I have severely cut down my drinking since starting to seriously lift, but have a few questions:
1. Say I have dinner straight after working out. Would 1 or 2 drinks an hour later have any real effect on gains?
2. If I had around 8 drinks a day or two after lifting, how much would that mess up recovery?
3. If I lift when I'm hungover, I tend to be significantly stronger than normal (setting PRs), even though I have to skull about 2 glasses of water between every set lol - is anyone else like this? What would be the reason for this?
4. Do different types of alcohol make any difference?
5. How much do all of you drink, and when (in relation to your training)?