Thread: Smaller more compact physique.

Smaller more compact physique.

How would one train for a physique like a elite level gymnast would have?

http://www.geocities.com/chrissycat76/photo.htm

What would be the best way to train for a physique like the one in the above picture? Small, compact, yet very very strong. (anyone who can throw their bodyweight around like that is strong)

Muscle can't change shape. It can only experience either hypertrophy or atrophy. There's no real way to train like that, other than working your upper body a whole shitload.
    "Let's hope the ship has a captain, in other words, since we're not taking part in what's going on."
    -Noam Chomsky
    "It's like putting pearls on swine. You can dress up a pig... but it's still a pig... isn't it? oink oink oink..oink oink"
    -Henry Rollins
    Push the envelope... watch it bend..
    -Tool
    "In the valley of the shadow of death... I fear no one, because i am the baddest mother****er in the valley!"

There's no real way to train like that, other than working your upper body a whole shitload
    Obviously there is a way to train like that otherwise how come all gymnasts look basically the same. I guess you have to remember that these guys have all been trained from a very early age, they don't train to look like they do it is merely a byproduct of being able to do what they do. I remember reading how top level gymnasts have gradually built up to the sheer volume of training they perform over the course of their lifetime.
    Failure is a privelage reserved for those who do not try hard enough

i think they look like that from the gymnastics more so than weight lifting, they probably dont hit the weights much, i bet its mostly situps, pushups, pullups, etc then their gymnastics routines

Mystic Eric
    I'm sure some even take steroids!

nah, they can't be big and bulky.. it won't work well with what they do.. they wanna be slim and strong