Ok, my name is Chris Smith, from Eaton, Ohio. I am 42 years old, and have been competing in bench comps for around 12 years or so. I have been around a while--had the pleasure of lifting in a couple WPO Bench Bash for Cash meets in Orlando back in 2003/2004 and some of Bill Carpenter's Bench Bash meets as well. I have my own gym (Eaton Barbell--check out www.eatonbarbell.com ), and also train at the Powerstation Gym in Middletown, Ohio and with Gritter at his Barn Gym. On Monday, 08/09/10 I have started the Block Periodization training. This program has been mapped out by Jeremy Frey for me. I am a bench only guy and 42 years old. Current best benches are 730 at 220 and 749 at 242. I have been doing a more traditional Westside type of training for the last 6 years or so. My training had gotten stale, bored with it, and I honestly wasn't having much fun. I have read about Block Training, and it peaked my interest to the point of wanting to give it a run. My work capacity is crap right now, so my first block (Accumulation) is going to run 7 weeks. Here is my first day.

08/09/10
Safety Squat Bar Box Squat
5 sets x 5 reps 315 lbs
9 exercise circuit (2 x through 10 reps) consisting of
Incline DB Press--70 lbs
Chest Supp Row--3 plates and a quarter
Band Leg Curl--Green Band
Sit Ups
Flat DB Fly
Band Pull Apart
SL RDL
Wall Sits (45 seconds)
Plate Raise
Made it through the first day. Was a bit winded about 1/3 of the way thru the second circuit, but kept the pace fairly quick. Tuesday is the only day off for me. Benchin on Wednesday.