I had something very similar happen to be a year ago during the summer time. Someone got ahold of my debit card and charged about $600 on it, and I didn't have much in there so I was getting hammered with overdraft fees. I bank with 5th 3rd and they were very helpful and gave me the credit on the majority of everything, I think i did have to pay a fee or 2.

It wasn't too bad, but I was re-issued a new card and things have been fine since then.

Hopefully it all works itself out within the next few days.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Hey man you GTL?
    Yeah maybe.
    Looks like it, how much you bench?
    I don't know I use dumbells.
    That's cool man... you want a job?
    What kind of job?
    Bank teller.
    Uhh what? That qualifies me how?

Lols

Banned
    rory, same thing happened to me in may of 08. some thief charged $1700 in t-mobile phones on my debit card. i use bank of america and it was actually very painful. i had to sign a bunch of affidavits and then they threatened to reassess the charge because they were missing paper work. in the end, i went into the branch where i opened my accounts, made a profane scene, threatened to close all of my accounts into cashiers checks, and suddenly everything was fixed.

moral of the story: use a credit card for all of your day to day purchases. debit card transactions are not always protected.

Hey man you GTL?
    Yeah maybe.
    Looks like it, how much you bench?
    I don't know I use dumbells.
    That's cool man... you want a job?
    What kind of job?
    Bank teller.
    Uhh what? That qualifies me how?

Lols
    It would definitely be very random to see a swole dude working the bank teller job. I'm used to seeing tall skinny guys or young females. I only wish I could see more of the good looking females, I'll always make sure i go in for my transactions if I find a bank with a nice hottie.

LOL, I sound like an old pervert.

Banned
    so apparently there is no workout.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    so apparently there is no workout.
    ?There was a wed chest day that was garbage that I didn't log. Thurs is always an off day. Legs tonight...

Legs tonight...
    Are you planning on taking it easy still or are you ready to go for a more intense leg workout?

Banned
    ah. good stuff

I'm definetly not 100%. Ham tendons are so, so much better these days. The inside of my right leg is still worrysome.

Ill be playing it be feel. Feeling the squats out as I go. I do plan on brining up the volume today regardless of if I feel ready to work at more than say 80% intensity.

More bank difficulties. Fraudulent charges have now netted $1400 due to every autodebiting bill I have seeming to hit right after the frauds put my checking in a deficit.

I packed to workout t the work gym after work but after checking my bank midday I realized I had to get to the bank again today asap. Ended up working out at my regular gym, I guess the hack squats I was looking forward to will have to wait until next week.

Workout was nothing special, worked up to a few low rep sets at 3pps on squats then did a couple 20rep sets at 2pps then a handful of weighted reverse hypers. Ill post it if my computer allows me.

Banned
    rory, sorry to hear about the bank BS. i know firsthand how much of a PITA that is. i hope your bank does whats right and pulls back some of those fees that im sure theyre slapping to you

been foam rolling? i started rolling my quads/hams/glutes. the leg muscles are so tender.. pretty crazy for what it is

I was reminded again why I never train before 5pm. This one was at 12:30, not in the zone one bit. low energy. zero fun. Roger waters doing the wall in it's entirity tonight so it was train early or not train. In retrospecte I wouldn't have.

Shoulders. Triceps

Cable Internal Rotations / Cable External Rotations
    40x10
    50x10
    50x10
    50x10

DB OH Press
    50x12
    70x6
    85x4
    105x3! completely botched the flip. Had them 90% into position and lost them. Should have had 4, maybe 5.
    100x6
    95x4 wow wtf

CG Bench
    135x10
    185x4
    225x2
    285x3!
    285x2.5
    275x4 - felt easy, probably had 5 but no spotter and just coming off of a fail w/o one rattles my confidence
    275x3
    245x6

Lateral Raise
    45x12
    55x6
    50x7

At this point I had enough. I was just not having fun. Super short. Waste of a workout IMO.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 09-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.

House Lannister
    I get what you mean about training later. I either train an hour after I wake up with the help of some stimulants, or later at night. Otherwise, my sessions suck.

Your lateral raises are still nuts.

Your bank really ought to waive them fees due to theft, good luck with getting that **** cleared up.
    Last edited by Coke; 09-27-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Banned
    nice dude 105s

once you start getting up there in db presses, anything out of the groove in the db kickup can kill a set, as you obviously know

Strong close-grips
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

On 10s this week. 6 - 12s starting sat. This means regular gyms are out, its work gym now. Gym here is badass except dbs only go to 100. Db benching is out, debating between flat bb free weight and smith incline for my chest money maker. Haven't used flat bb regulalry in probably 5 or more years... to the tune of probably 165lbs. Also considering bb military, or maybe ill superset db oh with lateral raises beforehand.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 09-28-2010 at 11:32 AM.

House Lannister
    I'd like to see bb incline if you have it and bb military, although I am really curious to see what you can accomplish on the flat bench. Think you could rep 315?