Thread: nutrition and calorie count in "pho"

nutrition and calorie count in "pho"

Pho is a Vietnamese noodle dish which consists of broth soup, rice noodle, flank, rare steak, brisket, meatball, tripe, onion, cilantro, bean sprout, and tendon. Preparation of this dish varies store to store. Some stores may use MSG while each have their own recipe in what they use for ingredients. I wanted to get an general idea of what the calorie count and nutrition facts are in Pho.
    I started a simple diet (not super strict) and love me some Pho noodle soup. I think its a better alternative than what I would eat in the past: super burrito, cheese burger, chinese food, fried chicken, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pho

Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    Pho is a Vietnamese noodle dish which consists of broth soup, rice noodle, flank, rare steak, brisket, meatball, tripe, onion, cilantro, bean sprout, and tendon. Preparation of this dish varies store to store. Some stores may use MSG while each have their own recipe in what they use for ingredients. I wanted to get an general idea of what the calorie count and nutrition facts are in Pho.
    I started a simple diet (not super strict) and love me some Pho noodle soup. I think its a better alternative than what I would eat in the past: super burrito, cheese burger, chinese food, fried chicken, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pho

It's basically a thin broth with rice vermicelli, thinly sliced meat and herbs/aromatics of your choice. It's not very filling (as you might know). The protein macro isn't something I would count towards my daily total -- although if you're cutting, it might be ideal.

Remember that rice noodles are something like 200 calories per cup. And when I say "thinly sliced meat", I mean paper-thin. Could be as low as 400 calories to as high as 750 per serving -- it really depends on what ingredients are present. Meatballs will up the fat and calorie content for example, esp. if they're made of ground pork.

Hope that was helpful in some way.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles