The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Help me spice up my diet and add some variety

I am going to post up a sample of my diet, and while it is already fairly healthy, I do not feel I get enough variety. I would like an increase in variety to ensure I'm getting all the nutrients my body needs, while creating more diversity in my meals and snacks. Basically, what are some snacks and meals you guys enjoy? Any ideas are appreciated.

Breakfast: I enjoy this meal and I'm not looking for more variety or new food choices here really.
    bowl of oatmeal (usually topped with berries and with a cup or so of milk added)
    1 egg
    1 big spoonful of natural peanut butter

Postworkout Shake:
    Milk and Whey Protein Powder (approximately 12oz total)

Lunch
    Grilled chicken salad (spinach, cucumbers, cheddar, sunflower seeds, egg)
    Apple and some peanut butter
    8-10oz of milk

Dinner
    Turkey Sandwich (whole wheat bread, turkey, slice of cheddar cheese, spinach, tomato) with a piece of fruit and milk
    OR
    Steak or grilled chicken with brown rice or spinach also with a piece of fruit and milk

Evening Snack
    plain yogurt topped with berries
    AND/OR
    walnuts, almonds, piece of fruit, celery and natural peanut butter, whole wheat pita with hummus

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I find the key is to have several well thought out options for each meal. So for example I know my lunch can be one of 4 things and all contain roughly the same calories/macros.

So, sometimes I have oatmeal/protein shake for breakfast and other times I have low fat yoghurt, granola and a protein shake.

Kebabs are a good lunch option. Just skewer the meat with veg.

Coke Zero helps too, it feels like a treat and has no sugar/calories.

Use herbs, spices and low calorie condiments too. Realize that a small amount of a condiment is not going to make or break your progress...

So instead of having grilled plain chicken. Throw in some rosemary, garlic and perhaps spome balsamic vinegar... Or buy a low calorie dressing for the salad. Etc.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    All good ideas and additions that would be easy to implement. Thanks for you help!

Chris-Diet & Nutrition TV ChristopherG.EU's Avatar
    I can help you with your evening snack.

I vary mine quite easily. Try these out.

1. My Night Cap

2 cups water, 2 scoops of your favorite casein based protein powder, 1 tablespoon of oat flour (it's really great stuff), 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil and a teaspoon of L-glutamine (optional).

mix and shake and drink!

2. My Muscle Malt

1 cup water, , 3 tablespoons of ovaltine malt, 2 scoops chocolate or vanilla casein based protein, 1 tablespoon lecithin granules.

mix and shake and drink!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherG.EU View Post
    I can help you with your evening snack.

I vary mine quite easily. Try these out.

1. My Night Cap

2 cups water, 2 scoops of your favorite casein based protein powder, 1 tablespoon of oat flour (it's really great stuff), 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil and a teaspoon of L-glutamine (optional).

mix and shake and drink!

2. My Muscle Malt

1 cup water, , 3 tablespoons of ovaltine malt, 2 scoops chocolate or vanilla casein based protein, 1 tablespoon lecithin granules.

mix and shake and drink!
    Thanks for your input. Shakes would be good for an extra snack now and then too.

Wannabebig Member
    A snack that I enjoy is I have one package of instant sugar free pudding mix, two scoops of protein powder, teaspoon of glutamine and creatine, and two cups fat free milk. This is my night time snack on some workout days. Tastes great and seems like a treat.